• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xmen 94 how much does stain drop grade?

9 posts in this topic

I don't know much about staining except that they don't like it ...I bought a 9.2 raw and missed 3 very tiny light stains (so light that the grader I had look it over at the convention missed it too). It came back a 6.5 . I'm guessing it has less bearing as the book's overall grade drops , but it'll probably hurt . I think some of these guys will know exactly how to answer your question.

With almost no experience I'm guessing that book's coming back a 5.0/5.5

4.5/5.0

That stain is huge and very obtrusive. I personally would grade it 4.5 only because the rest of the book is so nice. Does it affect the pages as well?

Does not affect the pages at all. Cover lies nice and flat too, just that ugly stain.

That's the sort of book you put in mylar with a backing board and not a slab. Even to sell.

There are plenty of midgrade collectors who would take a book like that over a typical 4.5-5.0 any day, and will feel better about paying a slightly higher price if there isn't a big 4.5 number on the book.