• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, The Brain said:

This might just be wild speculation,

but those appear to me to be weapons,

that can be thrown, for what effect I have no idea.

stop playing cute...is it wild speculation or not? :sumo:

2 hours ago, The Brain said:

This might just be wild speculation,

but those appear to me to be weapons,

that can be thrown, for what effect I have no idea.

They resemble crossbow bolts too much, and then also remind me too much of The Huntress.

Edited by Ken Aldred

11 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

They resemble crossbow bolts too much, and then also remind me too much of The Huntress.

I think you nailed it what we are looking at. But I wonder if it would be not to shoot at villains. But more to load into his grappling gun when necessary. Not everything can fold into that tiny utility belt in the real world.

Well, other than a can of shark repellent. :insane:

For a stunt suit I like it. I’m sure the final will be slicker. While I like the shape/outline of the bat symbol, I don’t like the details/design within it. I would rather have that same outline just filled in solid black. Finally, I can now see Pattinson's jaw works in the cowl. I’m looking forward to this.

3 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I hope this doesn't mean that Alfred will be an auto mechanic called "Big Al" . :/

15 Things You Never Knew About Darren Aronofsky’s Canceled Batman Movie

Darren Aronofksy’s Batman movie may have never even got to the point of casting, but it remains the stuff of legend among fans of the Dark Knight, with details and info on the doomed project having been teased by those involved in the years since. What we do know is that Aronofsky was working on a very different version of the Caped Crusader alongside renowned Batman writer and comic book visionary Frank Miller. And, if the stories are true, it would have been unlike any superhero movie fans have seen before or since.

The Batsuit, Batmobile, And Batcave Were Very Different

Darren-Aronofsky-Batman-concept-art.jpg?

Aronofsky and Miller kept things simple when it came to Bruce Wayne’s vigilante get-up, with the pair evidently eager to distance themselves from the merchandise-friendly look of Schumacher’s Batman & Robin, which included any number of Bat-related suits and vehicles clearly designed with toy manufacturers in mind.

The initial take on the Batsuit, for example, consisted of little more than a costume cape, some gloves lined with razor blades, and a hockey mask (though the -script would later see Bruce adopt a slightly more traditional suit, as glimpsed in the concept art above). Our hero's Batmobile was a beat up black Lincoln Continental with blacked out windows and a couple of bus engines under the hood. The Batcave, meanwhile, was a small abandoned part of the Gotham subway system that Wayne discovered and quickly set about turning into his HQ.

Though these additions were in-line with the gritty 1970s flavor Aronofsky was keen on, they may ultimately have played a part in the project failing to get off the ground, with execs always likely to be hesitant about a Batman project that didn’t allow for merchandizing opportunities.

Aronofsky Had One Actor In Mind For Batman

Joaquin-Phoenix-Batman-Year-One-Aronofsk

At some point after completing work on the -script for their Batman movie, Aronofsky was thought to have approached Christian Bale to play the part of the Caped Crusader. Or at least, that was what most fans were led to believe. That notion was upended this past week, when Aronofsky revealed in an interview with Yahoo that he had "always wanted Joaquin Phoenix for Batman."

The -script did call for an actor in his 20s, and Phoenix certainly fit the bill, having just come off the back of films like To Die For and Inventing the Abbotts, and just prior to his first major blockbuster role in Gladiator. He arguably would have been a better choice for the role than Bale, given the rough-and-ready approach Aronofsky and Miller took towards Bruce Wayne.

Interesting.