• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EDGE OF TOMORROW 2 starring Tom Cruise (2018)
1 1

72 posts in this topic

Tom Cruise's EDGE OF TOMORROW Sequel Finds Its Scribes

edge-of-tomorrow-178092.jpg

Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse have been tapped to write the sequel to Tom Cruise and Doug Liman’s sci-fi sleeper hit Edge Of Tomorrow.

Shrapnel and Whitehouse are much in-demand. After getting their first proper feature produced this year with the Jesse Owens biopic Race, the pair were brought on to do a rewrite of The Gray Man, based on the novel by Mark Greaney, at Sony. McQuarrie is also set to direct this one with Charlize Theron attached to star. Theron’s Denver and Delilah label is also aboard as producers alongside Joe Roth. The duo also adapted Circle Of Treason, based on a book by CIA agents Sandy Grimes and Jeanne Vertefeuille about their pursuit of fellow CIA agent and traitor Aldrich Ames.

Very surprising news, and yes I still haven`t watched the first one yet.

I must rectify that over the weekend.

I found it to be well worth more than one watch. It just didn't explode at the box office, $$ wise. But that's a shame for those that didn't appreciate this movie.

It was excellent!

Very surprising news, and yes I still haven`t watched the first one yet.

I must rectify that over the weekend.

I found it to be well worth more than one watch. It just didn't explode at the box office, $$ wise. But that's a shame for those that didn't appreciate this movie.

It was excellent!

I really enjoyed this film. Glad to see it is getting a sequel.

Edge Of Tomorrow 2 Will 'Revolutionize' Sequels Says Director

edge-of-tomorrow-207897.jpg

Doug Liman spoke with IGN recently where he talked about the sequel to Edge of Tomorrow. The director said the movie is still underway. He then continued, saying, “It’s going to revolutionize how people make sequels. It really will.”

When Liman was asked to elaborate on the claim, the director kept mum to avoid any unneeded spoilers. However, the did emphasize that the sequel would do what he said. “You mark my words,” he stressed.

So far, there is very little information about the sequel available. Fans learned that the first film’s co-screenwriter, Christopher McQuarrie, had an idea for the second movie that was “locked and loaded.” Earlier this year, Warner Bros. confirmed that Liman had joined on to direct the sequel while screenwriters Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse treated its -script. There’s no word yet about the film’s casting, but many anticipate Tom Cruise to return to the franchise.

After all, the iconic actor has publicly rallied for a new Edge of Tomorrow film. Cruise told MTV that he pitched an idea for a sequel that he thinks could be “so much fun.”

"Gotta get Emily [blunt]," Cruise continued. "I was like, ‘Emily, please.’ She was like, ‘Give me another year, please.’"

After Cruise made his pitch, McQuarrie became intrigued by the idea of a sequel.

I really enjoyed that movie except for the odd, half-assed ending. I've wondered if the reason the ending on the first one doesn't work is because they decided late in production to rip out the original ending (whatever it may have been) to replace it with a new one just to leave room open for a sequel.