• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Stop it.  Is DC trying to destroy the comic book movie market?  Are they just going "alright, we can't make movies better than Marvel so we'll just throw out ones until people get sick and tired of comic book movies."

Are you Frkin' serious?

Is someone intentionally sabotaging Worlds of DC?

I will never consider watching Batman if Pattinson is Bruce Wayne.

I did a quick Google check. Pattinson is 1.85 cm tall, or just over 6 feet tall. Compared to the other DC heroes, he would be shorter than both Jason Momoa at 6'4" and Zachary Levi at 6'3". He's taller than Ezra Miller who is 5'11". Gal Gadot is 5'10", but with heels on her boots, she would be at eye level with Pattinson or a little taller. 

Edit: Forgot to add that Henry Cavill is only 6'1". So he could look Supes right in the eyes. Also, Michael Keaton is only 5'9" and never had the full head of dreamy hair Pattinson could grow.

Edited by MetaHuman

13 minutes ago, MetaHuman said:

I did a quick Google check. Pattinson is 1.85 cm tall, or just over 6 feet tall. Compared to the other DC heroes, he would be shorter than both Jason Momoa at 6'4" and Zachary Levi at 6'3". He's taller than Ezra Miller who is 5'11". Gal Gadot is 5'10", but with heels on her boots, she would be at eye level with Pattinson or a little taller. 

Edit: Forgot to add that Henry Cavill is only 6'1". So he could look Supes right in the eyes. Also, Michael Keaton is only 5'9" and never had the full head of dreamy hair Pattinson could grow.

When Snyder wanted Ben Affleck, and I know it's more-related to TDKR and not your everyday Batman, but he wanted his Batman to be "physically imposing to Superman" by way of height/weight (because Affleck is 6'4").

I think this Batman trilogy is supposed to be an inclusive event? Like Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. I just don't think it's a good idea since they've already fleshed-out the Justice League.

Like a lot of other people, I've been over movie Batman for a while, so I don't care that much. But I think Robert Pattinson is actually a decent choice. He gets too much unfair flack for the awful Twilight series which he himself hated. Apparently he's better in his other movies which I've never seen. He looks the part, anyway, whatever that is. 

robert-pattinsons-officially-cast-as-batman-in-the-new-matt-reeves-2021-solo-dc-movie.jpg

12 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

He's not that much better in other movies.

He's a mediocre actor. Batman deserves much better than that.

Although he is far from being on the top of my Batman actor list, I have to trust in Matt Reeves as the producer, screenwriter and director. He's not a lightweight when it comes to producing solid films.

There must be something there that he is at the top of the list. Though it will be interesting if then Reeves selects someone else.

HATERS GON HATE

Man I’m sick of the internet already today. Good for Rob for accepting this challenge. I think he’s a great actor. Opinions are opinions. People see him and think Twilight or Harry Potter and start fan boy crying. Get over it.

“I’m gonna boycott this movie.” :roflmao:Grow up.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Although he is far from being on the top of my Batman actor list, I have to trust in Matt Reeves as the producer, screenwriter and director. He's not a lightweight when it comes to producing solid films.

There must be something there that he is at the top of the list. Though it will be interesting if then Reeves selects someone else.

Good people make bad decisions all the time.

We don't need another The Last Jedi on our hands...

1 minute ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

HATERS GON HATE

Man I’m sick of the internet already today. Good for Rob for accepting this challenge. I think he’s a great actor. Opinions are opinions. People see him and think Twilight or Harry Potter and start fan boy crying. Get over it.

“I’m gonna boycott this movie.” :roflmao:Grow up.

Take your own advice.

Why are you here if you're "sick of the internet"?

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Good people make bad decisions all the time.

We don't need another The Last Jedi on our hands...

'Chug...chug...chug. This bat milk straight from the tap is refreshing!'

emotion03.gif.c6a8f940f82972c06ce4938d414f707e.gif

:baiting:

I also think fan folks historically have taken the casting of Batman way too seriously. I mean, it actually doesn't take that much to play Batman. Just play brooding and gloomy, lighten up a bit when play acting as Bruce Wayne and you've got it. The actor who put the most nuance into his performance as Batman is actually Adam West, with Michael Keaton a close second. The villains are the ones who actually need more thought with casting, imo. With Batman movies, I think it's all about who is making the movie. 

Just now, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Bro, I thought we were buds and you gotta say something like this. 

We can be buds and disagree.

I think your reaction is a little crass. I don't like this rumor/casting at all. I think Batman deserves better.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

We can be buds and disagree.

I think your reaction is a little crass. I don't like this rumor/casting at all. I think Batman deserves better.

Ok, you’re right, we might just disagree. Batman is my all time favorite character and I have been anticipating this announcement for a long time. As for “deserving better” I would have needed to be in that casting room and saw everyone’s audition to really have an informed perspective on which actor deserves the role the most. To me, the best Batman was already cast, which was Michael Keaton. So I’m not looking for anyone to be the best, I guess. Just something new. Of all the rumors I’ve seen nothing has really turned me off. Perhaps I’m just easier to please in this category. And I’m not a hater. :cool: