• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

Speaking of which...

Good Pick.

They say this movie will make or break the DC cinaverse and I agree.

Ben Affleck's 'Batman' Will Be The Victory Lap Or The Curtain Call For DC Films

Scott Mendelson has written more negative than positive about DCEU, even when his fellow contributors are saying the exact opposite or even dinging DCEU slightly compared to his 'strong views'.

Did the Batman 3 and Batman 4 movies keep people from coming back to see Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises? Nope. So why would Affleck's Batman be the death sentence on the overall DCEU?

And what about Wonder Woman and Justice League?

That's because 4 made 3 look awesome and everyone had to use Batman Begins as a palate cleanser... ;)

Speaking of which...

Good Pick.

Scott Mendelson has written more negative than positive about DCEU, even when his fellow contributors are saying the exact opposite or even dinging DCEU slightly compared to his 'strong views'.

Did the Batman 3 and Batman 4 movies keep people from coming back to see Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises? Nope. So why would Affleck's Batman be the death sentence on the overall DCEU?

That's because 4 made 3 look awesome and everyone had to use Batman Begins as a palate cleanser... ;)

Honestly, "Forever" and "& Robin" did keep me away from the Nolan reboot. I was so disgusted after those two poops that I woudn't even consider a new Batman movie. Begins was almost out of the theaters by the time my sisters found out I hadn't seen it and started demanding I go see it because of how amazing it was. Glad I did, of course.

Speaking of which...

Good Pick.

Honestly, "Forever" and "& Robin" did keep me away from the Nolan reboot. I was so disgusted after those two poops that I woudn't even consider a new Batman movie. Begins was almost out of the theaters by the time my sisters found out I hadn't seen it and started demanding I go see it because of how amazing it was. Glad I did, of course.

See why you should always listen to your sister...

...about Batman movies at least?

(:

Someone wants to be Robin so bad, he can taste it!

Disney actor wants to be Robin so badly he made Ben Affleck an audition video

Voice actor Ryan Potter starred in Disney’s 2014 animated movie Big Hero 6, and he thinks he has what it takes to play a live-action version of Robin in Ben Affleck’s Batman movie.

The young actor went as far as to put together a short audition video, which you can check out above. The Robin he specifically wants to play is Tim Drake, and he showed off his aerobatic fighting skills before looking into the camera to address Ben Affleck directly.

“Hey Ben, like Tim said… Batman needs a Robin!”

And this is not the first time he has tried to get attention on this request. He's been tweeting Ben Affleck as well.

Voice actor Ryan Potter starred in Disney’s 2014 animated movie Big Hero 6, and he thinks he has what it takes to play a live-action version of Robin in Ben Affleck’s Batman movie.

The young actor went as far as to put together a short audition video, which you can check out above. The Robin he specifically wants to play is Tim Drake, and he showed off his aerobatic fighting skills before looking into the camera to address Ben Affleck directly.

And this is not the first time he has tried to get attention on this request. He's been tweeting Ben Affleck as well.

when i first saw these video I said he can play a good Tim Drake.

Speaking of which...

Good Pick.

You have very sensible sisters!

when i first saw these video I said he can play a good Tim Drake.

"That was a great audition. We've decided to give you the role of Jason Todd..."

Manu Bennett Responds To Joe Manganiello Playing Deathstroke

After Joe Manganiello was confirmed to play Deathstroke in the DC Extended Universe, it seemed like the whole world reacted to the news - except for Manu Bennett, that is. The actor is known for playing the DC Comics mercenary on Arrow, and fans wondered how Manu felt about Joe’s on-screen future. Finally, the actor has responded to the casting decision, and it is not what many were expecting.

Taking to Twitter, Manu responded to a tweet with the message.

muO7aMZ.png

While Manu does hold a soft spot for the DC Comics baddie, the actor has vocally criticized the how Arrow handled the violent villain. “I think Deathstroke had a lot of possibilities with Arrow but, I think they took it in the wrong direction,” he’s admitted. “I think they should have honoured the Marv Wolfman character who was literally unstoppable!"

Joe Manganiello Begins His DEATHSTROKE Research For Ben Affleck's Solo BATMAN Movie

tOBzdks.png

Joe Manganiello (True Blood, Magic Mike) has taken to Twitter to further tease his role as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke in Ben Affleck's planned Batman movie, by sharing an image of some of the research he's doing in preparation. It looks like he's just gathered a bunch of Deathstroke-related items together, but among the various Funko POPs and action figures, the first volume of Batman: Earth One by Geoff Johns can be seen.

This series re-imagines the origins of the Dark Knight and many of his allies and enemies, but Slade Wilson doesn't actually appear. Does this mean Manganiello is reading up on it because it'll inform the plot of the film in some way?

:whee:

Ben Affleck's BATMAN Solo Movie Title Confirmed as 'THE BATMAN'

In an interview for his new movie The Accountant, Batman v Superman and Justice League star Ben Affleck has confirmed that his upcoming Batman solo movie is titled The Batman. The star says the title can change, but for now, "that's what we're going with."

DC movie fans following the development path of Affleck's solo Batman movie may remember that The Batman was the title that was rumored over two years ago, with a similarly rumored release date of 2019. Well, now we know that the title part of that rumor (which originated with Latino-Review) was correct, and more recent speculation from Warner Bros. executives points to Affleck's Batman movie coming as soon as a year and a half from now, which would put it in 2018, a year earlier than first speculated.