• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yeah, I think the JL suit is a little 'bulky', but I hope they add the ring around the lightning bolt on his chest here.

I think the first suit was based on a young superhero making up his own costume on the fly to protect his body from superspeed force. Now this will take it to the next step.

On 1/7/2021 at 5:47 AM, Angel of Death said:

I saw that Cyborg is being written out of The Flash, which considering Ray Fisher's comments, makes sense. It's unfortunate, though.

I'd just recast the character. I didn't like Fisher's performance--too mopey and self-serious, no matter the situation, except for basically the one (presumably Whedon-inserted) line at the end of the movie (I like my Cyborg closer to the Teen Titans iteration from the Cartoon Network version of the mid-2000s).

Edited by bpc3qh

45 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I'd just recast the character. I didn't like Fisher's performance--too mopey and self-serious, no matter the situation, except for basically the one (presumably Whedon-inserted) line at the end of the movie (I like my Cyborg closer to the Teen Titans iteration from the Cartoon Network version of the mid-2000s).

Remember that Snyder even noted Cyborg was drastically changed by Joss Whedon. Otherwise, why would Snyder post that the character was the heart of his version of the movie.

So judging Ray Fischer based on what Whedon did with the character seems to be jumping the gun.

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Remember that Snyder even noted Cyborg was drastically changed by Joss Whedon. Otherwise, why would Snyder post that the character was the heart of his version of the movie.

So judging Ray Fischer based on what Whedon did with the character seems to be jumping the gun.

Sure--but at the same time I didn't like the performance, so I wouldn't hesitate to recast him. It's not like the Whedon changes made Gadot's performance worse, for example, or Momoa's.

2 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Sure--but at the same time I didn't like the performance, so I wouldn't hesitate to recast him. It's not like the Whedon changes made Gadot's performance worse, for example, or Momoa's.

You mean when Whedon did the 'boy falls on female' scene which Gal Gadot refused to shoot? :flamed:

Just now, Bosco685 said:

You mean when Whedon did the 'boy falls on female' scene which Gal Gadot refused to shoot? :flamed:

No, I mean the other scenes that Whedon would have shot with her. I'm not trying to litigate the Whedon issues, b/c they're not relevant here. My point is that there's no reason not to just recast Fisher and keep the Cyborg character in the film.

1 minute ago, bpc3qh said:

No, I mean the other scenes that Whedon would have shot with her. I'm not trying to litigate the Whedon issues, b/c they're not relevant here. My point is that there's no reason not to just recast Fisher and keep the Cyborg character in the film.

But you are noting you didn't care for his performance, which I'm reminding you it has been made clear Whedon changed the character's involvement drastically leading to the WarnerMedia investigation into what took place and now WB parting ways with him. Maybe we didn't get the best performance from Ray Fisher when the environment was that toxic?

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt some.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

But you are noting you didn't care for his performance, which I'm reminding you it has been made clear Whedon changed the character's involvement drastically leading to the WarnerMedia investigation into what took place and now WB parting ways with him. Maybe we didn't get the best performance from Ray Fisher when the environment was that toxic?

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt some.

Sure, whatever. I didn't like the performance he gave, under bad circumstances--not a judgment on him as person. But if he's refusing to do any more of these movies (which is my understanding), then we should recast the role.

2 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Sure, whatever. I didn't like the performance he gave, under bad circumstances--not a judgment on him as person. But if he's refusing to do any more of these movies (which is my understanding), then we should recast the role.

He's definitely taking an 'all or nothing' approach in dealing with WB Studios. That's either going to make for a rough road ahead for him now that they announced Walter Hamada's contract has been extended, or they will figure out a way to calm the waters. Time will tell. But right now, I'm not sure how they move forward working him on anything DC without it being an issue.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

He's definitely taking an 'all or nothing' approach in dealing with WB Studios. That's either going to make for a rough road ahead for him now that they announced Walter Hamada's contract has been extended, or they will figure out a way to calm the waters. Time will tell. But right now, I'm not sure how they move forward working him on anything DC without it being an issue.

Right--and WB appears to be moving on without him. I think that should include recasting Cyborg rather than writing him out of the movie.

12 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

His performance was fine. He's allegedly the centerpiece for the Director's Cut, and most of his material was cut from Whedon's/WB's movie. Cyborg is developing, like all of the other characters in the movie. That being said, I would also rather recast him than write him out. However, Cyborg sending Flash back in time is a Zack Snyder idea, so if they are really trying to distance him from Worlds of DC, I guess this is just another way of accomplishing that.

Ray Fisher has taken to his social media to announce that he has received official word from Warner Bros. that he has been removed from THE FLASH film as Cyborg but the lengthy essay also takes aim at DC boss Walter Hamada and Fisher is making it clear that he will not go quietly into the night.

The tension between Fisher and the higher-ups that worked on the 2017's Justice League is no secret. It all began when Fisher went public with allegations about Whedon's unprofessional behavior on set which also implicated former co-president of DC, Geoff Johns. There was a subsequent investigation that resulted in Warner Bros. parting ways with Whedon and what appears to be a "phasing out" of Geoff Johns.

While many might believe that Fisher got what he wanted, the actor is adamant that Hamada interfered with the investigation because of his personal relationship with Johns. This is why on December 30, 2020, Fisher stated that he could not "with a clear conscience—participate in any production associated with the current President of DC Films, Walter Hamada." Given the fact that Warner Bros recently re-upped Hamada's deal to stay with the studio, it likely left them in a position to part ways with Fisher and his role in The Flash. Fisher hasn't looked at this as a defeat. In fact, he seems more fired up to keep this fight going. Check out a snippet of his essay below:

"I have received official confirmation that Warner Bros. Pictures has decided to remove me from the cast of The Flash. I strongly disagree with their decision, but it is one that is unsurprising. Despite the misconception, Cyborg’s involvement in The Flash was much larger than a cameo—and while I do mourn the lost opportunity to bring Victor Stone back to the screen, bringing awareness to the actions of Walter Hamada will prove to be a much more important contribution to our world."

"On December 30th 2020, I made it clear that I cannot—with a clear conscience—participate in any production associated with the current President of DC Films, Walter Hamada. The reasoning behind that declaration was twofold: 1) Walter’s purposeful attempt to undermine the Justice League investigation in order to protect his friend, and former co-president, Geoff Johns. 2) Walter’s attempt to protect himself by contributing to the public dissemination of lies and misinformation about myself and the Justice League investigation in Warner Bros. Picture’ September 4th statement to The Wrap."

"Bear in mind, Walter Hamada interfering with the Justice League investigation is a completely separate issue than the investigation itself. And while Walter’s behavior was not a point of focus for the investigation of the Justice League reshoots, his dangerous and enabling actions during the investigation process must be called to account."

The full statement, which you can check out below, goes on to describe his discussions with Hamada beginning from the start of the allegations through the start of the investigation that was launched by Warner Bros. They go into detail about Hamada's alleged undermining of Fisher's claims and what he believes were Hamada's attempts to dissuade the actor from making the allegations a bigger issue. As I said before when discussing this dispute, it's hard to know what really happened since I wasn't there but Fisher's determination and passionate desire to see this through makes me believe some of his claims. I'm sure he's aware he could lose a lot on this and he's a small fish in a big pond, but that isn't stopping him. I think there is some validity to what he's saying and the fact that he appears undeterred, speaks volumes to me. 

US productions shooting in the UK including Warner Bros’ The Flash starring Ezra Miller and Searchlight Pictures’ Untitled Murder Mystery with Saoirse Ronan were understood to be going ahead as it emerged the UK government is poised to introduce tighter international border controls for incoming visitors from high-risk destinations, including a compulsory two-week hotel quarantine. 

This will mirror the quarantine requirements already in place for other international production hubs including Australia and New Zealand. 

Warner Bros’ The Flash is also thought to be on track for a production start at Warner Bros Studios Leavesden on April 26. Some 85% of the crew is understood to be local, and Argentinian director Andy Muschietti and his sister and producer Barbara Muschietti are already in the UK.

The Flash star Miller is due to wrap production soon on Warner Bros’ Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 3 which is already shooting in the UK. Sources said the studio is working to ensure remaining crew and cast arrive in the UK with minimal disruption to the schedule.