• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cloak and Dagger
1 1

168 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Good point. Total trash.

:takeit:

$500 and my newsstand CGC 9.8 can be yours!

Ugh - I just checked and 9.8s are down 20% to $390.  Really thought this book would be a $500 - $550 book for awhile once the show came out and hit a second season.  Fickle comic market right now.

Edited by 1Cool

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Ugh - I just checked and 9.8s are down 20% to $390.  Really thought this book would be a $500 - $550 book for awhile once the show came out and hit a second season.  Fickle comic market right now.

Count on that price going much lower. Jeph Loeb's kingdom is being taken apart.

We already knew that the ax was falling on a lot of Marvel Television projects in the wake of Kevin Feige's takeover of the entire company. And now that executive Jeph Loeb is planning his exit from the company, some of his projects are starting to get cancelled from their network homes. Now we know that Marvel's Cloak & Dagger has been cancelled after sitting in limbo for months after the second season ended. There will be no third season of the YA series coming to Freeform, but this is not the end of the characters' adventures in the Marvel Universe.

Aubrey Joseph and Olivia Holt will reprise their roles as Cloak & Dagger on the third season of Marvel's Runaways, set to premiere later this year, and they will also voice the characters in the animated Spider-Man series on Disney XD. But as far as their own adventures in their series goes, their time is at an end.

“We are so proud of Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger and the trailblazing stories this series told,” Freeform said in a statement. “We are also grateful to our incredible talent Oliva Holt and Aubrey Joseph for bringing these beloved characters to life, and show-runner Joe Pokaski for his vision. We’d like to thank our partners at Marvel Television for a wonderful two seasons and are we are hopeful that we can find another project together.”

This cancellation isn't a huge surprise as the second season suffered a big drop in ratings, and Disney has increasingly put more faith in Marvel Studios as they make series for the Disney+ streaming platform while Marvel Television's output has gradually dwindled. All of the Netflix series have been cancelled, Agents of SHIELD is about to air its final season, Freeform decided against picking up the pilot for New Warriors (which also failed to find a new home), and Hulu's Ghost Rider series was cancelled just months after it was officially announced.

9 hours ago, 1Cool said:

The time to cash in was before the show aired, which is pretty much the best way to play copper and modern tv or movie related keys. 

Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger Coming Soon To Disney+ (Canada/Australia/New Zealand)

Disney has announced that both seasons of Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger will be coming to Disney+ in Australia, New Zealand and Canada on Tuesday, February 23rd.

This live-action series follows Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love. Tandy can emit light daggers, and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. Cloak is played by Aubrey Joseph and Dagger is played by Olivia Holt.

The series originally debuted on Freeform in the United States and ran for two seasons, which each season consisting of 10 episodes.  The two characters also appeared in the third season of Marvel’s “The Runaways”.

Unfortunately, the series was cancelled after the second season, when Marvel Television was merged in with Marvel Studios, who wanted to focus their TV shows on Disney+, with connections to the movies.

The series isn’t going to be coming to the UK or Ireland at the launch of “Star”, as the show is still an exclusive on Amazon Prime.  However, once the contract expires, then the show would then move to Disney+.

I was wondering where this one was.

You know I'm still really impressed by this show after all this time. Tandy and Ty worked really well and had one of the most compelling relationships in the MCU. Season 2 took off strong and leaned into the mystical side of things to great effect. Definitely one of my top 5 Marvel TV seasons. If they could fit them into any future projects I'd be pretty excited to see them again.

At one point in time, the Marvel Cinematic Universe was expanding in a number of seemingly limitless ways, with a variety of characters getting overdue adaptations, including the Freeform series Marvel's Cloak & Dagger. Despite support from fans and the series exploring a different thematic tone from other MCU projects, the series was scrapped after two seasons, with star Gloria Reuben noting that she had hoped to get to spend at least a few more years with her character. Reuben can currently be seen in a new adaptation of Stephen King's Firestarter, which is now in theaters and streaming on Peacock.

"I was hoping that we would get at least another couple of seasons because it was on point. It wasn't just, again, honoring the comic book relationships, but it just, it brought into it current day ideas about police brutality and about mixed-race couples, and talk about good and evil," Reuben recently shared with ComicBook.com about the future of the series. "It covered so many social issues while under this cloak, no pun intended, of this Marvel Universe. That was a terrific show. I don't know who made the decision, but it's obviously completely out of my hands. I really wish that we had come back for a good couple of seasons because we had something good going on there. It's a shame, but one never knows what the future will hold. Oh, my gosh, that was totally Yoda."