• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Gyllenhaal is not Batman, at least not to me...maybe Hawkeye.

I've found this option odd as well in considering him for Batman.

I could see him as a Red Hood/Jason Todd version. Brutal, feeling betrayed, seeing the world as black and white. But not Bruce Wayne/Batman.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:
2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

It's because he's not attractive enough.  Bale, Clooney, Affleck, Kilmer, Adam West...these were all male models playing Batman, but Gyllenhaal is much closer to average.

The major exception was Michael Keaton, and certainly everyone was surprised when he got the role, but he ended up crushing it with his performance.  From an acting perspective Keaton may be the very best Batman, but he didn't really have the look.  Turns out it probably doesn't matter all that much since all you can see in the costume is the chin, but you do see him out of costume so it does matter.

I get that, lol...

I know how much you hate to sexually objectify men, so I figured I'd do it for you.  :foryou:

I could see Jon Hamm (if it were an older Batman story) - he was enjoyable in Baby Driver in an off-beat role for him, so perhaps a darker twist on Batman (although that may have been done to death already - but I still like it :) )

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I get that, lol...but I was disappointed in Kilmer (who I loved in Tombstone) ...and I agree, Keaton, who is not a male model was great.

Never liked Adam West in those dumb PJ's, he was not the REAL Batman;)

:sumo:

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

I know how much you hate to sexually objectify men, so I figured I'd do it for you.  :foryou:

Yeah...I hate to ...

I never did understand that one;) can you explain it in 217 words or less?;) ?

I'm not sure it has much to do with sexually objecti...whatevering;)  This is my new favorite video and he's not exactly on the team I'd view as sex objects, but he's still wonderful. I'd even say "hot" if I said stuff like that;)   

BTW, the twins are precious...can't believe how big they are:) :foryou:

6 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Very interesting and has piqued my interest. 

Mario Robles from Revenge of the Fanboy (former IGN staffer) comments on what the John Campea news probably is all about. The new DC Studios leadership team wants to see Matt Reeves move a little quicker on pulling together a -script. Most probably as part of world-building from this. But Robles also touches on the WB challenge of not having a central studio lead that appreciates all these characters and how they fit together due to its principle of being a 'director-led studio'.

Keaton was great as both Wayne and Batman, the suit made him believable and made up his lack of physical stature.

Kilmer looked the part but was very wooden.

Clooney was miscast, he had that stupid head bobble going on never changed his voice when in costume but why put effort into one of the worst comic book movies of all time.

Bale was great, looked the part, had the acting chops but he over did it on the gravel voice in the subsequent two movies.

Affleck, had doubts but I thought he was great in BvS, not so much in JL, he stays fine, he goes fine.

Adam West... a moment in time.

There is only one true Batman and his name is Kevin Conroy :sumo:

If they're still going with an older Batman, just keep Affleck. Otherwise, get someone who is fresh, can act and is relatively unknown. Richard Donner knew what he was doing when he cast Christopher Reeve as Superman.

9 hours ago, kimik said:

Here's the new Batman...............................

Jake Gyllenhaal is Dastan of "Prince of Persia - The sands of time" @Wil Brooks

I actually consider this movie to be entertaining. It demonstrates how he could have been a solid comic book actor at that time. And still can - but not Batman.

12 hours ago, kimik said:

Agreed. Maybe Azrael?

Could be. Maybe Batman Beyond? I think they are going to do something to shake it up. That's why the rumors.

I also have a feeling Richard Grayson somehow will become more important in the DC movie universe.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

On 1/15/2018 at 3:52 PM, Gatsby77 said:

I like Gyllenhaal and think he hasn't gotten the credit he's deserved over the last decade for superb work in films like Zodiac, Nightcrawler, and Southpaw.

But he's not old enough to play Batman.

Or, the right "type" of old. As in, he may actually be around the same age now as Bale was when he was cast, but they're different body types and bring different baggage to the role. Bale brought his edge from films like American Psycho and even Shaft. Gyllenhaal - not so much. I'd rather have seen him as Peter Parker back in the rumored Spider-Man 2 days.

He could work. He does have a bad boy attitude about him.  

Related image

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

8 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Random thought I had - I wonder if someone at some point would’ve tried to cast Mel Gibson as Batman had he not torpedoed his career so thoroughly.

Gibson was in contention for the part for the 1989 Batman.