• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2018 at 3:52 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Or, the right "type" of old. As in, he may actually be around the same age now as Bale was when he was cast, but they're different body types

Different body types?  The most distinctive thing about the differences in their bodies is how extremely similar they are--same height, same body frame.

19 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

Noting the job he did in Waco, I'd like to see Taylor Kitsch become Bruce Wayne/Batman.  I do not think he'd do it though.

hm

I've really been enjoying Waco. Very well done, with a solid cast.

Matt Reeves’ ‘The Batman’ Won’t Go Into Production Until 2019

Heroic Hollywood has learned that Matt Reeves’ Batman movie won’t go into production until 2019.

After rumors recently ran amok that Matt Reeves would depart The Batman and the director officially put an end to it, it appears we have some information as to what stage of production DC Films and Reeves are at on the film. We learned that the movie will not begin production until 2019 and it makes sense as DC Films currently has 3 films set to shoot this year. Shazam! is currently filming, while the Wonder Woman sequel and Todd Phillips’ Joker origin story are set to begin filming later this year.

The 2019 production date may or may not dishearten fans because it means The Batman  probably won’t be released until 2020 or 2021. On one hand, it appears Reeves is taking his time to make the film well worth the wait, while on the other it will have been 8-9 years since the last solo Batman film.

When a fan asked him how things were coming along, Reeves replied:

And that means something, because Reeves is under no obligation to offer these kinds of updates. This wasn’t a formal interview, and the person asking the question doesn’t work for a site or news outlet.There was simply no reason at all for Reeves to offer this very optimistic update unless it’s true. So this indicates that those talks went really well, and he’s happy with the way things are moving.

That’s great news for Batman fans, and for folks wondering about the status of The Batman. And, as someone who was clued in about those discussions, I’m happy to hear that it all worked out. I may not think Reeves is the only choice to direct this film, as others seem to, but I know that the Dark Knight is in incredibly capable hands with him.

According to the rumor I heard, Matt Reeves’ story is about how Bruce deals with the death of Jason Todd. That doesn’t mean that we’re getting “A Death in the Family” on the big screen, or The Red Hood (that’s probably a sequel), but instead how a younger Bruce Wayne deals with being responsible for a death of a Robin.

Jason Todd being dead in the DCEU is well established. We saw his costume in Batman V Superman, and Suicide Squad revealed that Harley was an accomplice in his death at the hands of The Joker. So that’s some history for Batman, and rewinding the clock a bit to when that loss is fresh on the mind of Bruce will give The Batman a new thing to deal with instead of the “my parents are dead” internet meme.

It’s just a rumor for now, but one that makes me excited for The Batman. “A Death in the Family” was one of the first comics I ever read and what happened to Jason Todd gave Bruce a whole new element to his character that definitely impacted how things went with Tim Drake in the 90s.

On 4/3/2018 at 3:28 PM, Bosco685 said:

And that means something, because Reeves is under no obligation to offer these kinds of updates. This wasn’t a formal interview, and the person asking the question doesn’t work for a site or news outlet.There was simply no reason at all for Reeves to offer this very optimistic update unless it’s true. So this indicates that those talks went really well, and he’s happy with the way things are moving.

Reeves response means absolutely nothing.  That's a case of some blogger reading way too much into absolutely nothing.  Whether Reeves is obligated to respond or not is irrelevant.  Of course someone is going to shed a positive light on their work.  Chances are he was quickly scrolling through his tweets and decided to respond to that one just to be nice.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.

Ben Affleck Calls Young Batman Fan In Hospice Care

Batman star Ben Affleck has reached out to a terminally ill super fan of the Dark Knight.

Earlier this week, Shazam! star Zachary Levi reached out to Affleck and late night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel to signal boost the story of Mukuta, a young boy afflicted with a rare form of cancer called cholangiocarcinoma.

The Twitter page for Hospice Atlanta reported Thursday Mukuta had received a FaceTime call from the Justice League star, who can be seen sporting a big smile as he speaks with Mukuta and his family. Last February, the actor made a surprise visit to a Los Angeles children's hospital where he visited young fans.

Affleck has been tentatively attached to star in director Matt Reeves' upcoming The Batman, the first solo vehicle for this version of the character in the shared DC Extended Universe.

Edited by Bosco685

The Ben Affleck kindness continues with that poor boy suffering from terminal cancer. Especially since he is a refugee with a divided family.

Ben Affleck Surprises A Young Fan Suffering From Terminal Cancer With A Call From BATMAN

Affleck, who is currently filming Netflix's Triple Frontier in Hawaii, made a very special FaceTime call to Mukuta on Thursday afternoon and while the young fan didn't immediately recognize him because of his massive beard, his perplexion quickly turned to jubilation when he realized he was on the phone with Bruce Wayne. 

Affleck's kind heart didn't stop there either as after learning more about Mukuta's story and that his mother was unable to travel to the hospital in Atlanta from Zimbabwe, he graciously pledged to help reunite the mother and son by paying for her flight and travel expenses. 

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:25 AM, Bosco685 said:

No. Absolutely no. He can be "down" to play Batman all he likes, but no. Have I said "no" yet? No.