• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cloak and Dagger
1 1

168 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Just watched episode 1 and 2, and I"m not sure where they got together, unless the Pilot ( I missed that ) counted as 1 and I'm missing something.

I never read the comic series and I'm lost ...actors are good.

IMDB doesn't show a separate pilot, just the three episodes that have aired with the third being last night a few hours before you posted this.

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

IMDB doesn't show a separate pilot, just the three episodes that have aired with the third being last night a few hours before you posted this.

Thanks, I was looking it up on Wikipedia last night, still don't quite get it, and there sure are a lot of changes, but I'll watch another one.  There isn't much else on right now.

6 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

There isn't much else on right now.

That's because you're a human supremacist.  Embrace the rights of artificial life already!  (tsk)

Screen-Shot-2016-12-05-at-9.53.19-AM.png

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

That's because you're a human supremacist.  Embrace the rights of artificial life already!  (tsk)

Screen-Shot-2016-12-05-at-9.53.19-AM.png

OK, that one is REALLY creepy...it's a good thing I opened saw this in the morning, not at night.

4 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

OK, that one is REALLY creepy...it's a good thing I opened saw this in the morning, not at night.

It's in the opening credits sequence of both seasons of the show, but yea, it's creepy.

I was skeptical about a Marvel show on Freeform.  I figured it was going to be rife with teen angst and what not.  But I was very impressed with the first 3 episodes.  The opening sequence was engaging and really pulled me in.  The acting has been great so far and the story and direction has been well done effectively laying the groundwork for our characters while simultaneously building up the suspense and mystery.  For a Freeform show, there was a lot more mature content than I expected between the swearing and other "adult themes".  I'm not sure how many episodes are in a season, but the show seems like it would benefit from a Netflix type season of only 12-13 episodes.  This would keep the storytelling tight without the empty filler that can bog down a plot (a la The Walking Dead) over the course of a 20+ episode season.  I don't know where the show is going, but I also think it would benefit from keeping the overall story restricted to something like 4-5 seasons.  (The longer a show goes, the harder it seems to keep it fresh, gripping, and entertaining.)  All in all though, a great start for characters who I didn't much care for or know anything about.

Sounds strong.

Season 2 Review: Still the Most Important Superhero Series on the Air

The second installment of Cloak & Dagger picks up months after the conclusion of the first, and quite a lot has changed for the likes of Tandy (Olivia Holt) and Tyrone (Aubrey Joseph). They've essentially switched lives at this point. After running from home, Tyrone is living on his own in the abandoned church where Tandy spent many of her nights in Season 1. Tandy is living with her mother once again, and the two have built a pretty strong relationship while attending a group for survivors of domestic abuse. Through it all, the bond of Tandy and Ty has grown even stronger, as have their individual powers.

There are fun, light-hearted superhero shows on TV. There are dark, intense superhero shows on TV. Cloak & Dagger is the rare project that manages to be both, without ever fitting into either of their boxes. It's an experience all its own, full of joy, pain, wonder, and intrigue, and that's what makes it so fantastic. Don't let Marvel's most important TV series pass you by, it's too good not to enjoy right now.

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Marvel's Cloak & Dagger will return for its second season on Thursday, April 4th at 8 pm ET on Freeform.

And yet I'm still having a hard time selling my PP 64 CGC 9.8 for a premium.  That book just never took off like I thought it would - been basically flat for the last 4 years.

On 4/5/2019 at 6:29 AM, 1Cool said:

And yet I'm still having a hard time selling my PP 64 CGC 9.8 for a premium.  That book just never took off like I thought it would - been basically flat for the last 4 years.

Just like most CA keys, the gains are muted long term after the first big run up since there are so many copies available. Look at NM 87, ASM 361 and any other CA keys that are in the $500 in CGC 9.8 club. They hit that level and plateau due to the number of copies out there. FWIW, BA 12, ASM 300, NM 98 and the other bigger CA keys have peaked and plateaued/pulled back as well.

8 hours ago, kimik said:

Just like most CA keys, the gains are muted long term after the first big run up since there are so many copies available. Look at NM 87, ASM 361 and any other CA keys that are in the $500 in CGC 9.8 club. They hit that level and plateau due to the number of copies out there. FWIW, BA 12, ASM 300, NM 98 and the other bigger CA keys have peaked and plateaued/pulled back as well.

That makes sense but the number of copies sold doesn’t really reflect that.  NM 87 and ASM 361 have had hundred of copies sold each year whereas about 45 copies of 9.8 PP 64 have sold each year.  The clambering for 1st Cloak and Dagger has been so muted it really is nonexistent.  I’m just surprised considering it’s a cool cover and some cool relevant characters.  

The supply >>>> demand for PP 64. There are way more copies than buyers available, which results in muted prices. The book still sells at auction so there is some level of demand, but for highly available in high grade secondary CA first appearances there appears to be price resistance in the $500 - $600 range. It is only the A-listers (e.g Venom, Harley, Deadpool) that hit higher prices in CGC 9.8 right now (although NM 98 is still dropping). This will play out similar to SA and BA keys over the past 30+ years that I have been collecting - the big books rise highest first and then eventually the rest follow at a slower rate.

Edited by kimik

20 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Think of how many more copies of Spectacular Spider-Man #64 you can sell if this show gets a third season.

SSM64.thumb.jpg.1ab0a8175a311cbd249f766e79f2b84c.jpg

<3

Book has been a dud after two seasons so I'm not sure a third will help out much.