• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cloak and Dagger
1 1

168 posts in this topic

Hot off the heels of the announcement a few days ago, Marvel has unveiled the logo for their latest TV series, starring young heroes Cloak and Dagger.

Freeform (which, for those of you who don't know, is really just ABC family rebranded under a different name to target adolescent audiences) has unveiled the logo for its upcoming series based on fan-favourite teenage heroes Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson.

cloak-dagger-logo.jpg

Wow - that didn't take long.

Hot off the heels of the announcement a few days ago, Marvel has unveiled the logo for their latest TV series, starring young heroes Cloak and Dagger.

Freeform (which, for those of you who don't know, is really just ABC family rebranded under a different name to target adolescent audiences) has unveiled the logo for its upcoming series based on fan-favourite teenage heroes Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson.

cloak-dagger-logo.jpg

Wow - that didn't take long.

Looks good. :applause:

Just checked the census and there is "only" 121 CGC 9.8 out there. It's been a $400 - $500 book for a couple years so you would think most of the high grade copies would have been submitted by now.

It is tougher in 9.8 than many books of that vintage. I have subbed three. They were all borderline copies and they all got 9.6s.

I've subbed two great copies and got a 9.6 and 9.4 for my troubles.

It definitely is a tough book to get a 9.8 with. I subbed 3 copies last year that I thought would hit it but they all came back as 9.6s. Luckily, I won a NM modern lot on Heritage that had a dozen copies of PPSM #64 in it and I have four more in for grading right now with my :wishluck:

Based on the price spike, I may have to send in the remaining 8 NM-/NMish copies now as well. hm

Here are the results from CGC on these four subs:

9.6 W

9.6 W

9.8 W

9.8 W

Finally hit a 9.8. Looks like I will have to send in the remaining books now. hm

Edited by kimik

Possible Premiere Date For Marvel's CLOAK AND DAGGER TV Series Revealed

vxcb3d.jpg

According to The Hollywood Reporter, we can expect to see Cloak and Dagger reach the small screen by Winter 2018. That's the premiere date the series is currently targeting anyway, and while many of us expected it to potentially debut this time next year, Marvel and ABC are clearly taking their time. In fact, the -script for the pilot is currently undergoing a complete rewrite by showrunner Joe Pokaski.

The "superhero love story" was ordered to series back in April, but after the high profile failure of Marvel's Most Wanted (a Mockingbird led Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff), it's easy to understand why ABC is being cautious here. Cloak and Dagger is set to premiere on their Freeform network - formerly ABC Family - and so looks set to become a staple of the rebranded channel when it finally airs.

I remain pumped for this, was sad when the original rumors so many years ago didnt pan-out. It will make for a really good show.

The original story and the focus on drug abuse and the war on drugs is key, could be awesome if they tied it to the modern new england heroin crisis, fentanyl, etc A modernized version of the original take.

My biggest fear is it devolves into racial identity politics and agenda pushing/pandering.

Let it be a race blind, anti-drug abuse, romeo and juliet story, and it will do awesome.

CLOAK AND DAGGER Lands BEYOND THE LIGHTS Director To Helm Pilot

It seems we have a new insight on the crew working to bring Cloak and Dagger to the small screen on Freeform. Following an initial report by Season Zero, Gina Prince-Bythewood later confirmed herself that she would helm the pilot of the upcoming series.

A4XK0z4.png

Her body of work, which includes The Secret Life of Bees, Love and Basketball, and Beyond The Lights all heavily feature romance, lining up with previous reports and press releases that there would be a significant romantic element to the series.

She also serves as co-creator of Shots Fired, a FOX TV series set to premiere this coming March.

These Two Young Actors May Have Been Cast In Marvel's CLOAK AND DAGGER TV Series

V3r_OZo6.jpg

if a new report is to be believed, the two leads may have now been found. According to MCU Exchange, relative unknowns Noah Gray-Cabey (Heroes) and Debby Ryan (Jessie) have been chosen to play the heroes, though, at first glance, they don't bear an instant resemblance to the comic book characters they'll possibly play.

Gray-Cabey appears to be of mixed race descent, while Ryan is redheaded rather than blonde. That can obviously be sorted out with a wig or some hair dye, but they do otherwise seem like pretty good fits.

CLOAK AND DAGGER Character Breakdowns Give Us Some Idea Of What To Expect From Our Young Heroes

Following yesterday's Cloak and Dagger casting details, we have character breakdowns for both Tyrone Johnson and Tandy Bowen, and it sounds like there's going to be a few slight changes from the comics.

Tara – Female, 18 to play 17, Caucasian.

Tara was a plucky southern girl who grew up with everything. She was always full of light. Then an accident took away everything. Now she’s a cynic who steals from tourists to make ends meet. Life took from her. She’s going to take back. But can that light be rekindled? Series Lead.

Travis – Male. 18 to play 17. African American.

When Travis was a little boy he was fearless. But then he made a mistake and it cost him dearly. So Travis grew up in a fear. Scared of a world he couldn’t control. So he controlled what he could. Keeping his head down, focusing on school and basketball. Locking in on fear. But is that brave boy still in there? Series Lead.

‘Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger’: Olivia Holt & Aubrey Joseph Land Title Roles In Series For Freeform

Tandy­ (Oliva Holt – “Dagger”) Once a privileged little girl, Tandy Bowen watched as her family was destroyed by a disastrous storm that uprooted her life. Now in her late teens, an unexpected encounter with a boy named Tyrone sparks a life changing event.

Tyrone (Aubrey Joesph – “Cloak”) ­ Young Tyrone Johnson wanted nothing more than to prove he was fearless. But when everything he held close was taken away, life taught Tyrone to be afraid. Now older and more sheltered, Tyrone closes himself off. But when he meets a girl named Tandy his life changes Forever.

Holt, who is also a recording artist, is repped by Management 360, Paradigm Talent Agency, & Morris Yorn. Joseph is repped by Principal Entertainment LA and Jeff Gill at Jordan, Gill and Dornbaum.

Interesting choice for the female lead. I recognize her from watching Kickin It with my kids when they were younger. What has she done since then?

Edited by kimik