• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2018 at 7:22 AM, fantastic_four said:

But if it's 82% now, it'll likely end up in the 70s.  That's a bit worse than the first film.

Surprisingly the reviews have gotten BETTER as more have come in and it's up to 87%.  I think this is the first time I've EVER seen that happen.

I saw it last night (my time) - I really liked, it I enjoyed it more than the first film. I thought the first 30 minutes was a bit slow but once the new characters were introduced it really picked up (a friend said they thought the first 30 minutes was the best part so each to their own)

There are lots of jokes in there about Marvel films, DC films and Marvel comics, some of these will go over most of the audiences head. The second post credit scene is really good, but it has been super hyped up.

It is probably ruder / more swearing and more violent than the first one - (just a warning if you were offended by the first one)

I thought there would be more people in the cinema than there was - maybe I just got a quiet session - movies don't normally open here on a Wednesday 

10 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Surprisingly the reviews have gotten BETTER as more have come in and it's up to 87%.  I think this is the first time I've EVER seen that happen.

FLngGOo.png

You are not kidding. It did go up. Though the 7.2/10.0 average rating remains the same.

23 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Who's ready for this movie?!?!?!  ME!!!:banana:

1st Deadpool, 1st Cable, last New Mutants before X-Force (CGC 9.8 newsstand editions...)

***CGC 9.8 X-Force #11 (1st Domino) newsstand edition is buried somewhere but I'm too lazy to dig for it

20180515_184215.jpg.9e2262d94dccbce8e68465dd0e6e0569.jpg

Newsstands all day, every day :headbang:

27287608307_7a45d4b42a_b.jpg

Box-Office Preview: 'Deadpool 2' Plots $130M-$150M Weekend Picnic

In North America, the 20th Century Fox sequel has a chance of posting a $130 million to $150 million opening weekend.

Overseas, Deadpool 2 is opening in most major markets timed to its U.S. launch — one major exception is China — for a projected foreign debut well north of $100 million. 

Reynolds reprises his role as Deadpool in the follow-up. He produced the sequel and co-wrote the -script with his Deadpool collaborators Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. In February 2016, Deadpool debuted to a massive $132.4 million, the best launch ever for an R-rated film. (The sequel is likewise rated R). The sequel will easily shoot to the top of the summer box-office chart, which Disney and Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War has ruled so far.

On Wednesday, online ticket service Atom Tickets reported that the pic has surpassed Avengers: Infinity War to become the company's top pre-seller. Currently, Deadpool 2 boasts an 87 percent fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes, ahead of Deadpool's 83 percent score.

Wow!

If we have any Blu-Ray/movie collectors here, Fox has released these amusing Deadpool "Photobomb" edition slipcovers this week. The movies are the same, they just feature a new limited Deadpool slipcover. Walmart exclusive, and they seem fairly limited, with each store only 3 copies or of each movie, or thereabouts. I believe there are 16 in all, I only picked up the ones that I found most amusing. Most of these are about $6, a couple are $8, and I believe Logan was $12. 

PS: They also include moviecash for Deadpool 2, $5 on most of them, $8 worth on the more expensive titles.

Photo May 16, 10 25 18 PM.jpg

Edited by F For Fake

Consistently funny film with Reynold’s excellent, watered-down Jim Carrey impression. Better story than the first’s, which was quite basic.  Ridiculous use of X-Force, and a nice surprise to see one of my favourite X-Men antagonists done well at last.

I have an iconoclastic, irreverent attitude, and a film perfectly suited to me, especially when it’s as well done as this.