• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emerald City Comic Con, March 2-5, 2017, Seattle, Washington
2 2

171 posts in this topic

Here in Seattle this afternoon. Wandered around downtown showing my friend some sights, as it is his first time in the city. Now up enjoying the view in the Needle, with my coffee...

IMG_0594.JPG

12 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I'm taking the Trian down from Bellingham on Friday. 

Just saying in the off chance anyone else going to the convention is also doing the same thing.

You are right. I was on that train from Vancouver BC yesterday, a good relaxing trip. 

Is anyone planning a meetup/drinkup? Loosely planning to get together with a couple folks from Instagram (I'm @shortboxed) on Friday after the con. Just wondering if there's already some sort of meetup planned so we can coordinate a larger gathering. 

My first day in the show was good, bigger than I thought. My friend and I noticed not many cosplayers are around. We think Calgary comic expo has more cosplayers by number than here.

i saw a few sweet books that will haunt me in sleep throughout the night. Which one should I buy? Arrgh!! :x

4 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

My first day in the show was good, bigger than I thought. My friend and I noticed not many cosplayers are around. We think Calgary comic expo has more cosplayers by number than here! :x

It is only day 1 of 4, and some cosplayers may have a day job. Am sure you will see more cosplayers coming in from the Seattle rain on Friday. I make sure to avoid Sat., as it is usually way too crowded at ECCC.

Did you see greggy yet? ???

24 minutes ago, Comicdey said:

?

maybe next year ?

Tough to catch sight of Greggy unless you are at a Con during set up or early the 1st day.  He seems to buy up all the good stuff and hits the road.

Edited by 1Cool

On train back to home. Two days in the con was lot of fun wandering among the booths. Brought some nice books for good prices. Some others I thought was ridiculously GPA-level stabbed prices for RAW books :S

My friend tell me that he wants the full weekend pass next year to ECCC. I tell him it would take a miracle to snatch the full pass the minute tickets are open for buying. But I will try see if I can. I guess I succeeded reeled him with line,hook and sinker :nyah:  He complains that it is not enough with two days! 

Anyway, I am going to read some books while I relax on train. You guys have fun at the con!