• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Denzel as Batman, Walken as Alfred.  Worked like a charm in “Man on Fire”...  hm

Go slow. Tarantino can only work on one movie at a time.

Plus, how to get that dastardly well-armed director Reeves out of the way.

hm

'Batman' Director Matt Reeves' Production Company Signs First Look Deal With Netflix

On Friday, a new report from Deadline revealed that Matt Reeves and his production company, 6th & Idaho, have signed a first look deal with Netflix. This allows Netflix to have the first access to any feature films that Reeves produces or directs through his company.

Before you even ask, NO, this doesn't mean The Batman will have anything to do with Netflix. Reeves was hired to write and direct the film by Warner Bros. and it will be produced through that studio, the same as every other DC Comics property. Netflix only has the exclusive look at films produced through 6th & Idaho.

Even without Batman or Planet of the Apes coming with the deal, this is still a massive step forward for Netflix. The company has been moving toward becoming a legitimate threat in the world of feature films and it's pouring a lot of time and effort into that objective. As you probably know, Netflix recently dropped around $100 million on Bright, it's first true blockbuster. The studio doubled down on that franchise by ordering a sequel earlier this week.

Matt Reeves gives ‘The Batman’ update: “I have the story worked out”

The Batman director Matt Reeves was a guest on a podcast called “The Q&A with Jeff Goldsmith” recently. The episode was published on December 29th, and Reeves gave a few small, but important updates about his Batman movie.

“I am outlining. I have the story worked out and I’m outlining,” Reeves said about The Batman. Reeves explained that he frequently Skypes with his Planet of the Apes co-writer Mark Bomback, so I think that we may see his name in the credits on the -script. But for now, Reeves is outlining the story on his own.

Recent reports say that Reeves has been meeting with actors like Jake Gyllenhaalto play Batman, so don’t expect Ben Affleck to star. Hopefully we learn a lot more about The Batman and Affleck’s future as Batman later this year.

EXCLUSIVE: WB Has Soured On Affleck, And Is THE BATMAN Part of The Shared Universe?

The latest hot rumor about The Batman actually comes courtesy of my good friends over at Batman-on-Film. I’ve got a great relationship with Bill “Jett” Ramey, and I think the world of BOF. So when I read the report, I didn’t know what to think. As I wrote about two months ago, I was told- in no uncertain terms- that The Batman was going to be a part of the shared DC Universe, and not some sort of disconnected off-shoot like that Joker movie Todd Phillips is developing.

I reached out to someone I trust over at Warner Bros., and here’s what they had to say:

“None of these Batman rumors are true. Reeves Batman is DC films.”

I asked, specifically, if this meant The Batman was part of the same continuity as the rest of the already-established shared universe.

“Batman is DC proper. Reeves’ Batman is connected. Just its own story.”

On the connections moving forward:

“They’re in the same box. There just won’t be many winks. Not in Aquaman for sure. Or Batman.”

I was asking my source for any updates regarding what I wrote a couple of months back- namely “Is Gyllenhaal officially our next Batman yet?”

“Gyllenhaal is probably Batman. Affleck is not out of it yet. That’s the thing, he still has a contract. But the studio is sour on him. If Ben rolls, Jake is in. Kind of a weird web. These guys both know they control each other’s destiny.”

Edited by Bosco685

I like Gyllenhaal and think he hasn't gotten the credit he's deserved over the last decade for superb work in films like Zodiac, Nightcrawler, and Southpaw.

But he's not old enough to play Batman.

Or, the right "type" of old. As in, he may actually be around the same age now as Bale was when he was cast, but they're different body types and bring different baggage to the role. Bale brought his edge from films like American Psycho and even Shaft. Gyllenhaal - not so much. I'd rather have seen him as Peter Parker back in the rumored Spider-Man 2 days.

Gyllenhaal is a solid but blah choice, but it doesn't matter much.  The villains always matter more.  The three Nolan films are ranked by the quality of performances of their villains, i.e. Joker, then Bane, then Ra's.

9 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Gyllenhaal is a solid but blah choice, but it doesn't matter much.  The villains always matter more.  The three Nolan films are ranked by the quality of performances of their villains, i.e. Joker, then Bane, then Ra's.

I had Ra's ahead of Bane. I like to understand what my villains are actually saying. The whole Tom Hardy muffler was a fail as far as I am concerned.

Edited by kimik

53 minutes ago, kimik said:
10 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I had Ra's ahead of Bane. I like to understand what my villains are actually saying. The whole Tom Hardy muffler was a fail as far as I am concerned.

You're right...I messed up the order.  I liked Ra's better too.  I rank the first two films in the top three of ALL superhero films, but I don't rank Rises in the top 20.  Or maybe somewhere towards the bottom of the top 20, haven't put much thought beyond the first ten.

A group of folks had started a rumor today that Matt Reeves had departed the Batman movie. Go figured!

No, Matt Reeves Did Not Exit ‘The Batman,’ Insider Says (Exclusive)

MattReevesBatman.jpg

No, fanboys, Matt Reeves did not step down from writing and directing Warner Bros. “The Batman.”

Rumors and speculation swept across the internet like a distorted Bat Signal on Thursday. But an individual close to Reeves set the record straight.

“Not true,” the insider said. “He is writing away.”

The rumor seems to have begun when online movie pundit John Campea said in a YouTube video that he had heard “100 percent true” information about Warner Bros. and the DC Universe that would make people “lose their banana minds, and not in a good way.”

17 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

John Campea said in a YouTube video that he had heard “100 percent true” information about Warner Bros. and the DC Universe that would make people “lose their banana minds, and not in a good way.”

Very interesting and has piqued my interest. 

41 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Gyllenhaal is not Batman, at least not to me...maybe Hawkeye.

It's because he's not attractive enough.  Bale, Clooney, Affleck, Kilmer, Adam West...these were all male models playing Batman, but Gyllenhaal is much closer to average.

The major exception was Michael Keaton, and certainly everyone was surprised when he got the role, but he ended up crushing it with his performance.  From an acting perspective Keaton may be the very best Batman, but he didn't really have the look.  Turns out it probably doesn't matter all that much since all you can see in the costume is the chin, but you do see him out of costume so it does matter.

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

It's because he's not attractive enough.  Bale, Clooney, Affleck, Kilmer, Adam West...these were all male models playing Batman, but Gyllenhaal is much closer to average.

The major exception was Michael Keaton, and certainly everyone was surprised when he got the role, but he ended up crushing it with his performance.  From an acting perspective Keaton may be the very best Batman, but he didn't really have the look.  Turns out it probably doesn't matter all that much since all you can see in the costume is the chin, but you do see him out of costume so it does matter.

I get that, lol...but I was disappointed in Kilmer (who I loved in Tombstone) ...and I agree, Keaton, who is not a male model was great.

Never liked Adam West in those dumb PJ's, he was not the REAL Batman;)