• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cloak and Dagger
1 1

168 posts in this topic

One just popped up with an $800 ask (and not even cgc.)

:screwy:

SCENE - Seinfeld's apartment. George comes frantically barging in through the door

GEORGE (waving an old comic book): I've done it Jerry, I've struck gold! Gold, I tell you!

JERRY (barely looking up from his newspaper): Really.

GEORGE: Yes sir, Yes sir! This time it's easy street for me!

JERRY: Where is Easy Street, exactly? And what's so easy about it? Is everything easy? Because easy with some things is good, but with some things is bad. Easy to get food, women, money... good. Easy to break into your apartment, easy to lose your wallet, easy to get a hole in your sneaker.. bad.

GEORGE (ignoring him): Forget that! I've got it, Jerry! Spectacular Spider-Man #64! The first appearance of Cloak & Dagger! I'm rich beyond the dreams of avarice, I tell you!

JERRY: Did they fight Superman?

GEORGE: No! This is a Spider-Man comic!

JERRY: Oh, then never heard of them (goes back this newspaper)

GEORGE (pacing around the apartment): It's just a matter of what to list it for on ebay... is $700 too cheap? $700 is too cheap right? Right, Jerry?

JERRY (not listening) uh huh

GEORGE (still pacing, flapping the comic as he goes) But $900? That's crazy right... I have to play this cool! I mean... I can't be too greedy, right? I mean, I'm nothing if I'm not reasonable. Everyone always says that about me, right? Don't they say that about me? Don't they?

JERRY (still not listening) uh huh

GEORGE (with conviction) Ok! $800 it is! You're right!

GEORGE sits at Jerry's table and posts the book on eBay using his cell phone, and then just sits there, staring at his phone.

GEORGE: C'mon..... sell...... C'mon........

After a few minutes JERRY gets up from his couch and notices GEORGE hunched over at his table, staring intently at his phone.

JERRY: Oh hey, George. You're still here?

GEORGE: It hasn't sold, Jerry? Why? Why?

JERRY: What hasn't?

GEORGE (rolling his eyes): My Cloak and Dagger comic we agreed I should list on ebay for $800...

JERRY walks over to the cabinet and pours himself a bowl of cereal.

JERRY: When in the world would I have ever told you to do something THAT stupid?

GEORGE (screaming) ARRRRGGGGH!!

END SCENE

Edited by fmaz

Just checked the census and there is "only" 121 CGC 9.8 out there. It's been a $400 - $500 book for a couple years so you would think most of the high grade copies would have been submitted by now.

Edited by 1Cool

I'mma be putting my copy up today :banana: been holding it waiting for this.

@1Cool I agree. I bought an OO collection 2 years ago and he had 10 copies of PPSS64. Only 1 got a 9.8 :sorry: its not that easy of a book to get in 9.8

There isn't even one up in the Feature ComicLink auction - only a 9.6s. Everyone must have been holding on to them hoping for an announcement.

Just checked the census and there is "only" 121 CGC 9.8 out there. It's been a $400 - $500 book for a couple years so you would think most of the high grade copies would have been submitted by now.

It is tougher in 9.8 than many books of that vintage. I have subbed three. They were all borderline copies and they all got 9.6s.

It is tougher in 9.8 than many books of that vintage. I have subbed three. They were all borderline copies and they all got 9.6s.

I've subbed two great copies and got a 9.6 and 9.4 for my troubles.

So which storyline are folks most excited to see used early on with the show?

What actors are you hoping get considered?

What guest appearances are you wanting Marvel to hopefully work out?