• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cloak and Dagger
1 1

168 posts in this topic

Marvel's Cloak & Dagger will premiere on June 7th via Freeform with a two-hour pilot. Gina Prince-Bythewood directed the pilot, which was written by showrunner Joe Pokaski . There will be 10 total episodes in the first season. 

Can't tell much from that short preview.  I'm interested in seeing it but skeptical of its quality, mostly due to Marvel's mediocre record so far in television shows.

Why are they releasing this on "Freeform"?  I had to look up what that network even is, apparently it's a renamed version of what used to be called ABC Family.  Is this Disney's first step in moving away from Netflix?

Edited by fantastic_four

Finished up Ep 1 and liked it.  Flowed well and the actors seemed genuine.  Typical teen drama stuff but with a cool mutant add on that makes it definitely watchable.

Just finished the first episode.   Not for me.   Loved the lead characters and thought they were cast well, but the overall tone was depressing and bleak.   Just as a matter of course, henceforth, I turn off any show that portrays the police gunning down unarmed African American children.   

I thought the acting was very good, and I totally understand that people might think it's a bit depressing and bleak? But honestly, they've made it less so than it was in the comics... and it's not a bad thing.  I don't think (so far) the changes have hurt, I think it still feels like they're telling the same type of story. The true test will be once the leads are together.  But I'm in for at least a few more episodes.