• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garth Ennis' The Boys!!

12 posts in this topic

I have been waiting for this announcement for awhile.

Watch these comics fly off Ebay now!

lol

On 4/8/2016 at 7:42 AM, Hammerhead said:

What did you think of it? Because every 'The Boys' thread has a right to its opinion.

:insane:

6 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

They are shooting this near me and the casting call went out for more extras (friend of mine signed up for it), so I might try to jump in on it.

:popcorn:

Just watched the first episode. I had never read any of the related comics.

The effects are well done, especially with the bank robbery and the one shortly later with A train.

Some of the plot turns seem relatively obvious. I thought the acting was good.  It certainly did enough to keep me watching.

17 hours ago, csaag said:

Just watched the first episode. I had never read any of the related comics.

The effects are well done, especially with the bank robbery and the one shortly later with A train.

Some of the plot turns seem relatively obvious. I thought the acting was good.  It certainly did enough to keep me watching.

This show seems perfectly timed after years of superhero TV shows and films.

That first season was pretty damn good. I've never read the comics for it, but it seems Ennis was heavily influenced by DCs THE PSYCHO series from the early 90's. I loved that comic growing up, and dealt with the idea of 'supers' being manufactured and introduced to the military (and the results of the worldwide arms race for super powers)