• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

Ed Skrein Wants Taskmaster In Deadpool 2

Director Tim Miller still wanted to use Taskmaster, a character he loves and calls a "total f**kin’ badass," so he contacted Marvel about reacquiring the character's rights, but gave up once he learned how costly it would be. Thus, Taskmaster was removed from the -script.

However, now that Deadpool has grossed well over $700 million at the global box office and ignited a new comic book movie franchise at Fox, it seems reasonable to believe the studio could, and should, pony up the dough to bring in Taskmaster for a Deadpool sequel.

Ed Skrein, who played the villainous Ajax (a.k.a. Francis) and is a big comic book aficionado, recently explained why he would like to see Taskmaster in a Deadpool sequel.

“The Taskmaster is just you know, so fun” Skrein told IGN. “To see Taskmaster and Wade Wilson/Deadpool together is so funny – watching them play in the Daniel Way collection they have these incredible riffs. He's a mercenary like Wade Wilson but he's a mercenary without morals. The only redeeming factor of Deadpool is his morals, right? Taskmaster does not have those morals so he back-stabs and stuff like that.

“He's a hilarious character, and he looks so cool, you know? The skull head, the hood, and his superpower is he can copy anyone's fighting style; can you imagine that visually? If he fought Deadpool and started whipping things around and doing all the flips, and then he fought Wolverine? It would be phenomenal - he's an incredible character.”

:wishluck:

Deadpool 2 To Start Filming At The Beginning Of Next Year

Twentieth Century Fox plans to begin filming Deadpool 2 in early 2017, according to Producer Simon Kinberg. “The guys, [Pual] Wernick and [Rhett] Reese, are working on the -script, and we hope to have a -script very soon,” Kinberg told Collider. “We hope to shoot the movie sometime at the beginning of next year.”

Kinberg also addressed the present and future of the X-Men film franchise. Despite what was considered a disappointing box office by media outlets, Kinberg says Fox is pleased with the performance of X-Men: Apocalypse, which is the third highest grossing film in the franchise, behind Deadpool and X-Men: Days of Future Past. “The truth is Days of Future Past is sort of an outlier for an X-Men movie,” Kinberg explained. “We’d never made more than $500 million before, and Days was kind of like our Avengers, where we brought this sort of mega-cast together. We hoped this movie would do the same as Days of Future Past, but we had a feeling that maybe it would, maybe it wouldn’t. It’s a different kind of film than Days of Future Past.”

Deadpool 2 To Start Filming At The Beginning Of Next Year

Twentieth Century Fox plans to begin filming Deadpool 2 in early 2017, according to Producer Simon Kinberg. The guys, [Pual] Wernick and [Rhett] Reese, are working on the -script, and we hope to have a -script very soon, Kinberg told Collider. We hope to shoot the movie sometime at the beginning of next year.

Kinberg also addressed the present and future of the X-Men film franchise. Despite what was considered a disappointing box office by media outlets, Kinberg says Fox is pleased with the performance of X-Men: Apocalypse, which is the third highest grossing film in the franchise, behind Deadpool and X-Men: Days of Future Past. The truth is Days of Future Past is sort of an outlier for an X-Men movie, Kinberg explained. Wed never made more than $500 million before, and Days was kind of like our Avengers, where we brought this sort of mega-cast together. We hoped this movie would do the same as Days of Future Past, but we had a feeling that maybe it would, maybe it wouldnt. Its a different kind of film than Days of Future Past.

I don't like it when the headline is 'definitive', like something is being reported, and then in reality its all very vague. Its disingenuous clickbait disguised as journalism. Shooting hasn't been scheduled, the -script isn't even done. It's 'hope' and 'sometime'. With that said, I'm excited about Deadpool 2.

I don't like it when the headline is 'definitive', like something is being reported, and then in reality its all very vague. Its disingenuous clickbait disguised as journalism. Shooting hasn't been scheduled, the -script isn't even done. It's 'hope' and 'sometime'. With that said, I'm excited about Deadpool 2.

Quit complaining and send me my Captain America fan already.

:sumo:

:baiting:

Why Stephen Lang may not be Cable in Deadpool 2, according to Stephen Lang

Earlier this year we reported on Lang’s campaigning for the role once it was revealed in the DEADPOOL credits that Cable was going to be the next movie’s baddie. But recently Cinema Blend got on the phone with Lang, who is accepting a simple truth behind why he probably won’t get the part:

"I think it's highly unlikely that they would ever give me the part, for a number of reasons, one of which being that it's the same studio as Avatar. It's a conceivable it would be a scheduling conflict, but you know, what I've said is that if they did give me the part, they'd be very satisfied - because I'll play the hell out of the part. But if they don't give me the part, then I can be magnanimous in defeat, compliment the actor who does get the part, and console myself with four sequels to Avatar."

But no matter what, Lang is still working little-by-little to stay in the game:

"The extent of my campaigning for the role was the initial Tweet, and then after that, what I do is, when people do fan art, where they make me Cable, I retweet it, because I think it's cool. Because why not? Because quite frankly, it's a win-win situation."

And because he can't act.

Lang was the only redeeming aspect of the "Why don't you just show us the freaking dinosaurs we all tuned in to watch? Nobody cares about this stupid family & their stupid choices" show known as Terra Nova, a few years back.

And because he can't act.

Lang was the only redeeming aspect of the "Why don't you just show us the freaking dinosaurs we all tuned in to watch? Nobody cares about this stupid family & their stupid choices" show known as Terra Nova, a few years back.

I like Stephen Lang. He was great as General Jackson in 'Gods and Generals'. He even came out to Antietam afterwards to give a speech about the movie and how honored he was to perform as part of a story of America's divided times. It was really impressive.

I just wish his role in 'Conan' could have been something different. That really could have been a better movie.

Two good scenes in that movie which both involved J.E.B. Stuart.

Jackson talking him up.

Lee knocking him down - but in the same conversation picking him back up.

“He's a hilarious character, and he looks so cool, you know? The skull head, the hood, and his superpower is he can copy anyone's fighting style; can you imagine that visually? If he fought Deadpool and started whipping things around and doing all the flips, and then he fought Wolverine? It would be phenomenal - he's an incredible character.”

:wishluck:

yes! Curious to see which route they go, I'm assuming they'll go CG with the whole head- VS- mask/makeup? Either way, I'm excited. :applause:

Stan Lee Explains Why People Love Deadpool

The official Deadpool Twitter uploaded a short video which shows the legendary writer discussing Deadpool’s surging popularity. “The thing about Deadpool I think that makes him so widely loved by fans everywhere is he’s like a real person,” he says. “He’s not like some fictional hero. He talks the way regular people talk, he thinks the same way. He’s as disrespectful as most people are. You never know what he’ll say or do next.”

Stan Lee went on, saying that, “He’s like the guy you wish lived next door to you and would be your best friend because it would always be a lot of fun being with him. And there’d always be a lot of unexpected surprises.” And, again, he’s not totally wrong about that - there would definitely be lots of surprises.

lol

I'm not sure I would want Deadpool living next door.

Producer Simon Kinberg Says Deadpool 2 Will Make Fun of Superhero Sequels

"I think Deadpool 2 will comment on anything that's happening in movies today, especially in superhero movies," producer Simon Kinberg said at the TCAs this year. The producer said it will specifically address "the sort of glut or saturation of these movies and the proliferation of sequels." Yes, in a superhero sequel they'll be addressing the overabundance of superhero sequels, like only Deadpool can.

Kinberg also said that Cable hasn't been cast yet, and that the Gambit delays are partially due to trying to "find a very special and unique tone." He does say they're "really close right now" to a -script on Gambit.