• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

On 5/17/2019 at 8:56 AM, MetaHuman said:

I did a quick Google check. Pattinson is 1.85 cm tall, or just over 6 feet tall. Compared to the other DC heroes, he would be shorter than both Jason Momoa at 6'4" and Zachary Levi at 6'3". He's taller than Ezra Miller who is 5'11". Gal Gadot is 5'10", but with heels on her boots, she would be at eye level with Pattinson or a little taller. 

Edit: Forgot to add that Henry Cavill is only 6'1". So he could look Supes right in the eyes. Also, Michael Keaton is only 5'9" and never had the full head of dreamy hair Pattinson could grow.

Pretty sure Matt Reeves version of Batman won't be meeting the Cavill Superman.

13 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I'm old enough to remember the absolute hate when they announced Michael Keaton as Batman.

The point?

You never know until you see the final performance.

An old Keaton petition has been floating around the past few days. Man, they did not like that news.

batman_petitoon01.PNG.3f46d730e9328acb8ec9a85032604cd5.PNG

41 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I'm old enough to remember the absolute hate when they announced Michael Keaton as Batman.

And don't forget the internet vitriol at pretty boy Heath Ledger's being cast as the Joker.

The way I look at it, pre-Bale the casting successes and failures were counter-intuitive.

Keaton (then primarily known as a comedian) was not an obvious choice and fans revolted.

I really like Val Kilmer as an actor and thought he'd be stellar. Not so much. While most of Batman Forever wasn't his fault, he was still bland and unmemorable in the role.

Then Clooney's casting announcement was a god-send -- the perfect choice! Until the film itself. Not only was it absolutely horrible, but Clooney himself bombed. He never looked comfortable in the role or in his surroundings and seemed unsure of how to modulate the serious aspects of the story with the camp. Ironically, I think Clooney would do a much better job as an older DKR-style Batman now, given how much he's grown as an actor over the last 20+ years. Take his character from Michael Clayton, make him 10% more ruthless, and he'd be golden.

But back in the '90s? Where Kilmer was simply forgettable, Clooney was actively bad in the roles of Wayne and Batman.

The point?

You never know until you see the final performance.

After watching From Dusk to Dawn I had complete confidence that Clooney would be great in the role! lol

17 hours ago, Agent 007 said:

DC will never produce movies like MARVEL in quality.

They already have with Nolan’s Dark Knight which is above any comic book film Marvel, DC or otherwise. The question is when will they do it again? I’m not holding my breath so I’m waiting for Marvel to make something on par with Dark Knight. Winter Soldier is the only thing that’s impressed me so far. Other Marvel flicks have been good fun but Winter Soldier is the bar.

14 minutes ago, Oddball said:

They already have with Nolan’s Dark Knight which is above any comic book film Marvel, DC or otherwise. The question is when will they do it again? I’m not holding my breath so I’m waiting for Marvel to make something on par with Dark Knight. Winter Soldier is the only thing that’s impressed me so far. Other Marvel flicks have been good fun but Winter Soldier is the bar.

The Nolan films are great, no doubt. Batman Begins is my favorite of the 3, but I wouldn't say they're the best for me personally. Batman, Batman Returns, Iron Man, CA, BP, and a few others woud top my list before them.

1 minute ago, Hawkman said:

The Nolan films are great, no doubt. Batman Begins is my favorite of the 3, but I wouldn't say they're the best for me personally. Batman, Batman Returns, Iron Man, CA, BP, and a few others woud top my list before them.

Oh I love Burtons Batman but that’s nostalgia talking for me. Has a special place in my heart but Dark Knight just transcends its genre and becomes a top tier crime Neo-Noir film. Iron Man was great except the weak end battle and Black Panther was on par with at least four other good Marvel movies in the top half of the pack. 

I love the Pattinson choice more than ever today.

low expectations and people will eat crow 

what’s the worse that can happen, that they will be right???

Anything less than Marvel making this movie will have everyone’s panties in a bunch

UPDATE (5/18/2019)

According to CNN, a Warner Bros. representative told the news network the following in regards to Robert Pattinson being cast as Batman:

“We do not have a deal.”

BOF can confirm that this is indeed the case through information obtained from three unrelated sources. While Pattinson is the front-runner and apparently their guy, others remain in contention.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:41 AM, Agent 007 said:

DC will never produce movies like MARVEL in quality.

As you clearly possess a time machine can you tell me next weeks lottery numbers?

12 hours ago, Oddball said:

Actually the Nolan Dark Knight was my top super hero movie of all time, until I saw Avengers : Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame.

:foryou:

:fear:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur