• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cloak and Dagger
1 1

168 posts in this topic

People are quick - I've had 4 offers for my raw PP 64 since the trailer hit.  Hopefully the 9.8 I've been keeping on ice will finally take a nice jump.

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I could see this being a hit.

Marvel Hollywood doing it right.  

Showed it to my 13 year old daughter and she thought it looked "cool".  Tough to get that age bracket to like anything so I've got a vibe about this show.  After re-watching the trailer it looks well put together and not just a kid do drugs and get powers sort of thing.

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Showed it to my 13 year old daughter and she thought it looked "cool".  Tough to get that age bracket to like anything so I've got a vibe about this show.  After re-watching the trailer it looks well put together and not just a kid do drugs and get powers sort of thing.

Yep. The Riverdale crowd is going to love this. (thumbsu

If true, that happened fast. They must feel like the show is on solid ground already.

CLOAK AND DAGGER Reportedly Already Renewed For a Second Season

cloak-and-dagger-slice-600x200.png

It seems this effort is paying off early, as SpoilerTV is reporting that Freeform has already greenlit a renewal for their upcoming mid-season drama, Marvel's Cloak and Dagger, starring Aubrey Joseph and Olivia Holt in the lead roles. While the report is sparse on details, it does say that the show will be in development from next month to October of this year. From Freeform's speedy pickup of New Warriors following the filming of the Cloak and Dagger pilot, it seems the network is very excited for Marvel's future on the channel, and anticipate a ratings success.

No official word from Marvel or Freeform has come in on whether or not the series has in fact been renewed.

Ranking 2018’s Most Anticipated Comic Book TV Show Debuts

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

With 2017 behind us, the Newsarama staff put together an ordered list of all the comic book shows debuting in 2018, ordered by how much we're anticipating them. We're not including already-debuted shows, as well as some that have dropped off the radar like New Warriors. Let's stick to what we think has a good chance of showing up.

We made our rankings based on a poll of the entire 'Rama team, ordering them based on a distillation of our personal lists.

4. Cloak & Dagger

Marvel's Cloak & Dagger are coming to live-action for the first time, but their television debut is one of the sleeper shows of 2018 thanks to Marvel's decision to air it on Freeform (formerly ABC Family). Though the CW has the superhero game on lock, Freeform is no slouch when it comes to developing cult classic hits from adaptations either - think Pretty Little Liars and Shadowhunters.

The single trailer so far has some definite Pretty Little Liars vibes, from the dark, rainy ambiance and quick-cut drama of the cinematography, but series stars Olivia Holt (Tandy/Dagger) and Aubrey Joseph (Tyrone/Dagger) do have chemistry and seem engaging enough.

Marvel has had a tough year on television - thanks, Inhumans - but Freeform's fresh take on characters who are fairly unknown, at least relative to the CW's league of heroes, could bring in a fresh new audience for Marvel and help boost their small screen prospects in the new year. - CK Stewart

Premiere Date: Unspecified 2018

CLOAK AND DAGGER Gets A Summer Premiere Date; Come Check Out A New Extended Sneak Peek

Freeform has just announced premiere dates for several shows on their 2018 slate, including Marvel's Cloak & Dagger, which is set to debut this summer on Thursday, June 7 at 8 p.m. ET/PT with a special two-hour premiere.

The series stars Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph as the teenaged superhero couple, Cloak and Dagger, who gain extraordinary powers and find themselves forever linked. In lieu of a new trailer, Marvel has released the following three-minute sneak peek, which offers an extended look at the first meeting between Tyrone Johnson (Joseph) and Tandy Bowen (Holt).