• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Alcoholism isn't a joke.

No, it’s not. That’s my point. For someone who 1) has all the resources in the world and 2) plays make-believe for a living , falling on this sword seems in very bad taste. People in this world fall into the grips of this for a lot better reasons than “problems with playing Batman in the movies”. 

8 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

No, it’s not. That’s my point. For someone who 1) has all the resources in the world and 2) plays make-believe for a living , falling on this sword seems in very bad taste. People in this world fall into the grips of this for a lot better reasons than “problems with playing Batman in the movies”. 

He chose his mental health and family over the gruesome task of writing, acting, and directing Batman. I don't see where the "bad taste" is here TBH. He simply realized that he can't give The Batman everything it needed without losing himself and/or his family. He didn't want to half-ace both things. I commend him for that.

Sorry but I must respectfully disagree. I liked him a lot as Batman but he had a long history of being a dramatic person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.  And I must say... after seeing him on Bill Mahers show going off big time about things he clearly has no understanding of, my impression of him is sealed. He may be a very talented actor and director/ writer (the town was awesome) but he’s still just a Richard. 

1 minute ago, bentbryan said:

Sorry but I must respectfully disagree. I liked him a lot as Batman but he had a long history of being a dramatic person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.  And I must say... after seeing him on Bill Mahers show going off big time about things he clearly has no understanding of, my impression of him is sealed. He may be a very talented actor and director/ writer (the town was awesome) but he’s still just a Richard.

Most actors/actresses speak about :censored: when they should just keep their mouths shut. We agree on that.

Would you rather him half-ace Batman, though? I'd rather have Pattinson give it his full attention than Affleck phone it in.

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Most actors/actresses speak about :censored: when they should just keep their mouths shut. We agree on that.

Would you rather him half-ace Batman, though? I'd rather have Pattinson give it his full attention than Affleck phone it in.

Totally agree! 

18 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

He chose his mental health and family over the gruesome task of writing, acting, and directing Batman. I don't see where the "bad taste" is here TBH. He simply realized that he can't give The Batman everything it needed without losing himself and/or his family. He didn't want to half-ace both things. I commend him for that.

"Bad taste" is choosing the 18 year-old nanny over his wife and a traditional family life for the kids. Once a d-bag always a d-bag.