• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has there ever been a first appearance only on a cover?
1 1

100 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, deadleg said:

The whole Afterlife With Archie universe first appears on the variant cover of Life with Archie 23.

I recently bought a lot that had one of these in it. I did not know that this comic was worth anything until I saw your post.
Thanks.    (thumbsu

Life With Archie 23a.jpg

On 5/4/2016 at 6:20 PM, Aweandlorder said:

This book is soooo overlooked.. 1st cameo appearance of invincible (1 panel)... and .. on the variant he's actually ON the cover..

Thats kinda like getting IH 180+181 in a variant edition lol

s_l1600_1.jpg

s_l1600_2.jpg

was this a homage to This one?>

IMG4706.jpg

1 hour ago, DeadOne said:

I recently bought a lot that had one of these in it. I did not know that this comic was worth anything until I saw your post.
Thanks.    (thumbsu

Life With Archie 23a.jpg

Congrats! That's a great looking copy! 

On 4/4/2016 at 7:42 PM, oakman29 said:

How about Dead World #10, the Crow on the back cover?

I wouldn't put ads as first appearances. Think people put too much stock in these. Like Rust #1 with Spawn.

On 4/6/2017 at 5:39 AM, Philflound said:

I wouldn't put ads as first appearances. Think people put too much stock in these. Like Rust #1 with Spawn.

Which is crazy since Previews had Spawn on the cover 1 month before Rust was released.

23 hours ago, Foley said:

I've never read The Rifleman #10, but does "the log" actually appear in the story?

Not sure, but I heard there's a big log in #2 @Foley?

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 3:58 PM, Bosco685 said:

Why yes. Yes there has been a book like that. Mister X's 1st appearance. Although his image also appeared on an album cover before this.

10gBEM8l.jpg

:applause: Rivoche

On 4/4/2016 at 3:17 PM, Meeklo said:

Any character have their first appearance on a cover but not actually in the book itself?

Star Wars #1 shows all the principal Star Wars characters on the cover, but some of them don't show up until subsequent issues.  Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Obi-Wan Kenobi don't appear inside the story until after issue #1.

Edited by rjrjr

On 4/10/2017 at 4:32 AM, rjrjr said:

Star Wars #1 shows all the principal Star Wars characters on the cover, but some of them don't show up until subsequent issues.  Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Obi-Wan Kenobi don't appear inside the story until after issue #1.

Chewbacca isn't on the cover of Star Wars #1.  :kidaround: