• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEADPOOL 2 (2017)

764 posts in this topic

Some names being circulated around.

RUMOR: Kyle Chandler & Mackenzie Davis Are Being Eyed For Cable & Domino In DEADPOOL 2

jSsinL3.png

During today's installment of Meet The Movie Press, Mashable's ever-reliable Jeff Sneider shared the name that's he's been hearing for Cable and it's apparently one that's been circulating for months: "People were talking about Cable from Deadpool 2. There's been a name floating around for Cable for months, hasn't changed, don't know if it's changed. Didn't make any calls about this. This was just the name that has been out there for months. So take this with a gigantic grain of salt. The biggest grain of salt your tiny little brain can imagine. The name that is floating around for Cable right now is Kyle Chandler." Bet you didn't see that coming. Chandler is best known for his Emmy-winning portrayal of Coach Eric Taylor on the excellent high school football drama Friday Night Nights and as John Rayburn on the hit Netflix series Bloodline. His prominent film roles include The Wolf Of Wall Street, Zero Dark Thirty, and Argo.

Sneider didn't stop there and also revealed who the studio may be considering for fellow X-Force member, Neena Thurman a.k.a. Domino: "The name for Domino, who is said to be the scene-stealer of the movie, is Mackenzie Davis." Another out of the box name, but it's paid off before, so if true, it's likely it could pay off again. Davis is an up-and-comer, best known for her roles in The Martian, That Awkward Moment, and What If. She currently stars on the AMC period drama Halt and Catch Fire and can be seen next in Denis Villeneuve's yet-to-be titled Blade Runner sequel.

According to an earlier report, there has been a strong undercurrent for Mackenzie Davis to play the role in the upcoming sequel, a role that is said to be the film's scene-stealer. It might be hard to envision, but that's where BossLogic comes in. The talented artist has recreated Davis as the fan-favorite mercenary, and you can really see the likeness here.

Mashable's Jeff Sneider reports that Kyle Chandler's name is being floated around for the role. To help us visualize what Chandler might look like as Cable, the digital artist Boss Logic has used his immense skills to whip up this cool new image.

OVGrDny.jpg

I approve of both Kyle Chandler and Mackenzie Davis in these roles.

Davis was a revelation in Halt & Catch Fire, and while I think Jon Hamm has more the look of Cable, Chandler's a better actor. He'll bring a tortured humanity to the role.

I approve of both Kyle Chandler and Mackenzie Davis in these roles.

Davis was a revelation in Halt & Catch Fire, and while I think Jon Hamm has more the look of Cable, Chandler's a better actor. He'll bring a tortured humanity to the role.

He's great in Bloodline. If he's Cable, then the character is in good hands, IMO.

Mackenzie Davis Comments On Rumors That She's Being Eyed For Domino In DEADPOOL 2

Asked in a recent interview with GQ about the possibility of playing Domino, the Halt and Catch Fire star was quick to laugh off the reports that she'll star alongside Ryan Reynolds in the follow-up. "No! [laughs] It’s very interesting. People keep sending me printouts being like, “This is so cool!” And I’m like, “Right? I also think it’s cool! But it’s not true! I mean. I’d love to keep the ruse going. It’s sort of cool that people think I’m doing Deadpool. But no! I don’t have any news to share. I wish I did!"

This Deadpool Bust Would Make Caesar Proud

Gentle Giant is releasing a new bust of the Merc with a Mouth.

"Gentle Giant LTD’s Classic Mini Bust collection takes the design aesthetics from the ageless masters of decades gone by," reads the official description of the product. "The classical antiquity that is conveyed in this amazing series of Greek and Roman inspired works of art is second to none. Classic and classy, who’s got enough class to be a Romanesque bust? Why, Deadpool of course…"

lol

4rWio6X.png

Ryan Reynolds Paid Out Of His Own Pocket For Deadpool Writers To Be On Set

deadpool-boxoffice-186505.png

To make sure Deadpool was the hit that it was, its star, Ryan Reynolds, went above and beyond. Several times, he dipped into his own pocket to make sure the financial constraints 20th Century Fox placed upon production didn't interfere with his and director Tim Miller's vision. As an example: Reynolds shelled out $10k just so that Wade Wilson can wear a t-shirt with an image of Golden Girls star Bea Arthur, an actress Deadpool obsessively fawns over in the comic books, in the hilarious pizza delivery sequence.

On Sunday, during the latest episode of AMC's Geeking Out, another example of Reynolds ensuring the quality of the film with his own money was provided by its screenwriters. "We were on set every day," said Paul Wernick And Rhett Rheese, who are penning Deadpool 2. "Interestingly, Ryan wanted us there, we were on the project for six years. It was really a core creative team of us, Ryan, and the director Tim Miller. Fox interestingly wouldn't pay for us to be on set. Ryan Reynolds paid out of his own money, out of his own pocket."

Stephen Lang Is Still Interested In Cable Role In Deadpool 2

deadpoolcablelang-169806.png

"Oh sure, I was a fan of the first Deadpool and I'd be delighted to be a part of that sequel, but I haven’t spoken to anyone about it. It kept cropping up on the internet that I should play Cable. The extent of what I did was, one day I was in the gym and I tweeted, "let's lay some Cable," and that became construed as my campaign for the part. Even now, if someone does fan art, I'll retweet it because I like keeping it alive. It's the same studio as Avatar, but I don’t know if that makes it easier or more difficult logistically. Either way, no one has approached me, and I can’t even say if I’m in the actual conversation. But they must be aware of it, because whoever makes those decisions must be aware of everything. Plus, I think I'd do a pretty bang-up job with the part. Having said that, understand that my obligation is to the largest, most successful film ever made, so Avatar takes precedence"

Wolverine 3 And Deadpool 2: Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine Is Common Connection?

As far as Wolverine 3 is concerned, it will be set 50 years in the future and might just touch up on the Old Man Logan storyline, which puts Wolverine at his physical best. Pictures from the set of the movies showed Hugh in character along with Patrick Stewart’s Professor Xavier in an unfriendly environment.

It is from there that the movie might take off and set the events for other X-Men movies. Deadpool 2 on the other hand has a character called Cable who travels from the future to Deadpool’s present time for a mission. If Cable will be coming from a near future, chances are he is already aware of Wolverine’s presence in his time.

If Cable is aware of Wolverine’s presence, he will also be aware of what happened with the character and what circumstances is the character living in. Because of some necessity if Cable and Deadpool end up going back in future to the former’s time, chances are they will encounter Wolverine’s Old Man Logan version.

If Cable and Deadpool end up encountering the Old Man Logan version, chances are events of both Wolverine 3 and Deadpool 2 might end up getting overlapped much like how events of Ant-Man and Captain America: Civil War overlapped.

:wishluck:

Deadpool 2: Rumored Domino Actress Shortlist Revealed

Sienna Miller (G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra)

2009-gi-joe-014-206191.jpg

Lizzy Caplan (Masters of Sex)

emmymasters-tmagarticle-206193.jpg

Mary Elizabeth Winstead (10 Cloverfield Lane)

emary-elizabeth-winstead-10-cloverfield-lane-hd-206192.jpg

Sofia Boutella (Kingsman: The Secret Service)

sofia-boutella-kingsman-the-secret-service-206194.jpg

Stephanie Sigman (SPECTRE)

cmj3jwtukaasyx1-206209.jpg

Sylvia Hoeks (Overspel)

460650578-1280x720-206195.jpg

That's a heck of a list!

Wow! Even more actresses have auditioned for the role.

Ruby Rose And Three More Actresses Are Also Testing For The Role Of Domino In DEADPOOL 2

146157.jpg

Earlier today, six actresses that are vying for the role of Cable's right-hand woman, Domino, in Tim Miller's Deadpool sequel were revealed, and now Collider has added four more names to the shortlist.

In addition to Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Lizzy Caplan, Sienna Miller, Sofia Boutella, Stephanie Sigman, and Sylvia Hoeks, it seems Ruby Rose (Orange is the New Black, John Wick 2), Mackenzie Davis (Halt and Catch Fire), Eve Hewson (The Knick), and Kelly Rohrbach (Baywatch) are also in contention.

Now, when does Cable start casting?

:ohnoez: