• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

C'mon, Civil War exceeded everyone's expectations, especially at the Box Office ($1.15B WW) & 90% RT.

BvS failed to hit $1 Billion at the Box Office (currently 7th) & 27% RT.

Who would have predicted that CAP3 would win the 2016 WW Box Office crown.

Even being Avengers 2.5, it still failed to exceed previous Marvel big team releases, along with Iron Man 3. And this had all of the big heavy-hitters available at the time.

Justice League will be telling, as that is the actual team movie versus Batman v Superman, which had three of the characters. If anything, those three are what drove the movie to exceed $800MM, even though the critics and partial movie-goer responses.

Huh?

The movie title is Captain America: Civil War....C-A-P-T-A-I-N--A-M-E-R-I-C-A!

Where can I find this so-called Avengers 2.5...(Netflix, HBO, CraveTV)?

Even WB avoided the same release date!

And GotG2 will be better than JL (IMHO)

C'mon, Civil War exceeded everyone's expectations, especially at the Box Office ($1.15B WW) & 90% RT.

Even being Avengers 2.5, it still failed to exceed previous Marvel big team releases, along with Iron Man 3. And this had all of the big heavy-hitters available at the time.

Justice League will be telling, as that is the actual team movie versus Batman v Superman, which had three of the characters. If anything, those three are what drove the movie to exceed $800MM, even though the critics and partial movie-goer responses.

Huh?

Even WB avoided the same release date!

And GotG2 will be better than JL (IMHO)

BATMAN V SUPERMAN Inspired Marvel To Make Captain America: Civil War

"For our part, when we finished Winter Soldier two years ago and we were thinking about doing the next one, the only thing that seemed interesting to us was to deconstruct the Marvel Universe — because where else can we go at this point? There have been 11 or 12 movies so far, all with a fairly traditional structure. Our pitch to them was: People will tell you they love chocolate ice cream — until you give it to them five days a week. It’s time to give them some rainbow sherbet. Kevin [Feige] is a maverick and he’s very sensitive to how people are responding to his content. He said he thought we might be right. And after they announced Batman v. Superman, he said, ‘you guys are absolutely right.’ We needed to do something challenging with the material or we were going to start to lose the audience."

Feige and the Russos may have been leaning towards Civil War for the third Captain America film, but the existence of Batman V Superman (which was announced nearly a year before Captain America: The Winter Soldier premiered), gave them the final push in that direction.

So how did they exceed what would come out of Batman v Superman? Rather than a hero-on-hero fight, they did a mass team-on-team event using Civil War as the framework story.

Or did you just see Captain America in the movie?

One more thought I had is Marvel at this point is seeing the benefit that people want to see the story completed. I think many people are viewing Avengers Infinity War and its immediate sequel as the end of the larger MCU story. As the "final" chapters, I think those moves will see big numbers (1.5 billion plus). I think Marvel is going to have a lot of trouble moving forward from there. As an example how many people watched the last Harry Potter movie, or the last Hunger Games, because they wanted to see the end, not because they were truly excited to see the film. I think we could see the same effect.

The DCU is just in the opening chapters. They have not had the monstrous pay-off movie yet. The are racing to get to that moment before the "recession" hits. With them stumbling out of the gate, they have significantly shrunk that window, and risk missing it.

Edited by drotto

One more thought I had is Marvel at this point is seeing the benefit that people want to see the story completed. I think many people are viewing Avengers Infinity War and its immediate sequel as the end of the larger MCU story. As the "final" chapters, I think those moves will see big numbers (1.5 billion plus). I think Marvel is going to have a lot of trouble moving forward from there. As an example how many people watched the last Harry Potter movie, or the last Hunger Games, because they wanted to see the end, not because they were truly excited to see the film. I think we could see the same effect.

The DCU is just in the opening chapters. They have not had the monstrous pay-off movie yet. The are racing to get to that moment before the "recession" hits. With them stumbling out of the gate, they have significantly shrunk that window, and risk missing it.

I think after the two Avenger movies, marvel should finish out their remaining series and just focus on individual niche movies that happen to be comic movies, that are a little less in the same 'tone' as the current universe. maybe 2 per year, very little interconnectedness... Spiderman 2 and 3, black panther 2, captain marvel 2, etc. But then start to mix it up a bit more. Animated Ms. Marvel? Blade reboot (maybe the teenage daughter?) Young Loki? Moon Knight done by Guillermo Del Toro?

WB should just trash the other loser films & focus on the Batman.

Who cares about GL, Aquaman & the Flash.

Now this place is starting to feel more like home :cloud9:

GL, Flash? ... Me.

I didn't care about Aquaman until Amber Heard's Mera promo pic was released. Now that movie's top of the list ;)

GL, Flash? ... Me.

I didn't care about Aquaman until Amber Heard's Mera promo pic was released. Now that movie's top of the list ;)

you must have missed it. they already conquered that one in true WB fashion

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/770677993

Edited by paperheart

Huh?

Check out ABC Spark for it. The movie is titled Civil War: The Avengers Break-Up. (thumbs u

Edited by kimik

Even being Avengers 2.5, it still failed to exceed previous Marvel big team releases, along with Iron Man 3. And this had all of the big heavy-hitters available at the time OTHER THAN HULK & THOR (which became a running gag where they were and Team Thor).

The only expectation Avengers 3, err Civil War, exceeded was topping BvS.

Otherwise the movie failed to meet the box office of AoU or Iron Man 3 even with the addition of Spider-Man (still Marvel's biggest hero) and the introduction of the new Avengers line-up (Avengers: A New Hope?).

Both BvS and Avengers 3: Civil War failed to live up to the pre-movie hype. Hopefully the studios learn their lesson and this leads to better big event films with multiple characters in the future.

Even being Avengers 2.5, it still failed to exceed previous Marvel big team releases, along with Iron Man 3. And this had all of the big heavy-hitters available at the time OTHER THAN HULK & THOR (which became a running gag where they were and Team Thor).

The only expectation Avengers 3, err Civil War, exceeded was topping BvS.

Otherwise the movie failed to meet the box office of AoU or Iron Man 3 even with the addition of Spider-Man (still Marvel's biggest hero) and the introduction of the new Avengers line-up (Avengers: A New Hope?).

Both BvS and Avengers 3: Civil War failed to live up to the pre-movie hype. Hopefully the studios learn their lesson and this leads to better big event films with multiple characters in the future.

Do you even read comic books.

:baiting:

If Deadpool can keep that unique energy going in the second film, then they all can learn a lesson. Though the Guardians sure brought that extra energy to the Marvel Universe that makes it my #1/#2 on the all-time Marvel Studios list - though it cost $60 (+) MM more to get there than originally published.

What timing!

Ben Affleck Thinks Directing The Batman Will Be Very Stressful

In a recent interview with USA Today, Affleck is embracing the pressure that comes along with his upcoming Batman solo feature, and he knows he's in for a rollercoaster of a ride.

"Superhero movies get the level of attention that is nothing like any film I've done. You cast the 14th lead in these movies and the Internet goes crazy," Affleck says. "I understand and embrace that. That’s part of the pressure that comes with doing it. That’s why I am not going to do it unless I really feel confident about it. But when that day comes, should that day come, I’m sure that’s going to be the most pressure, the most stress I have ever experienced in my professional life. There’s no doubt."

That stress is a big reason why he's not letting the film out of his sight until he's completely satisfied with it, saying "I'm still working on the -script. I'm not going to write and direct anything that I don't think is good enough to be made. I'm definitely going to make sure I have something that is special—there's not enough money in the world to make a mediocre version of Batman worth it."

GL, Flash? ... Me.

you must have missed it. they already conquered that one in true WB fashion

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/770677993

That's why I care about the next GL movie lol

But maybe I'll just write it off... Green doesn't seem to be a lucky colour for Superheroes in the movies.

Joe Manganiello Reveals Deathstroke Footage Was From Screen Test

jrLUv3X.jpg

Actor Joe Manganiello, who will be playing the lethal mercenary in the DC Cinematic Universe, recently confirmed that the suit seen in the footage is not the final design. He shared some fan art of the suit on Twitter with the caption "Thanks to @jeran_art for this awesome shot of me from the armor screen test. #DEATHSTROKE."

Manganiello recently told Entertainment Tonight that he's excited to be involved in a superhero film and that he's passed up several other opportunities along the way. “Well, growing up an avid comic book fans and then - you know, there were a lot of superhero roles and supervillain roles that came my way that I said no to or wasn’t allowed to do because of other commitments. It’s just really exciting to think that this is the one,” he admitted.