• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

So will this movie be 9 hours long, or will each character that’s being crammed in be allotted only 4.7 minutes of total screen time apiece?

Hey, grandpa. So sorry someone woke you up too soon. Go back to sleep now.

emotion01.gif.c0078f8d843a1c8c3a3c4b15884f8878.gif

Just now, mattn792 said:

It’s a legit question.  How often does a smorgasbord cast actually lead to a decent movie?

• X-Men (2000)
  • X2 (2003)
  • Watchmen (2009)
  • X-Men: First Class (2011)
  • Marvel's Avengers (2012)
  • The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - huge casting
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  • There are films like Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War that at release people noted as 'greatest comic book film ever' until that luster wore off
  • Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
  • Avengers: Endgame (2019)

It happens more often than we realize.

Most every MCU movie you note had multiple prior movies feed into it, as did Dark Knight Rises.  

Guardians and X-Men are team-centric, so the comparison doesn’t hold.

As an outsider, Watchmen, while entertaining, made little sense to me overall due to the dearth of backstory.

Leaving Into the Spider-verse, which I didn’t care to see and won’t offer comment on.

I hope they work on the Batman cowl design. Since 1989 they have been going with the molded head that limits movement designed for the appearance more than function.

I am hoping for a combination molded detailed features on a fabric cowl design.

Want to see Bruce pull the fabric cowl off / on like he does in Batman: The Animated Series.

It can be done... will they?

51 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Most every MCU movie you note had multiple prior movies feed into it, as did Dark Knight Rises.  

Guardians and X-Men are team-centric, so the comparison doesn’t hold.

As an outsider, Watchmen, while entertaining, made little sense to me overall due to the dearth of backstory.

Leaving Into the Spider-verse, which I didn’t care to see and won’t offer comment on.

Oh, I know with the franchise films there were prior productions. And with team films they are after all large-scale character productions.

If you look at stories like The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Hush and even Batman: Earth One and Batman Earth One: Volume Two these are mass-character stories about the wider world around Bruce Wayne. Including characters like Superman, Joker, Riddler, Killer Croc, Two-Face and more.

Look at the Batman: Under the Hood (Under the Red Hood) arc. Not only did it have the primary character, but also Jason Todd/Red Hood, The Black Mask, Deathstroke, Captain Nazi, Hyena, Count Vertigo and Joker. Oh, and Ra's al Ghul and Talia too. Forgot about them.

Batman stories that stand out, at times, are widely populated with characters leaving the reader with loads of eye candy.

Edited by Bosco685
Added two characters

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:36 PM, Artboy99 said:

I hope they work on the Batman cowl design. Since 1989 they have been going with the molded head that limits movement designed for the appearance more than function.

I am hoping for a combination molded detailed features on a fabric cowl design.

Want to see Bruce pull the fabric cowl off / on like he does in Batman: The Animated Series.

It can be done... will they?

How about the daft bit in Batman Returns, where he has the cowl on with eye paint and they cut to just before he pulls the mask off and he has no eye paint.

On 11/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, Bosco685 said:
  • X-Men (2000)
  • X2 (2003)
  • Watchmen (2009)
  • X-Men: First Class (2011)
  • Marvel's Avengers (2012)
  • The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - huge casting
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  • There are films like Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War that at release people noted as 'greatest comic book film ever' until that luster wore off
  • Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
  • Avengers: Endgame (2019)

It happens more often than we realize.

Outside of TDKR - all of those are team-up movies. TDKR was a trilogy finale, though. Not a start-up...