• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

The suit does not look good, either. Like he's going to play quiddich or something. Looks like a little :censored:. Regardless of Pattinson - I was expecting that the suit itself would be good (like most of them have been).

You do realize it is a screen test video, right? Not the final product.

16 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Don't release it if it's not good, DC.

No offense meant, but you have been of the mindset this is going to be bad since Robert Pattinson was announced. And although I don't completely see the vision yet, Matt Reeves is an accomplished director and producer. So I have to put forth a little bit of faith he has best intent here since added to all this he is a Batman fanatic.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

No offense meant, but you have been of the mindset this is going to be bad since Robert Pattinson was announced. And although I don't completely see the vision yet, Matt Reeves is an accomplished director and producer. So I have to put forth a little bit of faith he has best intent here since added to all this he is a Batman fanatic.

Well, yeah, announcing cast of mediocre actor will do that.

Reeves has done literally nothing to impress me. This "teaser" does not change that.

Interesting. This casting and project continues to intrigue me. Farrell as Penguin baffles me the most. He can do crazy but like, between Devito (who did it very well) and Robin Taylor on Gotham, I just feel like really...another screen appearance for the Penguin?!? Why? What can Farrell do that neither of those two guys did, which was play a pasty white faced quirky character? I just don't see Penguin as a character you can do your own interpretation of and all interpretations of Penguin have been the same since the dawn of time. So unless they somehow change that, I am not excited to see it again, ya know?

44 minutes ago, Batman said:

Have to agree with Capra. That bat logo is a bit naff. And let's hope that suit is just a prototype.

Supposedly this is a very young Bruce Wayne/Batman. So much of the suit design will be early, raw efforts as the suit design matures throughout the film. Like with Netflix's Daredevil starting out with a street fighter design before we saw the traditional red costume.

BatmanYearTwo.thumb.jpg.7b57b164d9377f7903db07743233c81d.jpg

But I realize there will be folks wanting THEIR traditional Batman design right now. Give it to them! :sumo:

DC’s Detective Comics #1000 provides fans insight into how Robert Pattinson’s Caped Crusader might create the bat symbol in The Batman.

Yesterday, director Matt Reeves revealed the first official look at Robert Pattinson in costume as Batman through camera test footage. It wasn’t long before fans began suspecting the Batman symbol, which appeared to be made up of scraps of metal for Robert Pattinson’s costume, was repurposed from the gun that killed Bruce Wayne’s parents.

While it may seem like an odd decision, Detective Comics #1000 features a story titled “Manufacture For Use” by writer Kevin Smith and illustrator Jim Lee in which Batman does exactly that. In the comic, Batman visits an illegal pawns shop while disguised as “Matches Malone” and finds the gun Joe Chill used to murder his parents.

While Alfred is initially perplexed as to why Bruce Wayne would want to add the gun to his collection, Bruce Wayne explains that he intends to ensure the weapon will never hurt anyone again. After smelting the gun and forging it into the bat symbol on his Batman costume, Bruce Wayne tells Alfred, “So the metal that broke my heart as a child? That same metal will protect my heart as a man. And that is justice.”

Robert-Pattinson-The-Batman.jpg

If done right, this could be a very cool approach.

10 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

If done right, this could be a very cool approach.

They may want to consult a medical professional regarding the location of the heart and where the symbol is covering. Looks more like bronchial tubes/lungs to me unless his heart is moved more central.............

1 hour ago, kimik said:

They may want to consult a medical professional regarding the location of the heart and where the symbol is covering. Looks more like bronchial tubes/lungs to me unless his heart is moved more central.............

Well, they were concerned if they shifted the symbol slightly that would be a new complaint point for 'not my Batman'. (:

By the way, look at the spread of the Batman symbol.

N4SDR0dqTlGvvAyjoMnH_Location_of_heart_in_chest_cavity.thumb.png.ac28965e9694da1c160d79cf932eafad.png

Seems around where the symbol sits on the costume.

I guess I'm alone on this, but I really like the look. Except for Adam West, every live action Batman has looked like a robot. The cowl looks like what a youngish guy would create. I think it looks cool, especially for a test. 

11 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

So let's complain about the film consistently until the first real trailer comes out?

I'm not sure my complaints could be described as "consistent" but I'll give it a go ;)