• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cloak and Dagger
1 1

168 posts in this topic

Marvel's Cloak and Dagger TV Show Synopsis Released

This exciting new series is an adaptation of the beloved Marvel characters aimed squarely at young adults. This live-action interracial romance follows Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart—but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.

Yuck. :P

-J.

This exciting new series is an adaptation of the beloved Marvel characters aimed squarely at young adults. This live-action interracial romance follows Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart—but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.

-J.

thumbs down from you, is one of the best possible up votes a show can get (thumbs u

-J.

thumbs down from you, is one of the best possible up votes a show can get (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Bonus points to anyone who knew what channel "freeform" was on without having to Google it first. lol

-J.

ABC Family TV. lol

Exactly. This would be so much better as an adult oriented show on Netflix or Skinemax.....

Well they're teenagers allegedly...so ... yah.

-J.

(thumbs u

Bonus points to anyone who knew what channel "freeform" was on without having to Google it first. lol

-J.

:ohnoez:

ABC Family TV. lol

Exactly. This would be so much better as an adult oriented show on Netflix or Skinemax.....

Well they're teenagers allegedly...so ... yah.

You could start the story with them as adults and show flashbacks to their origins as 16 and 17 year olds. If they followed the original source material, which would have been great, it would have to be adult oriented (i.e. their war against drugs, killing the scientist that created the sythetic heroin, etc.) and on Netflix, Cinemax or AMC. Personally, I think it would have fit way better with the Marvel "war on crime" slate on Netflix with Daredevil/Punisher/Elektra/and hopefully Moon Knight. That could have led to some great crossovers between shows, including a play on the arc where they work with Spider-man to stop the Punisher's assassination attempt on the Kingpin.

I don't see this show being a huge hit, it is on the ABC Family channel after all.

Big hit is relative. Do I see it being as good as Daredevil - no. But I see it being more in the category as IZombie which is still good in its own way. I'm not even sure which direction they will go with the show but as they say - any publicity is good publicity.

My daughter who is almost 13 says the show Pretty Little Liars is a huge hit with the teen crowd and she likes Shadowhunters. At least the channel has a teen following which will bode well in the future in terms of Cloak and Dagger being relevant for awhile.

Edited by 1Cool

That whole chanel is geared to the 12-16 year old market so I can see why the 18 year and older crowds would not like it.

My daughter who is almost 13 says the show Pretty Little Liars is a huge hit with the teen crowd and she likes Shadowhunters. At least the channel has a teen following which will bode well in the future in terms of Cloak and Dagger being relevant for awhile.

Pretty Little Liars is a twisted show. lol My daughter watches it as well.

I don't see this show being a huge hit, it is on the ABC Family channel after all.

It does not need to be a hit, it just needs to be aired so we can all cash in on our stashes of PPSM #64s. lol

Pretty Little Liars is a twisted show. lol My daughter watches it as well.

My wife and all her friends have their weekly watching of Pretty Little Liars.

I like Shadowhunters. Well, I like watching the hot brunette.

Hot off the heels of the announcement a few days ago, Marvel has unveiled the logo for their latest TV series, starring young heroes Cloak and Dagger.

Freeform (which, for those of you who don't know, is really just ABC family rebranded under a different name to target adolescent audiences) has unveiled the logo for its upcoming series based on fan-favourite teenage heroes Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson.

cloak-dagger-logo.jpg