• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

deadpoolcable-146948.png

Ryan Reynolds Reportedly Closes Deal For Deadpool 2

Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds may have closed the deal to star in the film’s sequel.

Previous reports suggest that Reynolds made $2 million up front for Deadpool and was already signed on for a sequel, but that his agents at WME were planning to renegotiate for a larger payday in future installments. That’s pretty understandable considering that Deadpool has gone on to become the highest grossing film in the X-Men movies franchise, and one of the highest grossing R-rated movies of all time.

Now Heroic Hollywood is reporting that the deal is done. There were no details, but the deal would lock Reynolds in for the Deadpool sequel, which should begin filming this fall.

:whee:

So what is Colossus going to make in his renegotiations? Looks like he's in for a windfall after they CGI some skin and a star in his eye and call him Cable.

I can see them getting a larger budget, and with that more refined CGI where needed.

Although I didn't have any problem with what was shown in the movie. Even the Hugh Jackman effects worked.

lol

nKTlY6i.jpg

Awesome! :applause: I may have missed it, but did it confirm somewhere that it will be in 2017?

IMDb has an update that now reflects 2017 when I looked. Before then it didn't even have a year.

I'm glad to see Ryan Reynolds finally reaching A-list status.

The dude's been putting in solid work for more than a decade now and has been unfairly maligned as Van Wilder forever.

He's paid his dues with great work in films ranging from Smokin' Aces to The Woman in Gold to Definitely, Maybe to Buried, to say nothing of Safe House with Denzel.

And he supposedly won the role in Safe House against every of-age hot actor around at the time (incl. Tom Hardy, Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth, Jake Gyllenhaal, James McAvoy, etc.)

Also, not for nothing, but he was by far the best part of Blade Trinity.

I'm glad to see Ryan Reynolds finally reaching A-list status.

The dude's been putting in solid work for more than a decade now and has been unfairly maligned as Van Wilder forever.

He's paid his dues with great work in films ranging from Smokin' Aces to The Woman in Gold to Definitely, Maybe to Buried, to say nothing of Safe House with Denzel.

And he supposedly won the role in Safe House against every of-age hot actor around at the time (incl. Tom Hardy, Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth, Jake Gyllenhaal, James McAvoy, etc.)

Also, not for nothing, but he was by far the best part of Blade Trinity.

always been a big fan. van wilder! two guys a girl and a pizza place!

Even the failure of Green Lantern wasn't his fault. I still see him as visually and in temperament, the perfect Hal Jordan.

If only the -script had matched the CGI and acting skills of folks like Mark Strong.

Green Lantern fans would have purchased the heck out of this movie.

I can see them getting a larger budget, and with that more refined CGI where needed.

Although I didn't have any problem with what was shown in the movie. Even the Hugh Jackman effects worked.

lol

nKTlY6i.jpg

:roflmao:

I didn't realize how well connected Tim Miller and Simon Kinberg are across Disney and Marvel Studios. That would be wild if Deadpool leads to a partnership.

X-Men Producer Thinks It Would Be Fun to do Crossover With Avengers

"I would love to, someday, in part heal the rift between the world of X-Men and the world of Avengers," Miller said of the possibility. His film, Deadpool, is the highest grossing X-Men movie of all time, and the character gets more apparent support from Marvel Entertainment than most X-Men do.

"I think we all would, yeah," Kinberg added. "There's so much crossover in the comics, it would be neat to one day see those characters share a movie. It would be fun to all team-up one day, somehow, together if that could work."

Miller also praised Sony and Marvel for working together on Spider-Man, and noted that both he and Kinberg already have relationships with Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, and Disney.

:wishluck:

DEADPOOL 2 Writers Talk 'Cable' & Sequel Budget

"There’s a lot of fun in that he’s very serious and he does take on more serious weighty issues than Deadpool’s used to taking on, so I think there’s a juxtaposition there that can be fun," he explained. "We had a lot of fun with Colossus in the first movie, just by virtue of him being a foil to Deadpool, being a goody two-shoes and a straight shooter and Deadpool being irreverent. And I think Cable offers us the opportunity to provide another really cool, different foil for Deadpool."

"We don’t want to make a $200 million epic superhero Deadpool movie. We want to make the $50 million Deadpool sequel. And I think people tapped into this being a character piece, you know? This was a movie about a broken character, a broken guy who’s just trying to make his way in the world, and I think we’re gonna continue that moving forward." According to Wernick, making a flashy follow-up is not the right avenue, as “it goes against who the character is.” Wernick also added that Deadpool isn’t a superhero interested in saving the world because “he wants to save himself.”

The Deadpool creative team definitely wants to encourage a studio crossover utilizing their contacts.

DEADPOOL Director Trying To Build Bridges For Spider-Man Crossover

What’s really exciting is that there’s actually some groundwork being laid to make it happen! Director Tim Miller said during the Deadpool Blu-ray release press day that he and producer Simon Kinberg “have been trying to build bridges.”

“With all of the deals that have recently started happening, we asked if they could get visitation rights to Sony‘s friendly neighborhood Spider-Man,” Kinberg added, laughing, “I would love to see it. Both of us are close with [Marvel’s] Kevin [Feige], we respect and love Kevin. If it were even remotely possible, we will find a way ’cause we’d would love to see it.”

The “deals” that Kinberg is referencing certainly include the one struck by Marvel and Sony to add Spider-Man to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and may also include the deal between Fox and Marvel to bring X-Men spinoffs Legion and Hellfire to television.

:wishluck:

I guess they had to go through the ceremony of making it official.

DEADPOOL 2 Officially Announced

After writers, directors, and even stars had been talking about Deadpool 2, it may have seemed like it was already a foregone conclusion. But today at CinemaCon, 20th Century Fox made it official: Deadpool 2 is coming.

The movie will see the return of director Tim Miller, writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, and of course, star Ryan Reynolds. As has been talked about since, literally, the end credits of Deadpool, Cable will join him for the sequel.

20th Century Fox previously announced that they reserved the dates of October 6, 2017 and January 12, 2018 for untitled Marvel films. Deadpool 2 will likely take one of those slots.

So no confirmation of the date yet.

If even Quesada is a fan of Tim Miller and Blur Studios, I wonder if this is what was needed for a partnership between Fox and Marvel again.

Watch the Iron Man Demo Reels That Deadpool's Tim Miller Made for Marvel

The story of Deadpool’s surprising success can be directly traced back to the CG demo reel Tim Miller and Blur Studios produced to sell Fox on Deadpool. But it turns out Miller and Blur also did something similar for Marvel Studios—and it helped the first Iron Man movie get made in the first place.

Marvel tasked Miller and Blur Studios to develop a series of Iron Man shorts targeted to kids, designed to help explain who the character was and raise awareness. According to Marvel’s Chief Creative Office Joe Quesada, the shorts had three objectives:

1- Clearly demonstrate that there was a man inside the armor.

2- Show off his wide range of cool powers.

3- Position him clearly as a hero on the same level as Spidey and Hulk by having those characters show how cool they perceive him to be and valued him as a peer.

I had never even heard of Tim Miller or Blur before Deadpool. But it looks like he has influenced quite a few comic book productions.

(worship)