• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

True first appearance of Wolverine?

27 posts in this topic

This seems to come up once a year or so. No its not his first app. Just an add. Wolverines first App is IH 180. But his 2nd App and first full story App has him on the cover so IH 181 is the money book and will most likley be worth alot more for the future.

Would ya'll say that Thor 229 and Daredevil 115 is actually his first appearance?

I just read Thor 229 and Logan didn't appear in that issue. I'll look up DD and see but where are you getting your info?

Would ya'll say that Thor 229 and Daredevil 115 is actually his first appearance?

I just read Thor 229 and Logan didn't appear in that issue. I'll look up DD and see but where are you getting your info?

He's in an ad. We're now in crazy season, where ads now apparently count as "appearances", despite decade of precedence saying that a first appearance has to be in a story context (whether on the cover or elsewhere.)

He's in an ad. We're now in crazy season, where ads now apparently count as "appearances", despite decade of precedence saying that a first appearance has to be in a story context (whether on the cover or elsewhere.)

Ah I see---wow never heard of ads? Ads? ADS? being a factor lol.

But why are we even talking about the books with the ads as they came out a month after Hulk 180 even if 180 is considered a "cameo", it is more of an appearance than an ad! He's even described as wolverine in 180 and has words..saying he is wolverine.....

Hey, I just came across two copies of Premiere 19, same ad situation, and have a bunch of the DD and Thor issues, and it's neat and all, but that's about it

I just wish his 1st appearance was in a timely issue in 1942! Just imagine pre-code gore with those claws fighting street to street, house to house, close quarters combat with the Nazi's and the japanese!