• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2022 at 10:32 AM, D84 said:

We also started that everyone gets a trophy garbage, that has caused so many problems.

"I don't have to work for anything. I'm perfect as I am." That's on us. Time to kick my own :censored:, too.

As a Gen Xer, I always viewed that as being the hippie boomers that were in positions of authority in Education departments that led to that (my parents' generation - both were teachers and disagreed with it when it came in). We still had 1st/2nd/3rd medals and then participation ribbons for those that were able to breathe without much coaching up until high school for me. Then it changed for the worse.

Because there are so many superhero and comic-based projects gaining prominence each and every year, the writers and editors often find themselves at odds when it comes to determining which film deserves our top honor in the year-end voting. This year was no different, but with projects including Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, The Batman, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Black Adam, and the surprising Disney+ Special Werewolf By Night, it's not difficult to see why we all fought over a worthy winner.

And the winner for the 2022 ComicBook.com Golden Issue Award for Best Comic Book Movie is...The Batman!

Clocking in at nearly three hours with a pulse-pounding score, intense violence, and a plot inspired by some of DC's best detective comics, The Batman is a true tour de force for the character. And while it includes echoes of the original Tim Burton franchise, takes influence from Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale's trilogy, and even has a bit of the same flavor from Todd Philips' Joker, The Batman stands out as a wholly unique cinematic entry featuring pop culture's most unique crime fighter.

What is BAFTA? It looks like whenever you get pissed with one Hollywood special interest awards group, all you need to do is set up a new one with a few friends and start announcing nominees/winners/

Edited by kimik

On 1/20/2023 at 5:35 PM, kimik said:

What is BAFTA? It looks like whenever you get pissed with one Hollywood special interest awards group, all you need to do is set up a new one with a few friends and start announcing nominees/winners/

British Academy Film Awards which has been around since 1949.

So someone must have gotten upset 73 years ago. 

:nyah: