• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2018 at 4:00 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

So is this good news?  Deadpool had a target of $130M - $150M so unless something drastic happens it will miss.  Obviously the weekend pulled in huges $$$ but estimates have been on a downward trend.

With all the huge $$$ being pulled in from movies lately it's hard to determine what's considered a success(shrug).

Doing $15-20 Million over your budget in DOMESTIC gross in the first three days will always be considered a success.

Edited by Chuck Gower

Did NOT think it was as good as the first one, but still a pretty funny movie and a good time.

What I liked: Cable was cool as hell and Domino was hot (:luhv: ). The jokes were funny, the cameos good. Could've used a little more Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Yukio, but... it was a full plate of heroes.

Spoiler

What I didn't like: First 20 minutes I thought were a bit uneven, and I'm not a big fan of the whole killing the girlfriend routine in hero movies. It's so tiresome. And then every time they used her in the imaginary heaven world or whatever it was, it just slowed the movie down. And about 10% less Ryan Reynolds dialogue would've been perfect.

Other than that, another winner!

1 minute ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Apparently Matt Damon had a cameo in the movie, but you wouldn't have noticed as he was dressed up 

Spoiler

I spotted him right away. Face, voice, mustache.

Just got back and it definetely was a roller coast ride.  Artist who can’t draw feet - hah!

It could have used a bit slower of a pace but overall I thought it was funny and shocking all at once.  Hard to do.  Definetely a 8.5 out of 10.

13 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Apparently Matt Damon had a cameo in the movie, but you wouldn't have noticed as he was dressed up 

There were more than a few special appearances.

On 5/21/2018 at 12:38 PM, Bosco685 said:

Turns out the B*** P*** appearance wasn't the only A-list actor they slipped into the movie. I just never realized that was the person giving the speech about the use of quality toilet paper.

The A-list cameo everyone is missing in 'Deadpool 2' (SPOILERS)

Reveal hidden contents

The Ocean’s Eleven presence is strong in Deadpool 2.

Brad Pitt’s blink-and-miss cameo as X-Force recruit the Vanisher has already been out in the ether in the weeks leading up to the film’s release, but Team Deadpool managed to do the unthinkable in an era of spoiler posters and Easter egg listicles: They slid another A-list Ocean’s actor into the movie, and no one who’s seen it has seemed to notice.

Along with Alan Tudyk (whose cameo was outed by the simple fact that he’s listed on IMDb), Matt Damon appears in the film as one of the rednecks engaging in a “toilet paper manifesto” when Josh Brolin’s time-traveling Cable turns up to steal their truck.

“He’s not hidden like Waldo for just an instant; he gets some good screen time,” said Rhett Reese, who stopped by Yahoo Studios with his co-writer, Paul Wernick.

Damon is actually listed in the credits as Dickie Greenleaf (his character’s name in The Talented Mr. Ripley) — which was spotted by film journalist Russ Fischer earlier this week, the only public acknowledgment of Damon’s possible involvement.

Too funny!

How that surprise scene in Xavier Mansion was pulled together.

There Are Alternate Takes Of That Awesome Deadpool 2 Cameo That Are Fun And Dirty

Spoiler

David Leitch's Deadpool 2 has a number of fantastic cameos, but certainly ranking towards the top is the appearance of the X-Men. While the titular Merc With The Mouth complains about never seeing any mutants at the X-Mansion, it's shown that Professor X (James McAvoy), Quicksilver (Evan Peters), Storm (Alexandra Shipp), Nightcrawler (Kodi Smit McPhee) and Beast (Nicholas Hoult) are all actively hiding from him. It's a great moment, and one that I actually learned more about earlier today from Peters -- including the fact that there are alternate takes that were not included in the blockbuster:

"We were shooting [X-Men: Dark Phoenix], and were like, 'Okay, we're going to do a quick thing for Deadpool 2.' And I was like, 'Oh, that's awesome!' I thought it was going to be at the end of the film, in the credits, like some sort of funny Easter egg thing. And we had a lot of different versions for when they open that door and turn to us. But the one they used was pretty chill, and was in the first half of the film, which I was like, 'Oh, Jesus, that's kind of weird.' "

Can you tell me what those other versions were?

"Ummm hmmm... not really sure I can say. There was some fun, dirty stuff."

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Scheduling is going to severely hurt the gross on this film.  Even with Solo underperforming, I would not be surprised if it costs DP2 15 to 20 million in total box office.

3 hours ago, drotto said:

Scheduling is going to severely hurt the gross on this film.  Even with Solo underperforming, I would not be surprised if it costs DP2 15 to 20 million in total box office.

I have to agree. This year is such a packed schedule of big hits, they are stepping on one another.