• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

Warner Bros. CEO Confirms Batman Standalone Film with Ben Affleck In Development

At the Warner Bros. panel at CinemaCon in Las Vegas Tuesday evening, CEO Kevin Tsujihara first took the stage to give a general rundown of upcoming movies from the studio. After saying they have "at least 10" DC Comics Movies, Tsujihara finally gave studio confirmation to a long-rumored product.

"We're working with Ben Affleck on a standalone Batman movie," the CEO announced.

This is the first confirmation from a Warner Bros. executive that the movie exists, though there have been little quotes and hints here and there about the film. The rumors that Affleck would be writing and starring in a Batman film, possibly directing as well, have been going almost since he was cast in the role. More recently, it was said that he and Geoff Johns, CCO of DC Entertainment, were working on the ---script together.

Goes well with the other article.

Ben Affleck and Comic Book Legend Geoff Johns Co-Writing Batman Movie ---script

During a recent live recording of Kevin Smith’s Fatman on Batman podcast in Detroit, the Fatman himself revealed that Geoff Johns and Ben Affleck have collaborated on a solo Batman project:

"He's been working on a solo ---script with Geoff Johns, as well. Last conversation I had with Geoff Johns, I was like, ‘Are you working on it?’ and he said yeah. I said, ‘What's it like, man? How do you co-write with someone?’ And he's going, ‘We just break it up. He takes halves and I take halves and then we write. And then we switch material. And then he goes over mine and I go over his.’ That sounds so :censored: fun man."

Currently, there’s still no confirmation if a Batman movie will be done, but it was only last week that DC and Warner Bros. announced that there will be two more movies in the DC Extended Universe line-up. Although the two movies have not been announced, Warner Bros. did announce that the movies have a release date of October 5 2018 and November 1, 2019.

:whee:

So the Oscar winner for best director for Argo will direct Batman?

Wow!

You can`t ask for more than that folks.

Batman`s future is in good hands.

:gossip: He was never nominated for Best Director in Argo. ;)

and an incredible travesty that was; he directed the hell out of that flick.

Wow!

He still won an Oscar for best picture for it. That`s close enough for me. lol

best thing to come out of SvB...

Ben Affleck did a good job, and was probably my favorite take on Bruce Wayne (and one of the better Batmen)

though it does mean more Jeremy Irons as a much to young Alfred....(he doesnt look more than 10 years older than Wayne, and that means when Bruce was orphaned as a boy his caretaker was what... early 20s? Not much of a surrogate father figure (not that Irons played him that way at all).

Gosh! I hope they re-tell what happened to his parents. I might forget in a couple of years.

lol

My biggest problems with any reboot is the "need" to retell the origin.

I get it for new characters. But Superman, Batman, Spiderman? No need. Everyone knows them.

Wow!

He still won an Oscar for best picture for it. That`s close enough for me. lol

Cruel Hollywood politics and all, I think if he won Best Director for Argo, I think he would never been involved in these DC movies. Even though Argo, Gone Baby Gone and The Town, were career redeemers. I've got to think Affleck realized he was never going to get to play in all the reindeer games with Academy voters. If he was even nominated and won, we most likely would be seeing a Oscar caliber regional production like the Charles Stuart murders (he would be an awesome Charles Stuart) or another Dennis L. novel.

Gosh! I hope they re-tell what happened to his parents. I might forget in a couple of years.

lol

I get it for new characters. But Superman, Batman, Spiderman? No need. Everyone knows them.

Too bad he couldn't retell the his origin through another character in the movie. Not saying he needs a Robin, but it's one of the few things that worked as a thing to move the "story" in Batman Forever.

lol

Too bad he couldn't retell the his origin through another character in the movie. Not saying he needs a Robin, but it's one of the few things that worked as a thing to move the "story" in Batman Forever.

good plot device... Alfred telling Barbara Gordon would also work...

of course that's just me trying to get Batgirl into the movie ;)

I'd love -- love! -- to see a great Batgirl on film. (Or anywhere else...)

I was not a huge fan of BvS (4/10 for me), but I do think Affleck directing a solo Batman movie holds lots of promise. He's mature enough to direct himself, he's a good actor, and if they have a strong -script the action beats should only increase the wow factor. I'm excited to see where they go with it.

Dan