• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

By the way, CAA is the agent of the director. So they are trying to ensure if he takes this movie on, there will be limited studio interference.

A very wise move on its part after all the stories of studio meddling.

Nope - still hard to spin this as positive. Warner Bros. isn't my client, but you think they're happy with these headlines?

Sure. It could be just a negotiation tactic on Reeves' part.

But perception drives reality and it's still not good news. Most directors out there would give their eye teeth to direct a prestige big-budget tentpole like The Batman. That there's this much drama (and active push-back by multiple would-be directors) despite that = rebuttable presumption that it's a mess.

This is beginning to sound like Gambit. You know, that film that was supposed to debut this fall (just like The Batman was supposed to come out in 2018)?

Oh never mind - Channing Tatum's just *negotiating* his fee for that one -- ensure it doesn't conflict with Magic Mike III. Sure...

Even if everything is fine behind the scenes, there is no way it today's world that a big budget, very important movie for WB, can be ready by Summer 2018 (or 2018 at all). Yes, they are reported to have the -script, but you need a director to start pre-production. Depending, on the director, and the complexity of the movie, that can take months by itself.

1 hour ago, Gatsby771 said:

Nope - still hard to spin this as positive. Warner Bros. isn't my client, but you think they're happy with these headlines?

Sure. It could be just a negotiation tactic on Reeves' part.

But perception drives reality and it's still not good news. Most directors out there would give their eye teeth to direct a prestige big-budget tentpole like The Batman. That there's this much drama (and active push-back by multiple would-be directors) despite that = rebuttable presumption that it's a mess.

This is beginning to sound like Gambit. You know, that film that was supposed to debut this fall (just like The Batman was supposed to come out in 2018)?

Oh never mind - Channing Tatum's just *negotiating* his fee for that one -- ensure it doesn't conflict with Magic Mike III. Sure...

Since you keep comparing to Gambit, which had a longer heads up than Batman that came out of the blue in a schedule of films that were announced previously, I'm a little confused. Other than you want to just associate these events with anything to maintain your negative view on the situation. I guess that is an approach.

Of course this is not good press for DC or Warner Bros. But again, this whole thing was thrown together after the very positive audience feedback from Batman v Superman. Alongside the Gadot/Wonder Woman positive mentions. It's just feeling now like they moved so quickly to change up the previously announced roadmap, it isn't going to be the smooth win assumed by the studio.

Meanwhile, the sky is not falling. No matter how much you oddly desire it to. Wonder Woman is around the corner. JL right after that. And now we have Aquaman, Gotham Girls, Suicide Squad 2 and others moving forward.

A interesting thought.  What would it take to bring back Tim Burton to direct to finish off his Batman trilogy?  I just re-watched Batman 1989 and Batman Returns.  These were actually up there with the Nolan Batman Trilogy. I think Burton deserves one last shot at it. Anybody else share my enthusiasm for another Tim Burton Batman movie?

Nothing beats his portrayal of Gotham City in my book. 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

A interesting thought.  What would it take to bring back Tim Burton to direct to finish off his Batman trilogy?  I just re-watched Batman 1989 and Batman Returns.  These were actually up there with the Nolan Batman Trilogy. I think Burton deserves one last shot at it. Anybody else share my enthusiasm for another Tim Burton Batman movie?

I could get behind that. Loved those movies as a kid.

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Michael Keaton too old? 

53 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Has Affleck made any statement saying he still wants to play Batman? If not, there may be some truth to the current rumors.

1 hour ago, chezmtghut said:

I could get behind that. Loved those movies as a kid.

When I was younger I had watched the BATMAN 1989 movie about 15 times on an vhs tape after seeing it once at the theater..

s-l300.jpg

I also use to play this on my Nintendo. 

fa6b14f5abed2e6d61d29f8cde0e468d.jpg

I have good memories of the Tim Burton franchise! :cloud9: 

4 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Has Affleck made any statement saying he still wants to play Batman? If not, there may be some truth to the current rumors.

Hate to say it, but at this point it is hard to tell.

Even fans of the DCEU that can handle bumps in the road have to question his dedication when the week before announcing he was not going to direct he swore he would be directing this film. He would have been better to be quiet about any change-of-heart until all parties had this sorted out.

Edited by Bosco685

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Hate to say it, but at this point it is hard to tell.

Even fans of the DCEU that can handle bumps in the road have to question his dedication when the week before announcing he was not going to direct he swore he would be directing this film. He would have been better to be quiet about any change-of-heart until all parties had this sorted out.

+1 It`'s starting to become a pr nightmare. It was the top story on my google news. One of the reasons why I wanted Ben Affleck as Batman was because I thought Ben Affleck the oscar winning director was going to direct Batman. Something is up for these Ben Affleck rumors. We know it's not money.

I wonder if the new JL movie has caused stress? JL will be his third Batman appearance in quick succession. Maybe he got burnt out? I am still hoping that these are just rumors and Ben Affleck stays as Batman. :wishluck:

21 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I would love to see another Burton Batman, but I think by having him, you would lose the overly serious tone of the other DC movies for the more funhouse nightmarish visuals Burton creates.

On 2/19/2017 at 10:15 AM, Bosco685 said:

Since you keep comparing to Gambit, which had a longer heads up than Batman that came out of the blue in a schedule of films that were announced previously, I'm a little confused. Other than you want to just associate these events with anything to maintain your negative view on the situation. I guess that is an approach.

Of course this is not good press for DC or Warner Bros. But again, this whole thing was thrown together after the very positive audience feedback from Batman v Superman. Alongside the Gadot/Wonder Woman positive mentions. It's just feeling now like they moved so quickly to change up the previously announced roadmap, it isn't going to be the smooth win assumed by the studio.

Meanwhile, the sky is not falling. No matter how much you oddly desire it to. Wonder Woman is around the corner. JL right after that. And now we have Aquaman, Gotham Girls, Suicide Squad 2 and others moving forward.

lets not forget that Gambit had a huge budget when no one has a clue who the character is outside comics. it could all be a tactic to make sure the deal turns out in favor of Reeves.