• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

When someone is 6'4" tall and the other is 6'5" tall, at some point folks just admit those are two tall dudes.

Though in playing a younger Affleck Batman, this would be him before all the physical wear and tear from years of fighting Gotham's battles.

I just don't understand the "towering over Superman" comment(s). That's kinda why Snyder wanted Affleck as Batman. He wanted somebody to look imposing lol.

I still don't like the idea of Hammer as Wayne. But, some people didn't think Affleck could pull it off. I was one of the few that could see it, though. Just let Hammer be Hal Jordan already.

I find it funny that somewhere way back in this thread, I had an argument with another poster that this film, would not hit till at least 2020. They insisted it would be out in 2018 or 2019. Now it looks to be moving forward but is likely a 2021 or 2022 release.

8 minutes ago, drotto said:

I find it funny that somewhere way back in this thread, I had an argument with another poster that this film, would not hit till at least 2020. They insisted it would be out in 2018 or 2019. Now it looks to be moving forward but is likely a 2021 or 2022 release.

Has anyone told you how incredible you are?

:foryou:

Been years since I saw Chinatown.

'The Batman': Director Matt Reeves Hints at 'Chinatown' Inspiration

Batman is often referred to as the "World's Greatest Detective," though not all Batman stories depict the Caped Crusader discovering clues and following leads to get to the bottom of a mystery. Director Matt Reeves, however, aims to bring back that element of the character with his vision of The Batman. The film has regularly been described as being a younger interpretation of the character, with Reeves recently teasing fans on Twitter about how Roman Polanski's Chinatown could be an influence on the upcoming adventure. With Chinatown being considered by many to be one of the best noir films of all time, this will surely delight Batman fans.

The Polanski film has come up in various reports about the tone of the new movie, causing one fan to directly ask Reeves if The Batman would be influenced by Chinatown, to which Reeves replied, "I watched it at [Warner Bros.] before writing... (For the one millionth time; what a great movie.)"

In Chinatown, Jack Nicholson plays a private investigator who believes he has been hired to confirm a husband's infidelity, only for the man to turn up dead and spark a tangled web of lies involving corrupt city governments and family secrets.

There might not be any super-heroics in Chinatown, but there are plenty of twists and turns in the narrative that all end up coming together in the film's finale. Reeves will likely offer a much more stylized detective story than the Polanski film, though we can likely expect an elaborate and calculated plot as opposed to Bruce Wayne merely confronting thugs in dark alleys.

Richard Madden got his big break as Rob Stark on HBO’s Game of Thrones back in 2011. The actor is best known on Game of Thrones for going out in one of the most iconic moments of the whole series, season three’s Red Wedding. Richard Madden has had a number of roles since his departure from the series and now his name is being thrown around by DC fans as a great choice to be Ben Affleck’s Batman replacement on the big screen.

Ben Affleck debuted his Batman in 2016’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Earlier this year, to the chagrin of many DC fans, Ben Affleck stepped down as the role of Batman in the DC Extended Universe. This left fans wondering who would play the Dark Knight in Matt Reeves’ upcoming movie The Batman, with many fans naming Richard Madden as a worthy successor.

Thanks to talented artist BFHDesigns via Instagram, fans can get a look at what the Game of Thrones star could look like as Ben Affleck’s Batman replacement.

Hmm. I would have never considered him. But in the Bodyguard, he seems to have a huge fanbase. Looks to be intense.

I doubt that Madden is in consideration due to his height. He is just as tall as Ezra Miller, which means Gal Gadot will look down on him in heels, let alone Mamoa or Cavill (or whoever plays Supes next). John Hamm is a better pick from a physical perspective.

A couple of months ago I got a hot tip about who was having advanced discussions for the role of the Dark Knight in Matt Reeves’ The Batman. I had a primary source who had been correct with countless other bits of intel. I had two additional insiders who’d heard very similar things. And I was told that the news of Hammer’s impending signing was starting to spread, so if I wanted to bag the biggest exclusive ever, I’d have to “run it now.”

So now here we are, a little over two months later and the internet is ablaze with rumors that we may finally get a definitive answer on who will be the next cinematic Batman. Naturally, folks have been asking me the same question these last few days: “Do you still think it’s Hammer? Do you stand by your story?“

And my answer is, simply: Yes.

I know there are plenty of intriguing rumors out there, and that a lot of the folks I mentioned were “in contention” earlier this year still seem to be making the rounds today. But you should know that I have yet to hear anything different on my end, and that I think names like Nicholas Hoult and Aaron Taylor-Johnson have been screen tested- but for a villain. Not Batman.

Though I also have to admit something to you, dear reader:

I haven’t been keeping tabs lately.

See, I’m not a journalist. Never have been. I’m just a passionate dude with too much time on his hands while his kids are at school, who’s had the privilege of adding this really fun side project to my life for the last 5+ years. This glorified hobby has led to experiences like flying to London to interview Michael Fassbender on the 007 soundstage at Pinewood, having people like Mark Millar and Mark Waid on my weekly podcast, seeing movies and having access to materials way ahead of the general public, and- above all else- making a ton of wonderful friends and connections along the way.

So if I blew this, or if I was given faulty intel, so be it.

On 4/15/2019 at 2:05 PM, kimik said:

I doubt that Madden is in consideration due to his height. He is just as tall as Ezra Miller, which means Gal Gadot will look down on him in heels, let alone Mamoa or Cavill (or whoever plays Supes next). John Hamm is a better pick from a physical perspective.

John Hamm is pushing fifty and would be great for a DKR role but Hammer is perfect. Not even 35 yet and is taller than Hamm. He could carry the film mantle for a decade if he knocks it out of the park.