• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

A set photo from The Flash confirms filming is actually underway for the 2022 film. Originally intended to begin shooting right after 2017's Justice League, The Flash cycled through directors before finally landing on It helmer Andy Muschietti. Troubles continued to plague the film as DC Films tried to get the project off the ground. Cyborg actor Ray Fisher, who has been outspoken about mistreatment on the set of Justice League by Joss Whedon, was initially set to have a large role in the film, but he has since been taken out of amidst the controversy.

Michael Keaton is said to be reprising his role as Batman from the 1989 film, although in what capacity remains unclear. Details about the film are under wraps, but it is said to be adapting parts of the Flashpoint comic arc, hinting that the DCEU could be gearing up for a significant reset. With a November 2022 release date, The Flash was expected to start filming in March, and now it looks like the film is a little bit ahead of schedule.

Barbara Muschietti, the producer of The Flash and spouse of director Andy Muschietti, posted a picture from the set to Instagram. The image itself doesn't reveal much. In the shot, Andy Muschietti can be seen standing in front of an enormous warehouse. What's inside remains unsaid, but it must be one of the film's massive sets. Muschietti captions the photo, "The fun is in the inside."

flash01.PNG.1b01b27a60fb029740697f2a34ec2466.PNG

While the picture itself isn't much, it does bring a sense of relief to fans who have been waiting years for The Flash to get off the ground finally. It seems more important now than ever before that the movie is forging ahead. The DCEU seems to be in a state of flux - Zack Snyder is gearing up to release his long-awaited cut of Justice League, with The Suicide Squad the only other DC film on the docket until 2022's The Batman. The Matt Reeves directed feature is not within the main DCEU timeline, though, making The Flash the next time we'll check in with these characters.

It's weird. I like Cyborg a lot, because of Teen Titans as a kid, and his importance to the JL in New 52. I'm partial to Martian Manhunter as the 7th JL member, though.

It's great that we're finally getting a titular movie for the 5th big player, though. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman are all checks. Just need this, and that Green Lantern Corps movie!

3 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

It's weird. I like Cyborg a lot, because of Teen Titans as a kid, and his importance to the JL in New 52. I'm partial to Martian Manhunter as the 7th JL member, though.

It's great that we're finally getting a titular movie for the 5th big player, though. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman are all checks. Just need this, and that Green Lantern Corps movie!

I will always wonder what would've happened if DC had patiently taken the MCU route and debuted each member of the Justice League in their own feature film before doing JL, with maybe some overlap to introduce characters like MM in sequels for other characters. I'm confident that would've been the better approach.

2 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I will always wonder what would've happened if DC had patiently taken the MCU route and debuted each member of the Justice League in their own feature film before doing JL, with maybe some overlap to introduce characters like MM in sequels for other characters. I'm confident that would've been the better approach.

Vehemently disagree. I didn't want them to copycat the MCU. I thought that MoS, BvS, and WW was enough pre-JL. What I thought was too much was the use of Doomsday to kill Superman in BvS. It would've been better had they:

Saved Doomsday for JL1, having him defeat them until Superman sacrifices himself, then have the Aquaman and Flash movies. Resurrect Superman in JL2 to fight Steppenwolf, Green Lantern Corps and SHAZAM movies, and then JL3 (with, like, 11 superheroes) vs Darkseid.

2 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Saved Doomsday for JL1, having him defeat them until Superman sacrifices himself, then have the Aquaman and Flash movies. Resurrect Superman in JL2 to fight Steppenwolf, Green Lantern Corps and SHAZAM movies, and then JL3 (with, like, 11 superheroes) vs Darkseid.

I'd watch that!

On 1/12/2021 at 3:27 AM, bpc3qh said:

Right--and WB appears to be moving on without him. I think that should include recasting Cyborg rather than writing him out of the movie.

I don’t know all the details but if he decides not to continue his role as Cyborg, I’m more than good with Doom Patrol’s Cyborg.

EXCLUSIVE: Chosen from over 425 actresses who auditioned, The Young and the Restless Daytime Emmy nominee Sasha Calle has scored the feature role of DC Universe’s new Supergirl. The Boston, MA born-Columbian actress is the first Latina Supergirl ever in DC.

Andy Muschietti watched all the auditions and I hear, along with DC Film Boss Walter Hamada and the producers, were blown away by the actress’ toughness and vulnerability that she brought to the role.

“I saw more than four hundred auditions. The US,Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia . The talent pool was truly amazing and it was very hard to make a decision, but we finally found an actress who was destined to play this role,” said The Flash director Andy Muschietti who has a keen eye for discovering talent, in particular all the young actors from the first It movie.

The actresses weren’t informed what part they were reading for; until very late in the process. Calle also did a chemistry read with Flash star Ezra Miller. All auditions, chem reads and meetings, especially during Covid, were done over Zoom. Calle will fly to The Flash production soon. Calle’s discovery here is akin to what Warners and Zack Snyder did in casting fresh face Gal Gadot, who was known previously from Fast & Furious 6, in the role of Wonder Woman, which catapulted here into being a global star; the Israeli actress making her debut as that DC superhero initially in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice before starring in Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman 1984 and Justice League. 

Calle plays the role of Lola Rosales on The Young and the Restless. She was nominated last year in the Outstanding Young Performer in a Drama series category at the Daytime Emmys. Calle also starred in the YouTube miniseries Socially Awkward.

Wow!! :banana:

4 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Hmm. I have a hard time picturing her as Kara, but I guess we'll see.

I've watched the video twice now and think she has heart and her selection is cute how that went down.

But I'll have to see this play out first.

13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The Fox X-Men Franchise big Quicksilver scenes are so fantastic. Such a shame how they just treated him as scene filler in Dark Phoenix.

I’ll have to look it up, but I read somewhere there were bigger plans for this film. I forget what happened though but I’m going to wildly guess studio interference. 

1 minute ago, Oddball said:

I’ll have to look it up, but I read somewhere there were bigger plans for this film. I forget what happened though but I’m going to wildly guess studio interference. 

Fox acquisition to Disney leading to transition executives mandated not to use the Skrulls and the big space battle as this mirrored what was coming in Captain Marvel. So the two-film big plans went out the window.

26 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Fox acquisition to Disney leading to transition executives mandated not to use the Skrulls and the big space battle as this mirrored what was coming in Captain Marvel. So the two-film big plans went out the window.

That’s right! I remember now. What an absolute waste. Instead we get the Skrulls in that turd of a movie Captain Marvel. And Marvel makes very few turds. Such a shame how the X-Men got the shaft for it. I’ll drown my sorrow in Days of Future Past tomorrow. Rogue Cut. A far superior movie over Captain Monotone.

Edited by Oddball

The actress will reprise her role as Iris West, the romantic interest of Barry Allen.

Kiersey Clemons has closed a deal to star opposite Ezra Miller in Warner Bros.' DC movie The Flash.

The actress will reprise her role as Iris West, the romantic interest of Barry Allen, aka The Flash. Clemons portrayed the intrepid reporter West in Justice League but her role was cut by director Zack Snyder back in 2017 before he turned the film over to Joss Whedon. Snyder added her character back in recently for his upcoming cut, which debuts on HBO Max on March 18.

Michael Keaton — who is no stranger to the DC universe, having starred as the Caped Crusader in Tim Burton's Batman movies — will reprise the character for the film, which will begin shooting in London in April. The Flash, which is DC's latest stand-alone film, joining Wonder Woman and Aquaman, is scheduled to open on Nov. 4, 2022.

It director Andy Muschietti is helming from a screenplay written by Christina Hodson. Barbara Muschietti and Michael Disco are producing, while Marianne Jenkins is serving as executive producer. Plot details are being kept under wraps. In the comics, Allen and West grew up together after Allen's mother was killed, and his father was blamed for the murder. They eventually marry, and they frequently work together to neutralize villains.

After starring in a series of Sundance breakouts including Dope and Hearts Beat Loud, Clemons segued to major studio fare with Disney’s most recent iteration of Lady and the Tramp. Other credits include Amazon’s The Only Living Boy in New York and Universal's Sweetheart.

:banana::whee: