• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Good info to know about Green Lantern, but if you are a big-time actor like Armie Hammer what role would you want Hal Jordan Green Lantern or Bruce Wayne Batman? Getting the role of Batman is going to be more acclaimed and lucrative. It`s up there with playing James Bond. I think Hammer would pass on Green Lantern if he could get the Batman role.

Y'know, some people's favorite hero is Green Lantern, and not Superman or Batman.

IIRC, Green Lantern is his favorite DC hero. So that could play a part in his decision.

I know that if I were an actor, I would play a better villain than a hero, despite the fact that being a hero is more lucrative.

Edited by TwoPiece
Poor English.

12 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Y'know, some people's favorite hero is Green Lantern, and not Superman or Batman.

IIRC, Green Lantern is his favorite DC hero. So that could play a part in his decision.

I know that if I were an actor, I would play a better villain than a hero, despite the fact that being a hero is more lucrative.

Good point, but Batman is DC`s most lucrative hero. The toy action figures sales alone could make someone bank if they sign the right contracts.

Just now, ComicConnoisseur said:

Good point, but Batman is DC`s most lucrative hero. The toy action figures sales alone could make someone bank if they sign the right contracts.

More lucrative than Superman..? Isn't Superman DC's 1A hero? Or are we talking strictly movies (of which, obviously, they've made more involving Batman than Supes recently and overall).

I don't want to see Armie Hammer as Batman.

I know he was already cast back in George Miller's 2009 Justice League project, but I think he's too milquetoast - only interesting work I've seen him do was his original break-out in The Social Network. Feel like it would be a George Clooney redux.

I'd like to see someone with more edge -- or even quirky features instead.

Michael Keaton worked because he was an atypical choice with slightly odd facial features.

Christian Bale worked largely because of the baggage audiences brought with him from his role in American Psycho -- although no one knew it at the time, I think it ultimately served as his audition for Batman because Bruce Wayne = just a slight twist on Patrick Bateman.

Examples of more interesting choices? Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, or The Rock.

10 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I know he was already cast back in George Miller's 2009 Justice League project, but I think he's too milquetoast - only interesting work I've seen him do was his original break-out in The Social Network. Feel like it would be a George Clooney redux.

Michael Keaton worked because he was an atypical choice with slightly odd facial features.

Christian Bale worked largely because of the baggage audiences brought with him from his role in American Psycho -- although no one knew it at the time, I think it ultimately served as his audition for Batman because Bruce Wayne = just a slight twist on Patrick Bateman.

Examples of more interesting choices? Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, or The Rock.

You want Magneto, Professor X, or Black Adam to be Batman..?

16 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

You want Magneto, Professor X, or Black Adam to be Batman..?

Sure.

Because each of those actors is inherently interesting in a way that say...Alden Eherenreich / Jai Courtney / Sam Worthington / Ansel Elgort are not.

Wasn't thinking in those terms, but I feel like that's not so different than say...

Hannibal King as Green Lantern as Deadpool.

or

The Human Torch as Captain America.

or

Jonah Hex as Thanos as Cable

or

Batman as The Vulture

or

Daredevil as Batman

or

Bane as Venom

10 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Sure.

Because each of those actors is inherently interesting in a way that say...Alden Eherenreich / Jai Courtney / Sam Worthington / Ansel Elgort are not.

Wasn't thinking in those terms, but I feel like that's not so different than say...

Hannibal King as Green Lantern as Deadpool.

or

The Human Torch as Captain America.

or

Jonah Hex as Thanos as Cable

or

Batman as The Vulture

or

Daredevil as Batman

or

Bane as Venom

Dwayne Johnson is out of the question, though, since he's already a Worlds of DC character.

36 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Dwayne Johnson is out of the question, though, since he's already a Worlds of DC character.

i agree with that. The Rock is already a well known action hero. It be like Ben Affleck all over again in that we be thinking this is a good Rock movie and not a good Batman movie. They need someone who is not a well-known actor for the role and someone in their early to mid- 30s.

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

I think he would be perfect. Only 32 years old. Thought he played Lone Ranger very well, plus he has the face of a super hero. lol.

Image result for Armie Hammer  lone ranger

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

6 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

i agree with that. The Rock is already a well known action hero. It be like Ben Affleck all over again in that we be thinking this is a good Rock movie and not a good Batman movie. They need someone who is not a well-known actor for the role and someone in their early to mid- 30s.

I'm confused by your response. Have you been day drinking?

The Rock has already been cast for Black Adam, who's an anti-hero/villain to Shazam. So he's already a part of the Worlds of DC continuity...

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I'm confused by your response. Have you been day drinking?

The Rock has already been cast for Black Adam, who's an anti-hero/villain to Shazam. So he's already a part of the Worlds of DC continuity...

Black Adam is a unknown hero/villian to the public, while Batman is iconic.

When I watched Ben Affleck Batman I felt I was watching a Ben Affleck movie and not a Batman movie. Same thing would happen again if Rock played Batman it would feel more like a Rock movie than a Batman movie.

Now with Rock playing Black Adam it wouldn't affect that much because I think maybe I have read less than five Black Adam comics in my lifetime.

Most of mainstream I bet have never read one Black Adam comic book That`s a big difference than Batman. Also, when the Rock plays Black Adam most people will be going to see the new Rock movie than will go to see the new Black Adam movie.

A similar thing will happen when with Vin Diesel the Blood Shot movie where more people will be going to that as the new Vin Diesel movie and not as the Bloodshot movie.

Batman needs a actor who will not over power the role.

3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Armie Hammer looks more like a Hal Jordan to me.

I haven't followed this much, but what does this all mean for the universe that DC is trying to create?  Are they re-booting?  How will it fit in to Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman and Henry Cavill's Superman?

Fingers-crossed that Affleck will be interested in doing Batman Beyond and pass the torch in-film. I'm not sure if that will be the case, though. It would be in the best interest for the studio and fans for this to happen.

3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I haven't followed this much, but what does this all mean for the universe that DC is trying to create?  Are they re-booting?  How will it fit in to Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman and Henry Cavill's Superman?

Fingers-crossed that Affleck will be interested in doing Batman Beyond and pass the torch in-film. I'm not sure if that will be the case, though. It would be in the best interest for the studio and fans for this to happen.

4 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Stand alone movies now. Not following the Marvel formula anymore. Universal monsters is doing that as well.

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Black Adam is a unknown hero/villian to the public, while Batman is iconic.

When I watched Ben Affleck Batman I felt I was watching a Ben Affleck movie and not a Batman movie. Same thing would happen again if Rock played Batman it would feel more like a Rock movie than a Batman movie.

Now with Rock playing Black Adam it wouldn't affect that much because I think maybe I have read less than five Black Adam comics in my lifetime.

Most of mainstream I bet have never read one Black Adam comic book That`s a big difference than Batman. Also, when the Rock plays Black Adam most people will be going to see the new Rock movie than will go to see the new Black Adam movie.

A similar thing will happen when with Vin Diesel the Blood Shot movie where more people will be going to that as the new Vin Diesel movie and not as the Bloodshot movie.

Batman needs a actor who will not over power the role.

That's... Interesting...

1 minute ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Stand alone movies now. Not following the Marvel formula anymore. Universal monsters is doing that as well.

That's kinda a shame.  Gadot/Cavill are wonderful in their respective roles given good writing.  All they needed was to find a Batman/Bruce Wayne and they could have at least given fans a good Trinity movie.

4 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

More lucrative than Superman..? Isn't Superman DC's 1A hero? Or are we talking strictly movies (of which, obviously, they've made more involving Batman than Supes recently and overall).

Batman is far more lucrative than Superman. When they made the Man of Steel action figures they sat there all summer and had to be clearanced.

I think I read somewhere were Spider-Man and Batman are two hottest ips in all of comics when it comes to merchandising.

1 minute ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Batman is far more lucrative than Superman. When they made the Man of Steel action figures they sat there all summer and had to be clearanced.

I think I read somewhere were Spider-Man and Batman are two hottest ips in all of comics when it comes to merchandising.

I guess you're right. Spider-Man and Batman are the Top 2. Wolverine and Superman are supposedly 3 and 4, though.

Superman will always be #1 in my heart, though.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

I guess you're right. Spider-Man and Batman are the Top 2. Wolverine and Superman are supposedly 3 and 4, though.

Superman will always be #1 in my heart, though.

Superman will always be number one in my heart if it`s the Christopher Reeve version, until they can recapture that magic again it be Batman number one for now.

image.jpeg.f22969f28969ca723521cfb60f14a0a0.jpeg