• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

These comments show how Man of Steel and BvS Ultimate are ridiculously underrated.

They're both better than the majority of MCU films.

Unfortunately WB can't go back in time and undo its meddling in the Batman V Superman and Justice League releases.

But at least with BvS we ended up with the Ultimate Cut to experience what was planned. A really intense Elseworlds story that people took offense to before realizing the overall intention.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately WB can't go back in time and undo its meddling in the Batman V Superman and Justice League releases.

But at least with BvS we ended up with the Ultimate Cut to experience what was planned. A really intense Elseworlds story that people took offense to before realizing the overall intention.

Maybe, one day when I'm 91 years old or something, we'll get the Justice League Snyder Cut.

Then I'll be able to rest and die.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

emotion01.gif.9cf1b35bf3a73f6fc329074d4f05c8e4.gif

:baiting:

But no decision yet.

Ha ha! WB must be gun shy and may actually be waivering on the Pattinson decision because of all the misguided backlash from fanboys who think they know everything.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

14 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Ha ha! WB must be gun shy and may actually be waivering on the Pattinson decision because of all the misguided backlash from fanboys who think they know everything.

Matt Reeves is the producer, director and screenwriter on this film. I'm sure he will move at the pace he sees as appropriate.

On 5/18/2019 at 11:06 PM, paperheart said:

Pattison can act; he was pretty great in Good Time but 6 villains (if that's to be believed) is a giant red flag.

It`s also a great business move if they want a younger mainstream audience involved.

This would be akin to hiring Leonardo DiCaprio after Titanic in the 1997-2000 period.

Batman is going to now be opened up to a whole new audience of fans.

I expect a big time backlash from old time die hard Batman fans just like what we saw with the last two Star Wars movies.

Should be interesting debates.

:popcorn:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

It`s also a great business move if they want a younger mainstream audience involved.

This would be akin to hiring Leonardo DiCaprio after Titanic in the 1997-2000 period.

Batman is going to now be opened up to a whole new audience of fans.

I expect a big time backlash from old time die hard Batman fans just like what we saw with the last two Star Wars movies.

Should be interesting debates.

:popcorn:

Seems like a reach.  The other two from the high school angst girl-vampire-werewolf sex trio have faded into obscurity, is the Twilight audience really going to cross over to Batman because of this guy?  

No matter what the movie would probably pull average superhero numbers, because Batman, but at best all any cross over former teenie boppers will do is make up the ticket sales that were lost from the old guard who stay home.

9 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Seems like a reach.  The other two from the high school angst girl-vampire-werewolf sex trio have faded into obscurity, is the Twilight audience really going to cross over to Batman because of this guy?  

No matter what the movie would probably pull average superhero numbers, because Batman, but at best all any cross over former teenie boppers will do is make up the ticket sales that were lost from the old guard who stay home.

I guarantee the next Batman movie with Matt Reeves will do 1 Billion dollars box office.

yep, a lot of die hard old time Batman fans wiil not be happy with Pattison but it will do at least a billion.

Hollywood wants a mainstream modern audience.

14 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I guarantee the next Batman movie with Matt Reeves will do 1 Billion dollars box office.

yep, a lot of die hard old time Batman fans wiil not be happy with Pattison but it will do at least a billion.

Honestly it wouldn’t shock me.  Avatar sucked and still made a gazillion dollars, so Hollywood could probably find a way to make bank on Twilight: The Batman Saga too.  

Now that I’ve said this, Disney is probably going to cast Taylor Lautner as Wolverine.  And I’ll throw a bottle of Jack Daniel’s at the TV.  Empty of course.

9 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Not if Pattinson is Bruce Wayne...

6 hours ago, Batman said:

But... Robert Pattinson? Decision/no decision, rumour/joke... ROBERT PATTINSON?!

I know. I'm not a fan either. :foryou:

But if you are only familiar with him from Twilight (I'm there with you), this is bad. Reading what others write about his follow-on performances, there could be something there.

Matt Reeves really loves the Batman comics. So that is my fallback safety net right now it's all going to be okay. :wishluck:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I know. I'm not a fan either. :foryou:

But if you are only familiar with him from Twilight (I'm there with you), this is bad. Reading what others write about his follow-on performances, there could be something there.

Matt Reeves really loves the Batman comics. So that is my fallback safety net right now it's all going to be okay. :wishluck:

More than the director needs to "love" the comics for success.

A big part, IMO, why Affleck was a success is the love he shares with Snyder for Batman.

I won't be sold on Pattinson in the slightest. If he, himself, hates his roles (Twilight), I don't have any faith he'll put effort into his performance. Twilight isn't awful solely because of Pattinson, and it's probably his worst performance ever, but it's not like he's knocked it out of the park in any of his other movies.

40 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

More than the director needs to "love" the comics for success.

A big part, IMO, why Affleck was a success is the love he shares with Snyder for Batman.

I won't be sold on Pattinson in the slightest. If he, himself, hates his roles (Twilight), I don't have any faith he'll put effort into his performance. Twilight isn't awful solely because of Pattinson, and it's probably his worst performance ever, but it's not like he's knocked it out of the park in any of his other movies.

Matt Reeves is MORE than the director on the film. Which is why he pushed WB to make him the producer as well. So he has extensive creative control.

Now as much as I love the Ben Affleck Batman and how excited he was early on, he seemed to lose his way and confidence after Batman v Superman. Most probably due to the divisive reactions from a large audience.

Not sure what the future will bring. But again, for now I have to count on Reeves and his love of the character before any audience reactions taint his vision.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Matt Reeves is MORE than the director on the film. Which is why he pushed WB to make him the producer as well. So he has extensive creative control.

Now as much as I love the Ben Affleck Batman and how excited he was early on, he seemed to lose his way and confidence after Batman v Superman. Most probably due to the divisive reactions from a large audience.

Not sure what the future will bring. But again, for now I have to count on Reeves and his love of the character before any audience reactions taint his vision.

I understand the reach of Reeves' control, my man. That doesn't mean he's in universal control of everything, though.

I don't think there was any divisive reaction to Affleck's Batman. Most people seem to think he was the best part of BvS, of those who don't care for the movie. His 'meh' performance in Justice League seems to be a product of Snyder's absence and Whedon's influence (as with most things in that movie). He got all fat, and sad, and bad at sports.

Pattinson would be the very definition of "drek casting".

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I understand the reach of Reeves' control, my man. That doesn't mean he's in universal control of everything, though.

I don't think there was any divisive reaction to Affleck's Batman. Most people seem to think he was the best part of BvS, of those who don't care for the movie. His 'meh' performance in Justice League seems to be a product of Snyder's absence and Whedon's influence (as with most things in that movie). He got all fat, and sad, and bad at sports.

Pattinson would be the very definition of "drek casting".

I hear you. But then remember not only on here but also across all of social media you had videos like this thrown up as protest and jokes (Sad Affleck).

Did it wear on him?

At least he made a joke of it himself. But rather than seeing fans raving over his super performance, you had this popping up repeatedly.

Would anyone blame him for starting to question how a Batman solo film would work out, and if he would get more of the same?

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I hear you. But then remember not only on here but also across all of social media you had videos like this thrown up as protest and jokes (Sad Affleck).

Did it wear on him?

At least he made a joke of it himself. But rather than seeing fans raving over his super performance, you had this popping up repeatedly.

Would anyone blame him for starting to question how a Batman solo film would work out, and if he would get more of the same?

I think his famed "sadness" was the disappointment in the reception of Snyder's vision. I know Affleck had a lot of emotional stock in it (as do I). I would be surprised if he felt his individual performance was being heavily criticized.

This is why we need a :censored: Snyder Cut. I bet you his Batman was just as great in the Snyder Cut of Justice League.

I wanna have 'faith' in Reeves, but at this point with Worlds of DC seemingly in shambles (Affleck gone, seeming indecision of Cavill, etc), we need better than drek casting to rise interest in future productions. This isn't the MCU with tons of good will. This is a universe with tons of divisive, weird, and downright poor decision-making.