• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

And now on the writer. It looks like it is going to be a friend that worked on 'The Wolverine'.

Matt Reeves Is Bringing In An Old Pal To Write The -script For THE BATMAN

mark_bomback_the_batman.jpg

There's another interesting rumor about the high profile project that should be of interest to DCEU fans.  

The former Latino Review team at the Splash Report has put forward that Matt Reeves will be turning to his Apes co-conspirator Mark Bomback to write the -script for his Batman movie.  As the site points out, while many assumed that Reeves would be writing the film himself, that's not really his forte.  In fact, he's only co-written three films in the last two decades  Bomback is no stranger to superhero films, having written 2013's The Wolverine.

Reeves and Bomback will be moving forward with the -script, regardless of whether Ben Affleck remains, Nightwing takes up the mantle or WB simply recasts the role.

Okay, since I have a stack of Tales of the Teen Titans #44s sitting in the long boxes, I want Nightwing to assume the mantle of Batman. lol

From a fan perspective, I like the Batfleck version and would be interested in him in a solo movie.

My guess is that if they do a transition they have him die a heroic death saving everyone from Darkseid in JL 2. 

Ben Affleck addresses Batman rumors at Comic-Con: “I’m the luckiest guy in the world”

“Let me be very clear: I am the luckiest guy in the world,” Affleck told the room of over 6,000 fans. “Batman is the coolest f*cking part in any universe… DC, Marvel. It’s incredible. I’m so thrilled to do it. I know there’s this misconception that because I’m not directing that I’m not enthusiastic about it. It’s f*cking amazing.”

Affleck went on to talk about his relationship with Warner Bros., before praising The Batman director Matt Reeves. “Matt Reeves doing it… I would be a f*cking ape on the ground for Matt Reeves. Nevermind being Batman. It’s incredible.”

Kevin Conroy declares Ben Affleck the best Batman (and Bruce Wayne)

batman-conroy-affleck-header.jpg?quality

CBR caught up with Kevin Conroy at Comic-Con last weekend, who was there to promote his upcoming movie Batman and Harley Quinn. Conroy was asked if he keeps up with the other “Batmen”, to which he said he did. The popular Batman voice actor thinks the live-action actors all did a good job, but says Ben Affleck nailed both Batman and Bruce Wayne the best.

“Yeah, I see them,” Conroy said of the Batman movies. “You know, I thought it was weird when Warner Bros. didn’t give the franchise to one actor when they first started doing the films. You just assumed they were going to cast a Batman and he was going to carry the whole franchise. But then when I saw the different ones — Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer, [George Clooney], and Christian Bale — all the different takes, this was really smart, because each actor does it so differently. And I love seeing all the different takes. I think some of them get Bruce Wayne more than they get Batman, and some of them get Batman more than they get Bruce Wayne. I think Ben Affleck has probably gotten the best balance of the two. He’s a really good Bruce Wayne and a really good Batman.”

Bale was good too, although probably not quite as good as his supporting cast.  But since he's at the center of the best Batman films I do have to put Bale right up there with Affleck.

I do agree, Christian Bale nailed the character quite nicely. I just finished re-watching the trilogy over a few weeks. Sure, the gritty voice can be off-setting at times. But the overall run is very entertaining. Especially the first two.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Sure, the gritty voice can be off-setting at times.

I never understood why that gets on so many people's nerves.  I've also yet to hear a suggestion for how to do that better.  If you're Wayne and you know you will encounter people as Batman who also know Bruce Wayne, how do you prevent them from recognizing your voice?  I'm sure there's a decent solution to that, but I haven't heard what it is yet.

23 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I never understood why that gets on so many people's nerves.  I've also yet to hear a suggestion for how to do that better.  If you're Wayne and you know you will encounter people as Batman who also know Bruce Wayne, how do you prevent them from recognizing your voice?  I'm sure there's a decent solution to that, but I haven't heard what it is yet.

It doesn't really bother me that much. But they did come up with a good option.

The voice modulator made a lot of sense to throw people off, leading to...

14 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

It doesn't really bother me that much. But they did come up with a good option.

The voice modulator made a lot of sense to throw people off, leading to...

Oh yea, forgot about that.  It is a better solution.

Deathstroke Actor Joe Manganiello Weighs In On His Involvement With THE BATMAN And He Doesn't Sound Happy

Deathstroke_1.jpg

tenor.gif

Affleck has decided against taking the helm of the Caped Crusader's solo outing, and Matt Reeves is completely rewriting his and Geoff Johns' screenplay. Something that's left Deathstroke's big screen future very much up in the air. Understandably, Joe Manganiello isn't best pleased about that, which was shared with The Hollywood Reporter.

THR: I think a lot of people are wondering what the status of Deathstroke is in the next Batman movie now that Ben Affleck is off the project as director. Do you have any information about that?

Manganiello: I don’t. Well, I do but nothing that I can share. I know everything but I can’t say any of it.

THR: Was that imparted in a happy way or a downtrodden way? I’m trying to interpret the fluctuations in your tone.

Manganiello: [Pause.] I’m shooting for a neutral tone.

THR: You’re succeeding.

Manganiello: Thanks.

THR: Any idea when we’ll find out?

Manganiello: It’s not up to me. That’s a good question for Warner Bros. and DC.

Hmmmmm. True?

Breaking: Ben Affleck Signs On For Matt Reeves’ The Batman Trilogy, Batman Beyond Coming As Well

batman-beyond-live-action-dceu-movie-dce

According to a source from Warner Bros., Ben Affleck has signed on to appear in Matt Reeves’ The Batman trilogy. Reportedly, Affleck will assume the mantle of the Dark Knight for at least three more films, with the last leading towards a Batman Beyond film which will kickstart the next phase of the DCEU.

“Yeah, he [Affleck] is staying on as the Batman. There were contract issues, but everything’s sorted now. He’ll do Reeves’ trilogy which sets up Batman Beyond, which will be the next phase of the DC film universe,” the source says.

No, Ben Affleck did not sign for a Batman trilogy and Batman Beyond movie

Last week a South African fansite claimed that Ben Affleck signed a new contract to be part of Matt Reeves’ Batman trilogy, with the final movie taking inspiration from Batman Beyond to set up the next phase of the DC Extended Universe. This is 100% false for many reasons, including…

1. The news comes from a South African website that you’ve never heard of.
  2. The article was written by “Edward Nigma”… aka The Riddler.
  3. If Ben Affleck signed a new Batman contract, it would be huge news on the big Hollywood websites that break this kind of news every single day: Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, and Deadline.

No website should have touched this story from a South African website that they never heard of, but they don’t care about anything other than clicks. They spread this story to a ridiculous level, I couldn’t stop hearing about it from Batman News readers and followers, which is why I’m setting the record straight now.