• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow, everything is getting very pricey.

104 posts in this topic

Pristine = 9.8 or above to me. Just my opinion.

Yep, and you know why? right? ;)

Why don't you tell me?

I can't figure why these guys are giving you a hard time in this thread. What am I missing? Or maybe they're just bored?

Just messing with him. Although pristine to me would be 9.4-9.8 in most cases.

I rarely ever see 9.9 bronze age books for sale.

When they do surface aren't they usually pretty expensive based on scarcity?

Giant-Size X-Men, I get, but I still don't understand the significance of X-Men 94. In Giant-Size, we get the 1st appearance and origins of Storm, Colossus, and Nightcrawler. In 94, they argue, fly to Norad, and get shot down. Why are they the same price? (shrug)

25% more GSX1 on the census than XM94, but 400% more 9.8s, 300% more 9.6s, etc.?

This.

Also the fact that almost everyone collects X-Men...Including me. So when you have a gigantic fan base of X-Men collectors...they will seek out all the keys pushing up the prices. The same thing is seen with Amazing Spider-Man since everyone I personally know collects Spidey. X-Men is a pretty big deal to a lot of collectors because they grew up in the late 70s and 80s. I began collecting and reading X-Men in the 80s.