• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

The Hulk movie with Ed Norton was surprisingly enjoyable to me.  Watched it a few times.  

I've re-watched it about five or six times, but I don't re-watch the entire film, just the Hulk and Abomination scenes and any scene featuring Tim Roth.  Roth was absolutely scintillating in that movie; most everybody else was just passable.  William Hurt was a good General Ross, too.  Roth's lust for power was compelling to watch.

tumblr_o97isjKiOX1qflmllo4_500.gif

Edited by fantastic_four

An 'Arrow' Executive May Have Revealed Deathstroke's Exit From 'The Batman'

Earlier this week, Collider released a lengthy interview it held with Marc Guggenheim about Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. The interview ended with a question about Arrow’s inclusion of Deathstroke next season. When Collider asked how the show got Slade back, Guggenheim said it was because DC’s on-going plans for the character had fallen through elsewhere.

“It was a function of - you know, DC control these characters. We went through a period where DC said, ‘We’ve got plans for Deathstroke that don’t include Arrow.’ That changed at the end of this year,” Guggenheim said.

The producer continued, saying how he approached DC about having Deathstroke reappear on Arrow for a Slade-centric story.

“I went to DC and said, ‘Look, I know you have plans for him and that’s all cool, but you’ve got to give us this one. We can’t go to Lian Yu and not see Slade Wilson,” Guggenheim said before stressing Arrow has “to operate within the departments of DC.”

People want details so badly from Matt Reeves, they'll go for anything.

lol

THE BATMAN Director Matt Reeves Reveals One Feature His Caped Crusader's Costume WON'T Have

Zo8khy1.png

Matt Reeves is currently rewriting Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns' screenplay and that he intends on directing the movie as well. What we don't know is whether or not Affleck will star in the upcoming DC Comics adaptation and that more than likely hinges on how Justice League is received by fans and critics alike.

In the meantime, Reeves has been asked on Twitter by a fan whether or not he intends on including the Batnipples made famous by Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin and as you can probably guess, they won't be making an appearance in the DC Films Universe.

THE BATMAN Director Matt Reeves May Already Have A Replacement In Mind For Ben Affleck

According to John Campea, who previously broke the scoop that Affleck was looking to leave the role earlier in the year, there’s already a contingency plan in place if that were to happen. He claims that two different Hollywood insiders have told him that The Batman director Matt Reeves has a specific person in mind who he’s ready to call in the event of Affleck hanging up the cape and cowl.

Campea said the following on his personal Youtube channel:

“I’m hesitant to say anything, but I talked to a Hollywood producer yesterday and they gave me the name of who Matt Reeves wants [to replace Ben Affleck] as Batman. And, I’ve got to be honest with you, that name caught me a little bit by surprise. I called somebody else later in the day, saying: “Hey, I heard this, is there any validity to this?” And they said: “Well, Matt does want him…” But that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. There’s been no movement or anything like that.”

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately, it's not just something I picked up on by myself with The Incredible Hulk, no matter what the critics had to say about it. Though if you read what is posted on Rotten Tomatoes, this movie was rated one of the worst of the MCU films (6.2/10.0).

OUvczXT.png

Within the first six weeks of release, The Incredible Hulk had the highest weekly drop-off rates - twice. Only Cap3/AV2.5 experienced that rate of drop-off so soon for the same movie. And with The Incredible Hulk, it resulted in the worst financial results of all the movies (1.8 X production budget).

JKSJYJg.png

That's not to say what you like is horrible - what others like is better. That's just the reality of the situation. Yet because of the first success of the MCU (Iron Man), there was no fixation on the second movie being a bomb. Leading to an okay Iron Man 2 result, critic-wise (6.5/10.0) and box office-wise (3.1 X production budget).

Now back to your original point how WB/DC does not get the same break, I'm not one of those suggesting there is some conspiracy. There isn't some Disney hidden investment pool to write bad reviews. But I do think the critics were extremely harsh on Man of Steel (6.2/10.0) when movie-goers gave it a 3.9/5.0 and then later with Batman v Superman landing at 4.9/10.0 combined. Sure, BvS was crammed with details and not well edited. But I would watch that over The Incredible Hulk any day - and even more when it is BvS The Ultimate Cut.

I think its more of a matter of giving people what you think they want, vs trying to tell them what they should want.  And for the most people.  Hulk TRIED to give the people what they thought the people wanted, but there were some execution issues and frankly the people didn't really  want another hulk movie I think and it became more cartoony- than comic-y.  So it suffered, but they it was clear they were trying.  So the execution lacked a bit, they hadn't mastered the tone right, but to me it felt like an honest effort, so even without the super commercial success, they didn't really burn goodwill.

ONe of the problems with MOS and BvS was that it felt like they were trying to FORCE you into liking something that didn't match their expectations.  And that can be done, but to get broad appeal you have to thread the needle very carefully and execute really well.  Which they didn't.  And so they not only suffered commercially (though not as much as some people would have you believe), but more importantly with goodwill.

29 minutes ago, revat said:

I think its more of a matter of giving people what you think they want, vs trying to tell them what they should want.  And for the most people.  Hulk TRIED to give the people what they thought the people wanted, but there were some execution issues and frankly the people didn't really  want another hulk movie I think and it became more cartoony- than comic-y.  So it suffered, but they it was clear they were trying.  So the execution lacked a bit, they hadn't mastered the tone right, but to me it felt like an honest effort, so even without the super commercial success, they didn't really burn goodwill.

ONe of the problems with MOS and BvS was that it felt like they were trying to FORCE you into liking something that didn't match their expectations.  And that can be done, but to get broad appeal you have to thread the needle very carefully and execute really well.  Which they didn't.  And so they not only suffered commercially (though not as much as some people would have you believe), but more importantly with goodwill.

The Incredible Hulk is the only MCU movie that I own where I have watched it one time. Even with Thor: The Dark World it got at least two viewings. If they TRIED, they sure didn't TRY HARD ENOUGH. Not to say it was the worst movie ever made. It sure wasn't.

Now as far as WB/DC trying to FORCE you to enjoy MOS and BVS, I'm not sure what you mean. If anything, Snyder as a comic book fan thought it would be cool in the one movie (BVS) to cram it with all sorts of goodies - that's TRYING to appeal to comic fans. With the MOS film, he took you through flashbacks so it wasn't all about young Clark growing up. Just certain points in his growth where he learned about his abilities and choices. But you still ended up with the most powerful Superman fight scenes in movies with Faora and Zod. That to me was Snyder TRYING to keep it interesting.

14 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The Incredible Hulk is the only MCU movie that I own where I have watched it one time. Even with Thor: The Dark World it got at least two viewings. If they TRIED, they sure didn't TRY HARD ENOUGH. Not to say it was the worst movie ever made. It sure wasn't.

Now as far as WB/DC trying to FORCE you to enjoy MOS and BVS, I'm not sure what you mean. If anything, Snyder as a comic book fan thought it would be cool in the one movie (BVS) to cram it with all sorts of goodies - that's TRYING to appeal to comic fans. With the MOS film, he took you through flashbacks so it wasn't all about young Clark growing up. Just certain points in his growth where he learned about his abilities and choices. But you still ended up with the most powerful Superman fight scenes in movies with Faora and Zod. That to me was Snyder TRYING to keep it interesting.

If anything Snyder may suffer from trying too hard.  He knows you only get so many chances to play in the sandbox, and that box has so many toys.  So he takes the opportunity to jam everything in that he always dreamed of getting to do, because he may never get another chance.  He sees himself as an empowered fanboy, and wants to please all the fanboys. Thus all the various plot threads, partial stories, and Easter eggs. He does not seem to self edit well, and the pieces don’t always fit or make sense. From a narrative standpoint pulling back and simplifying would be better.  I would likely do the exact same thing.

3 minutes ago, drotto said:

If anything Snyder may suffer from trying too hard.  He knows you only get so many chances to play in the sandbox, and that box has so many toys.  So he takes the opportunity to jam everything in that he always dreamed of getting to do, because he may never get another chance.  He sees himself as an empowered fanboy, and wants to please all the fanboys. Thus all the various plot threads, partial stories, and Easter eggs. He does not seem to self edit well, and the pieces don’t always fit or make sense. From a narrative standpoint pulling back and simplifying would be better.  I would likely do the exact same thing.

This is a good point. Any comic book fan would not want to make a great movie, but also get to add all the characters you appreciate. Which then gets you in trouble when the screen is packed with goodies that non-comic book viewers just don't know.

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

This is a good point. Any comic book fan would not want to make a great movie, but also get to add all the characters you appreciate. Which then gets you in trouble when the screen is packed with goodies that non-comic book viewers just don't know.

Which is why solo movies are so much easier, and why WW (I know not Snyder) worked so well.  By picking one character you are forced to edit things down and limit the story, and forced to give the main a lot of screne time.  The movie has room to breath and include character moments and more “heart” that is just not possible when you are struggling to give each star you are paying big money too their “moment.”

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:02 PM, fantastic_four said:

I never understood why that gets on so many people's nerves.  I've also yet to hear a suggestion for how to do that better.  If you're Wayne and you know you will encounter people as Batman who also know Bruce Wayne, how do you prevent them from recognizing your voice?  I'm sure there's a decent solution to that, but I haven't heard what it is yet.

I always thought Bale's gritty voice was a good effort. In the modern comic Robin once referred to Batman's voice as a "bad Clint Eastwood". I'd say he pretty much nailed it.

Jon Hamm Reportedly Wants to Steal Ben Affleck's Batman Role

According to Radar Online, a source close to the production of Matt Reeves' solo Batman film, Hamm is trying whatever he can to takeover Affleck's role.

"Jon's gunning hard for the role," the source claimed.

This may be hard for some to believe, given the fact that Hamm and Affleck have been good friends for quite some time. The two became lose after working starring together in the Affleck-directed 2010 film, The Town, and they were drinking buddies until Hamm stepped away from alcohol in 2015. According to the source, the friendship is still strong, but that won't stop Hamm from getting what he wants.

"They've enjoyed working together and have been on good terms ever since." The source continued, "But Jon knows Ben has faced some criticism over Batman v Superman and Justice League, and frankly thinks he'd be better suited for the job. This is business for Jon, not personal."

WOW!

:wishluck::wishluck:

25 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I'd want to wait until DC figures out how to consistently make films if I were Hamm.

Matt Reeves as the Producer, Director and Co-Writer of the go-forward Batman movies is the same firepower Christopher Nolan had with The Dark Knight. He actually had WB executives removed from the set so as not to disrupt his production.

That to me could be the big win here to avoid tampering, and why Matt Reeves forced that into his contract if he was to move forward.