• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 2-5, 2017, Seattle, Washington
2 2

171 posts in this topic

UPDATE: 

ECCC ticket - checked confirmed and have badge

Trip ticket - checked confirmed

Hotel - checked confirmed and double checked

ECCC Customer service (interpreting) - confirmed, got info to arrange with

Comic books and artist sketches fund - in process 

My friend and I got 2 days with interpreting to browse around booths and go to sessions about few different topics. Hope to see you around and chat a bit. 

One more item to do then I am all set to go!  :whee::banana:

Edited February 6 by Fan Boy

Just now, Fan Boy said:

The better question is which day will JSC be there for one day? 

According to his FB page, he will have a booth all weekend selling stuff (pre-signed and so on), but he will be there on Saturday signing.

On 2/22/2017 at 8:48 PM, greggy said:

Where's the onsite submission form?

Get a hold of Allan and he'll be able to tell you how to complete the form and bring your books down across the border without any hassles at all from Trump's stormtroopers.  :gossip:  lol

I've never used the CGC service before and so I have pretty newbie question.

I read on twitter that CGC will be offering on-site grading at ECCC. I have four books I would like to have graded/slabbed. Can someone tell me what I can expect from my visit at the CGC booth? Will they grade and slab my books on site. Or will i pay a fee, learn the grade and then they will ship them off to be slabbed? What do you all think I can expect from this?

12 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I've never used the CGC service before and so I have pretty newbie question.

I read on twitter that CGC will be offering on-site grading at ECCC. I have four books I would like to have graded/slabbed. Can someone tell me what I can expect from my visit at the CGC booth? Will they grade and slab my books on site. Or will i pay a fee, learn the grade and then they will ship them off to be slabbed? What do you all think I can expect from this?

If you submit your books for onsite grading, CGC guarantees they'll be ready for pickup before the show closes on Sunday.

Onsite grading is limited, though, so make sure you drop off your books at the CGC booth as early as possible.

5 hours ago, mschmidt said:

If you submit your books for onsite grading, CGC guarantees they'll be ready for pickup before the show closes on Sunday.

Onsite grading is limited, though, so make sure you drop off your books at the CGC booth as early as possible.

Thank you mschmidt,

That would be great to get them back before the end of the con. But I'm totally cool with them being mailed to me also. Any idea what I would be paying per modern book with a limited edition cover?

44 minutes ago, Yoshi said:

Thank you mschmidt,

That would be great to get them back before the end of the con. But I'm totally cool with them being mailed to me also. Any idea what I would be paying per modern book with a limited edition cover?

It's $30/book for regular moderns, $40 if they're signed.

On 2/24/2017 at 0:48 PM, kevhtx said:

Anyone know Campbell's normal signing limit per person? Does he charge? Trying to plan what I might want to take on the trip.

Last Summer he signed one item free and was $10 for each additional item raw.  I think it was $20 for witnessed signature.  He didn't seem to have a limit as long as you paid.  At that show, he only came in for one day (about 4 hours actually) and the line was loooong and moved slowly.