• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

More than the director needs to "love" the comics for success.

A big part, IMO, why Affleck was a success is the love he shares with Snyder for Batman.

I won't be sold on Pattinson in the slightest. If he, himself, hates his roles (Twilight), I don't have any faith he'll put effort into his performance. Twilight isn't awful solely because of Pattinson, and it's probably his worst performance ever, but it's not like he's knocked it out of the park in any of his other movies.

I thought Affleck was great in BvS but was poor in Justice League.

Just now, TwoPiece said:

The acting, or the character?

You can tell which scenes Whedon directed based on Ben's weight. lol

No doubt it was through the direction.

Affleck for me was the highlight of BvS and would have preferred to see him in a Batman film on his own. Justice League was a mess of a film, cut to shreds, tonally all over the place. 

Just now, bane said:

No doubt it was through the direction.

Affleck for me was the highlight of BvS and would have preferred to see him in a Batman film on his own. Justice League was a mess of a film, cut to shreds, tonally all over the place. 

I would have loved to see a Batman film written and directed by Affleck, even if he wasn't starring as Bruce Wayne.

Justice League was one of my most-anticipated movies of all-time. JL was my favorite comic cartoon for a long time. My mind was all Killmonger, "I waited my entire life for this", leading up to the movie. I was so torn when I saw it in theaters, and my heart has been broken ever since I found out Snyder was canned and he had no real control over the film after he allegedly "stepped back".

My life will never be complete without a Justice League Snyder Cut. It's one thing I don't think I'll ever be able to cross off my bucket list. It's sad.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I would have loved to see a Batman film written and directed by Affleck, even if he wasn't starring as Bruce Wayne.

Justice League was one of my most-anticipated movies of all-time. JL was my favorite comic cartoon for a long time. My mind was all Killmonger, "I waited my entire life for this", leading up to the movie. I was so torn when I saw it in theaters, and my heart has been broken ever since I found out Snyder was canned and he had no real control over the film after he allegedly "stepped back".

My life will never be complete without a Justice League Snyder Cut. It's one thing I don't think I'll ever be able to cross off my bucket list. It's sad.

It was meant to be two parts like the Avengers if memory serves correct? 

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Not if Pattinson is Bruce Wayne...

I will stand by my prediction. 1 billion at box office.

Because Pattinson has a huge following. A new fanbase is going to be introduced to Batman.

I see the Pattinson Batman movie as very controversial and this will create new interest.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Just now, ComicConnoisseur said:

Because Pattinson has a huge following. A new fanbase is going to be introduced to Batman.

I see the Pattinson move as very controversial and this will create new interest.

Interesting thing here is Bale was 31 when he did Batman Begins, Pattinson will be 34/35 by the time this Batman is released.

Are they going for a year one type story with a 35 year old Batman ?? And if we get a successful trilogy he would be over 40 by the end of it.

1 minute ago, bane said:

It was meant to be two parts like the Avengers if memory serves correct? 

3 parts, technically. Justice League 2 was going to have the heroes go to Apokolips to face Steppenwolf, only to find him dead at the hands of Darkseid. They would lose that battle. Justice League 3 was going to have Darkseid invade Earth and lose to an expansive Justice League (including Green Lantern, Blue Beetle, etc). Green Lantern and Jaime Reyes were supposed to cameo in Snyder's 2.5-hour cut of the film.

Justice League 3 was never supposed to be foreshadowed. We were intentionally led to believe it was only a 2-part story. Snyder wanted to 'surprise' us with Justice League 3 sometime after the 2nd one was produced and released.

5 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I see the Pattinson Batman movie as very controversial and this will create new interest.

Pattinson doesn't have a huge following.

His character in Twilight has a huge following.

There's a distinct difference.

I think you're wrong if he's cast as Batman.

3 minutes ago, bane said:

Interesting thing here is Bale was 31 when he did Batman Begins, Pattinson will be 34/35 by the time this Batman is released.

Are they going for a year one type story with a 35 year old Batman ?? And if we get a successful trilogy he would be over 40 by the end of it.

Pattinson at 34 though looks younger than Bale at 31.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Pattinson doesn't have a huge following.

His character in Twilight has a huge following.

There's a distinct difference.

I think you're wrong if he's cast as Batman.

It`s not about me, but Matt Reeves and I trust Matt Reeves judgement on this just like Burton picking Keaton.

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

It`s not about me, but Matt Reeves and I trust Matt Reeves judgement on this just like Burton picking Keaton.

Hasn't been confirmed that he's playing Batman, though.

Blind trust in Matt Reeves isn't a good thing IMO.

Good people make poor decisions all the time. Marvel Studios put fake metal teeth in Ultron's mouth, for 1 example.

24 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

To be fair, all of Justice League was poor.  The movie came off like it was The Avengers' insecure little brother who is trying way too hard to be cool.

Shocking.

emotion01.gif.6cc113930248adbd6a20cdee11d133ee.gif

27 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

To be fair, all of Justice League was poor.  The movie came off like it was The Avengers' insecure little brother who is trying way too hard to be cool.

That's excessive.

Joss Whedon directed most/all of The Avengers-ripoff stuff. Surprise! He also directed all of The Avengers and Age of Ultron! He has also stated that, "Steppenwolf is the worst comic book villain ever".

About half of Justice League was fun/good. WB and Whedon ruined a potentially great movie, though. And to think that I was actually hyped about Whedon taking over for Snyder... lol

The Parademon exploding to reveal blood in the shape of 3 Mother Boxes? All Whedon.

Steppenwolf talking like some creep to some "mother"? All Whedon.

Batman being a little suicidal :censored:? All Whedon.

Superman's 100% vomit-inspiring first 30-seconds video allegedly filmed by a couple kids before the movie started? All Whedon.

I gotta stop before I have to call a therapist...

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

That's excessive.

Joss Whedon directed most/all of The Avengers-ripoff stuff. Surprise! He also directed all of The Avengers and Age of Ultron! He has also stated that, "Steppenwolf is the worst comic book villain ever".

About half of Justice League was fun/good. WB and Whedon ruined a potentially great movie, though. And to think that I was actually hyped about Whedon taking over for Snyder... lol

The Parademon exploding to reveal blood in the shape of 3 Mother Boxes? All Whedon.

Steppenwolf talking like some creep to some "mother"? All Whedon.

Batman being a little suicidal :censored:? All Whedon.

Superman's 100% vomit-inspiring first 30-seconds video allegedly filmed by a couple kids before the movie started? All Whedon.

I gotta stop before I have to call a therapist...

That ending with Lois Lane reading her hero article went over really strong at my theater. People were clapping and cheering.

I would love to see that Snyder Cut one day.