• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

:o

Turns out it is true. Brad Pitt is interested in the role. Though he currently has a scheduling conflict.

Exclusive: Brad Pitt Considered Playing Cable in ‘Deadpool 2

fury-brad-pitt-600x400.jpg

Sources tell us that in casting Cable, Brad Pitt was eyed to take on the role and there was interest on both sides. As of right now he’s moved on, but since this role is very much in flux there’s the possibility that things could change. The actor may soon have his hands full producing and starring in

World War Z 2 if that gets a greenlight from Paramount, but this would have been a massive casting coup for the superhero follow-up.

Just this week a report surfaced that Michael Shannon is now the top choice to play Cable, and Stranger Things star David Harbour is also reportedly in the mix. Basically things are very much in flux at this juncture. This is a major role, and one that no doubt includes a commitment to future sequels, an X-Force movie, and even a potential Cable spinoff, so an A-lister like Brad Pitt signing on would have been a huge commitment. But this does tell us that Pitt, someone who’s eschewed superhero fare thus far, is at least mildly interested in dipping his toe into the genre’s waters.

On 3/23/2017 at 5:17 PM, Bosco685 said:

:o

Turns out it is true. Brad Pitt is interested in the role. Though he currently has a scheduling conflict.

Exclusive: Brad Pitt Considered Playing Cable in ‘Deadpool 2

fury-brad-pitt-600x400.jpg

It would have been great. This guy was brilliant in Fight Club and Kalifornia.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

9lUqUU6.jpg

This is why Deadpool is so cool. Kind of a game-changer in being different. This is much more interesting than aliens destroying NY,San Francisco,LA and Washington DC for the hundredth time with bad CGI special effects.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

DEADPOOL 2 Creative Team Finalizes Cable Casting Decision (EXCLUSIVE)

ViAeD9v.jpg

If there is one role that is being hotly tracked by comic book fans everywhere, it is Cable in the upcoming Deadpool 2 film. And the competition fighting over filling these large boots confirms how hotly desired this role is across Hollywood with actors such as Brad Pitt, Michael Shannon, Russell Crowe and Stranger Thing's David Harbour competing to take on the mantle of a time-traveling anti-hero.

Today, news broke that David Leitch (director of the soon to begin filming production) and Rhett Reese (co-screenwriter) had met with Sylvester Stallone after it had been announced one of the most recognized actors across action movie productions had walked away from the next Expendables movie due to creative differences. Well, worry no more. Taking advantage of this opening in Stallone's schedule, the Deadpool 2 creative team have found their Cable.

"I've been a fan of Sylvester Stallone since I saw him in the movie 'Rhinestone' opposite Dolly Parton," noted Leitch. "It demonstrated the range this talented actor brings to his roles. It took him from a fly-by-night after the success of Rocky to a superstar. We are very excited to see his take on such an established character like Cable."

Catching up with Ryan Reynolds, he noted, "When we did a small test scene to see how our characters would work together, I couldn't help but be intimidated by the growls coming from this chiseled face. As I looked down on him, I even thought to myself 'Cable or bust' as there was nobody else I would want to star alongside for Deadpool 2."

Quite the long article on their plans for this character now that Stallone has stepped up. hm

Stallone as Cable would be good but I'm still waiting on Gary Busey to be cast in the Marvel Film Universe.

Should happen in the next 5 years.

Also I have said this before but imagine in the new spider-man if Tony Stark's armor failed and he took a 400 foot fall resulting in full health carnage.
He would need full body reconstruction. That could easily allow Robert Downey Jr. to leave the Iron Man character while allowing Gary Busey to enter.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Josh Brolin has signed a 4-picture deal to play Cable in Deadpool 2.  The well documented search included the likes of Michael Shannon, Brad Pitt, David Harbour and even Russell Crowe as Fox looked high and low for the right actor to star alongside Ryan Reynolds' Wade Wilson.  What this development means for Brolin's role as Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe moving forward post Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4 is anyone's guess.

Previously,  Zazie Beetz, the breakout star from FX's Atlanta was cast as Domino. John Wick director David Leitch assumes the reins from Tim Miller after he and the studio couldn't agree on where to take the franchise (it's rumored that the casting for Cable was one of the points of contention).  THR's report adds that filming is expected to start this June in Vancouver.

Presumably, Brolin's 4-picture deal will include a leading role in the rumored X-Force spinoff.

That locked him in!

:applause: