• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

Saw t last night...WOW! Better than the first one, which honestly surprised me. So many spot on jokes. All the characters were portrayed perfectly. Just as Ryan was born for Pool, Brolin was born for Cable. Great actress for Domino too. My friends who aren’t comic readers asked me if she was a real comic character, they loved her. 

What really sealed the deal for me was Deadpool going on a killing spree to 9-5 by Dolly Pardon. I can die happy now. Still waiting on a cameo from Bea Arthur though :whistle:

I don’t see any reason to not give this movie a 10/10. But this is coming from a big Pool fan. 

Meh, just got back from seeing it.  Not my cup of tea. Same old same old good versus evil and a couple of new characters introduced.  I still enjoy the comics but the films, with exceptions, have gotten old.  It's not just Deadpool or Marvel films.  My appetite for Star Wars, remakes, and other sequels has dwindled as well. Hardcore fans and teens will probably enjoy it, and I expect it will do very well over the weekend.

Was enjoyable, but not like the first.  I wasn't laughing through the whole movie like the first one, in fact I don't recall laughing until the parachute jump scene.   There's a mid credit scene, but "Oh, holy S*** Balls..." there's no post scene you need to wait around for.

2 hours ago, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

There's a mid credit scene, but "Oh, holy S*** Balls..." there's no post scene you need to wait around for.

Yup.  At least at the cinema I went to, they gave us a subtle hint about this after the mid-credit scene by immediately turning the lights back on in the auditorium. Go on, fanboy, leave, nothing else to see.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Now THAT was a lot of raunchy fun!

Not a deep story. But enough of one to pull together all these character appearances to make it worth the ride. And some real surprises more than once with at least two main X-Franchise characters, and one BIG A-List actor that has a brief appearance.

I'm really glad scenes they used in trailers had changes to them or at least the dialogue was swapped out. That added to the surprises.

It was a funny-action movie. I laughed out loud a couple of times. I have to say, Deadpool goes where no other “superhero” movie has gone before. I give the producers credit for pushing the bar, and mocking just about everything you could think of to mock. 

Best end credit scenes of any movie I’ve seen! 

Enjoyed it. 8/10

Am I the only one that guessed

the big guy was Juggernaut, after seeing Black Tom Cassidy in prison?

Also, was the Vanisher character Brad Pitt? the big A list actor people are talking about?

Edited by bronze_rules

47 minutes ago, bronze_rules said:

Enjoyed it. 8/10

No and yes, respectively.

Spoiler

But, did they have a few leprechauns hiding somewhere in the prison sequence? I might've missed that.

Edited by Ken Aldred

4 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

Best end credit scenes of any movie I’ve seen! 

I concur.  All the wrongs righted in so short a time.  Extremely satisfying.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, bronze_rules said:

Enjoyed it. 8/10

Hide contents

the big guy was Juggernaut, after seeing Black Tom Cassidy in prison?

Also, was the Vanisher character Brad Pitt? the big A list actor people are talking about?

Spoiler

It was Brad Pitt.

So I wonder if the original rumor he had looked into playing Cable was a ruse. Too funny!

40 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I concur.  All the wrongs righted in so short a time.  Extremely satisfying.

That was so nuts, it would be hard not to laugh.

When they show Wade Wilson complaining again at the Xavier Mansion the lack of X-Men...

Spoiler

is that Nicholas Hoult as Beast and Evan Peters as Quicksilver, along with more X-Men I didn't catch if this article is right?

'Deadpool 2' Has the Best X-Men Cameo in Marvel Movie History

If only Wade Wilson would shut up and turn around. As Wade rants, that’s when the film shows most of the X-Men packed in Xavier’s office, hiding from the Merc. Beast (Nicholas Hoult), Quicksilver (Evan Peters), Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Cyclops (Tye Sheridan), Nightcrawler (Kodi Smit-McPhee), and yes, Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) all make an appearance. No, Jean Grey and Mystique aren’t around, but this is still the biggest crossover between the Marvel/Fox properties.

What makes the cameo extra special is that it uses a classic cinematography technique, “deep focus,” to sell the gag. Though there are a half dozen X-Men packed into a small room, director David Leitch and cinematographer Jonathan Sela use deep focus to make sure the X-Men appear sharp and distinguishable, even though they’re in the background.