• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

So the Oscar winner for best director for Argo will direct Batman?

Wow!

You can`t ask for more than that folks.

Batman`s future is in good hands.

:gossip: He was never nominated for Best Director in Argo. ;)

He still won an Oscar for best picture for it. That`s close enough for me. lol

Cruel Hollywood politics and all, I think if he won Best Director for Argo, I think he would never been involved in these DC movies. Even though Argo, Gone Baby Gone and The Town, were career redeemers. I've got to think Affleck realized he was never going to get to play in all the reindeer games with Academy voters. If he was even nominated and won, we most likely would be seeing a Oscar caliber regional production like the Charles Stuart murders (he would be an awesome Charles Stuart) another Dennis L. novel.

That would make a good movie!

Any info on a Stuart movie?

Wow!

Cruel Hollywood politics and all, I think if he won Best Director for Argo, I think he would never been involved in these DC movies. Even though Argo, Gone Baby Gone and The Town, were career redeemers. I've got to think Affleck realized he was never going to get to play in all the reindeer games with Academy voters. If he was even nominated and won, we most likely would be seeing a Oscar caliber regional production like the Charles Stuart murders (he would be an awesome Charles Stuart) another Dennis L. novel.

Nope. Just the Ken Olin TV movie from the early 90's. In the 90's, thought Spike Lee would have JUMPED to do a movie about a police race war in Beantown. The stuff that happened on Mission Hill set the city back for decades.

Buy 'Deadly Greed' on Amazon, it has post-Argo Ben Affleck written all over it.

Wow!

Nope. Just the Ken Olin TV movie from the early 90's. In the 90's, thought Spike Lee would have JUMPED to do a movie about a police race war in Beantown. The stuff that happened on Mission Hill set the city back for decades.

Buy 'Deadly Greed' on Amazon, it has post-Argo Ben Affleck written all over it.

I will try it out! (thumbs u

12 Perfect Stories Affleck's Solo Batman Movie Must Adapt

12. Under The Red Hood

Even before Warner Bros confirmed that Affleck is directing his own Batman stand-alone, there was a rumour that the new DC Cinematic Universe would be adapting Under The Red Hood. Piecing together fan theories on the identity of Jared Leto's Joker and the very conscious lamp-shading that Robin is dead lead to the apparently incontrovertible truth that Leto is in fact Jason Todd.

Now, that doesn't actually fit what happens in Red Hood, but hopefully Warner Bros won't be stupid enough to have Mr J to be revealed to be the tragic Robin. And that would allow for room to explore the Red Hood story in a more conventional sense, having Batman's more resistant methods against the Joker contradicted by Red Hood's fearsome, unhinged style.

Crucially, this story would mean we could see more of Leto's Joker - this time imagined as a caged animal under threat - and Batman struggling with the morality of killing for revenge. If this is indeed the set-up we're currently seeing, the results could well be great.

That's it for me, as it would fit with the Robin memorial in the Batcave and the loss Bruce is fighting through to the point it drives him crazy with rage.

2. Hush

If we're going to have a Batman who is haunted by the past, why not adapt one of those stories that brings one of his ghosts back to life?

It can surely only be a matter of time before someone adapts Hush for a live action feature film, and given Ben Affleck's track record with blending familial drama with action, he could be the perfect man to direct it.

With Hush, we'd not only get the chance to see a brand new villain, but it would also offer opportunity to introduce a new, PROPER Catwoman and a scheming Riddler to wipe away the memories of Jim Carrey's mugging clown. And crucially, despite its scale, it's a deeply personal story that wouldn't require the involvement of the Justice League.

Fans seem to love this story. I never had the chance to read it.

SCREENRANT: 13 Things We Expect From Ben Affleck’s Batman Movie

13. Real, Honest-to-Goodness Detective Work

12. A Small, Intimate Gotham Story

11. The GCPD

10. The Bat Family

9. Find Out What The Heck Happened To DCEU’s Robin

8. Red Hood Debuts

7. The Joker

6. Arkham Asylum

5. The Rogues Gallery

4. The Mutants (The Dark Knight Returns characters)

3. Wayne Manor’s Restoration

2. Gadgets, Gadgets, Gadgets

1. Cameos From Former Batmen

For me, 13-12-10-9-8-7-6-3-2.

If you start adding the an excessive Rogue's Gallery then it may detract from Batman, and since J.K. Simmons is Commissioner Gordon now no reason to ignore the GCPD. I also don't care about inserting previous Batmen into the film just for nostalgia.

Not The Inhumans?

:acclaim:

Pearl Jam frontman, Eddie Vedder, and his 7-year-old daughter, Harper Moon, performed an adorable rendition of the "Batman Theme" from Adam West's campy and hokey Batman television series (1966-1968).

Ben Affleck And Geoff Johns Rumored To Have Complete Creative Control Over The Solo BATMAN Movie

According to the newest episode of Heroic Insider, hosted by Hollywood producer Daniel Alter (The Apparition, Hitman: Agent 47) and Heroic Hollywood's Umberto 'ElMayimbe' Gonzalez, DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns and Oscar winner Ben Affleck will have "complete creative control" over the solo Batman film. Which logically indicates that Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Charles Roven or any other frequent DCEU overseer has no say on what Johns and Affleck ultimately cook up.

Alter and Gonzalez further report that Affleck is taking the lead and Johns is more of a consultant, providing necessary references to comic book lore and not necessarily shaping the story.

Ben Affleck's The Batman Movie Rumored To Include Lots Of Villains

The verdict, on balance, seems to be that it was a good thing -- mostly because Affleck's Batman was generally well-liked -- and that seems fortunate because if a rumor at Birth Movies Death is true, that "lived-in" Batman universe is already pretty big, and that same feel will continue into the rumored Ben Affleck/Geoff Johns solo Batman collaboration.

"Many, if not most, members of Batman's rogue's gallery will be making appearances in the film," writes Devin Faraci, who is becoming one of the most frequent sources of DC Extended Universe rumors. "It's going to be crammed with Bat villains, which means that just about every major bad guy you've ever wanted to see in a movie will be in this movie."

:o

:wishluck:

I hope they're remaking this.

zB6XUKcl.jpg

I wonder who they'll get to play Commodore Schmidlapp? hm

Or someone close to it.

batman209.jpg

I watched this two weeks ago with my kids. They thought it was very funny.

I hope they're remaking this.

zB6XUKcl.jpg

I wonder who they'll get to play Commodore Schmidlapp? hm

Two thoughts come to mind when I see that picture:

1. Batman has some awesome villains

2. Those actors really brought the characters to life, especially Frank Gorshin.

Geoff Johns Confirms He's Working on Batman with Ben Affleck

geoff-johns-ben-affleck-batman-183633.jpg

When Johns sat down with us to talk about DC Universe Rebirth #1, he also talked about just what it is he's been doing as Chief Creative Officer.

"My job is to help other Warner Brothers divisions work with DC. I work with Warner TV and producers to get these shows up and running, in particular with The Flash, where I co-created the show, wrote a few episodes, wrote the pilot episode," Johns said. "I work with other people, Ames Kirshen in games, the studios like Rocksteady and Netherrealm, go in there on character choices, story they’re going to do and brainstorm on that, try to keep it true to comics."

But when Geoff Johns sits down with family or friends outside of the business, he says, "I just tell them I write comics (laughs)."

Now, he's focusing more on his job as CCO, which means he's taking a step back from writing comics for the time being. So his go-to job description for them is out.

"I do get to say I'm working on Batman with Ben Affleck," Johns told us with a smile. "That gets the Thanksgiving table excited, especially my brother."

:applause: