• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

:insane:

Man, what a rough ending for sure.

"I'm finished!"

My all time favorite performance by an actor. I think it was recently voted best film so far this century (very subjective, I know, but I tend to agree).

Bastard from a basket! 

Edited by Foley

16 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Dano's okay, but I'm *far* less excited to see him as Riddler than I would have been to see Jonah Hill in the role.

Other than Matt Reeves himself, this seems really b-list.

To go from Bale / Caine / Hardy / Hathaway / Oldman to

Pattinson / Wright / Kravitz / Dano (so far)

It's just...uninspiring.

And this is Batman we're talking about. One of the undisputed most world-recognized comic book heroes. As A-List as it gets.

Are they just trying to get bare-minimum expectations from us or something?

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

And this is Batman we're talking about. One of the undisputed most world-recognized comic book heroes. As A-List as it gets.

Are they just trying to get bare-minimum expectations from us or something?

I think they accomplished that with the Pattinson announcement............

On 10/17/2019 at 2:19 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Dano's okay, but I'm *far* less excited to see him as Riddler than I would have been to see Jonah Hill in the role.

Other than Matt Reeves himself, this seems really b-list.

To go from Bale / Caine / Hardy / Hathaway / Oldman to

Pattinson / Wright / Kravitz / Dano (so far)

It's just...uninspiring.

You are also forgetting that Matt Reeves is directing.  Let's be honest, he's not A-list material. 

1 hour ago, D84 said:

You are also forgetting that Matt Reeves is directing.  Let's be honest, he's not A-list material. 

Neither were many directors that cut their teeth on superhero films, yet exploded afterwards as the go-to directors. Sam Raimi was seen as the funny and weird horror dude before he created one of the biggest superhero films of his time. And then followed it up with a massive sequel.

At least with Reeves you have Cloverfield and two solid Planet of the Apes films. I'm not familiar with his 'Let Me In' film, so can't comment on that.

21 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Neither were many directors that cut their teeth on superhero films, yet exploded afterwards as the go-to directors. Sam Raimi was seen as the funny and weird horror dude before he created one of the biggest superhero films of his time. And then followed it up with a massive sequel.

At least with Reeves you have Cloverfield and two solid Planet of the Apes films. I'm not familiar with his 'Let Me In' film, so can't comment on that.

I've seen all his movies and honestly, I only liked one of the Planet of the Apes films.  Everything else was okay at best.

Edited by D84

3 minutes ago, D84 said:

I've seen all his movies and honestly, I only liked one of the Planet of the Apes films.  Everything else was okay at best.

Well, I think Matt Reeves just needs to get a successful film under his belt.

• War for the Planet of the Apes, $490.7 (3.27X production budget)
  • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, $710.6M (4.18X production budget)
  • Cloverfield, $170.8M (6.83X production budget)

Wait. Nevermind.

:baiting:

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Well, I think Matt Reeves just needs to get a successful film under his belt.

• War for the Planet of the Apes, $490.7 (3.27X production budget)
  • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, $710.6M (4.18X production budget)
  • Cloverfield, $170.8M (6.83X production budget)

Wait. Nevermind.

:baiting:

Making money doesn't mean it will fit what I like.

42 minutes ago, D84 said:

Making money doesn't mean it will fit what I like.

But your statement of his not being an A-lister like every initial franchise film or a franchise relaunch has had this benefit missed the point there's a reason why WB granted him not only director credits with the Batman films, but also screenwriter and producer. He has a successful track record, whether you have liked his films or not.

Henry Cavill tried to get the producer credits on the next Man of Steel film, and WB walked away from the negotiations. That's telling it didn't do this with Reeves, but did with its Superman actor.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But your statement of his not being an A-lister like every initial franchise film or a franchise relaunch has had this benefit missed the point there's a reason why WB granted him not only director credits with the Batman films, but also screenwriter and producer. He has a successful track record, whether you have liked his films or not.

Henry Cavill tried to get the producer credits on the next Man of Steel film, and WB walked away from the negotiations. That's telling it didn't do this with Reeves, but did with its Superman actor.

A couple moderately successful films doesn't make a director an A-lister.

1 minute ago, D84 said:

A couple moderately successful films doesn't make a director an A-lister.

Did you read anywhere that I called him an A-lister?

Step back from trying to make yourself right here, and read it again.