• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

My favorite has always been the 1989 movie version:

Batmobile.jpg.7715a9753863caaa35566605a7b88d92.jpg

An honorable mention goes to the Animated Series version:

review_dcdbatmobile_3.jpg.7363b3709b4f0b5a220ad5414ab39a45.jpg

I can't imagine these handle well, but they sure look cool! :headbang:

14 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

:headbang:

I finally realize something that seemed off and bugged me throughout this movie. The soundtrack seems great but it’s muted. There are scenes like this where it should be loud and clear at the level of the gunfire. 

Edited by Grails

THE BATMAN Director Shares His Love For BATMAN RETURNS And THE DARK KNIGHT

Matt Reeves has a tough task ahead of him with The Batman, especially as a lot of fans out there still wish that Ben Affleck was directing and starring in the DC Comics adaptation. Instead, we're getting a "Year Two" story which will revolve around Robert Pattinson's version of the Caped Crusader.

During a recent interview with Nerdist to promote sci-fi series Tales from the Loop, Reeves made it known that he wants his take on the character to stand out from previous big screen interpretations.

"I thought, 'Well, there’s been some terrific Batman movies,' and I don’t want to be part of a long line of Batman movies where this is just another one," the filmmaker explained. "I feel like they’ve been really distinctive. The best ones have been incredible. What Nolan did was incredible. What Tim Burton did was really singular."

Elaborating on that, Reeves went on share his love of both Batman Returns and The Dark Knight.

"I love Batman Returns. Michelle Pfeiffer was incredible. I love it, I love it so much. It’s so incredible and she’s so incredible in it. I just think it’s such a beautiful movie. I love the Penguin stuff when he’s going down the sewers as the baby. It’s just like, wow. This is the beautiful thing about Tim Burton at his best in that way that he’s got that connection into the fantastical that feels very, very personal.

"The Dark Knight is so incredible and I think that Heath Ledger’s performance and their conception of the Joker in that movie is indelible. And the battle that he engaged with, you know, with Batman/Bruce is incredible. But the thing you take away from it more than anything is that conception, specifically, I think of the Joker. That movie is so much about how it’s a horrifying thing to stare into the abyss, that idea of that level of nihilism. The whole idea that there was nothing you could do because even in the destruction of him, you were fulfilling his aims. It was just a terrifying notion that speaks to an aspect of human nature and that was really profound."

It turns out that those films helped Reeves find his own vision for The Batman, something which probably explains why he's using The Penguin and Catwoman in his upcoming movie!

"I just felt like well, what I’d love to do is to get a version of this Batman character where he’s not yet fully formed," he added. "Where there’s something to do in this context with who that guy would be in this world today, and to ground him in all of these broken ways. Because at the end of the day, this guy is doing all of this to deal with trauma in his past."

Batman is one of the most iconic characters in the history of comics. The Dark Knight has been adapted from the pages of DC Comics to TV screens and movie theaters for more than a dozen titles. Still, Bruce Wayne is ready for yet another reboot under the control of War for the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves. Reeves has developed quite a bit of trust with his fans, originally becoming a fan-favorite with Cloverfield, before a first look at Robert Pattinson as his Batman stirred up some buzz. While he is currently promoting his Tales From the Loop series for Amazon, it is inevitable that Reeves will be asked about his The Batman movie currently set for release in June of 2021.

While the film will be an origin story for Pattinson's version of Bruce Wayne, it will be closely tied to the city in which he operates. “There’s something in there that feels very psychological, very emotional, and it felt like there was a way of exploring that along with the corruption in this place, Gotham," Reeves explained to Nerdist. "That feels very current. I think it always does. There’s almost no time when you can’t do a story about corruption. But today, it still seems incredibly resonant and maybe, from my perspective, maybe more so than maybe at other time.”

Reeves has long promised his intimate and personal approach to Batman will be portrayed in this movie. “I’m going to pitch the version of Batman that I would do, which is going to have a humanist bent. And who knows if they’ll have any interest? If they don’t, then I won’t do it. And that’ll be okay,” Reeves said. “I was really lucky that they said yes.”

Among that pitch was te importance of the very human approach to the character. In a crowded history of live-action Batman content, Reeves' take is shaping up to be unique by being very much his own. “It’s not even like that’s an approach that I take, like it’s some kind of idea of, ‘Wouldn’t it be great?’" he explained. "It’s sort of the only thing that allows me to understand how to do it. I can only understand where the camera goes and how to talk about the story, how to write the story, how to talk to the actors, if I understand emotionally what it is I have to do. Otherwise I’d be lost."

Robert Pattinson is trolling us all with his ridiculous interviews

Basically, Robert Pattinson is trolling us all – and it’s glorious.

From ‘complaining’ about the occurrence of masturbation scenes in his movies, to that time he told Matt Lauer he witnessed the death of a clown at the circus, the man is having the last laugh and we’re just lucky to be along for the ride.

And now, while on the press circuit for The Lighthouse, he’s seemingly turned his Batman into a pirate.

His joking is something that’s been simmering behind the scenes for quite some time but has only become apparent to me lately; the guy is one big troll. And I’m not mad about it. It all came to our attention back in 2011 when Robert, fresh from his heady Twilight days, was interviewed by Matt Lauer for Today. At the time he was playing a circus hand in Water For Elephants when he was asked during an interview whether he, as a kid, ever dreamt of running away to the circus. ‘The first time I went to see the circus, somebody died,’ he replied. ‘One of the clowns died.’

As Matt pressed him for more information – because how is this the first time he’s spoken about the horrendous time someone died at the circus he went to as a kid? – anyone else would back out and say they were lying.

Not Robert. How did he die, Matt asked as Rob replied without missing a beat: ‘His little car exploded. The joke car exploded on him.’

Still not admitting it was a total lie when Matt continued to ask if he was being serious, he said: ‘Seriously. Yeah. My parents had to — everybody ran out. It was terrifying. It was the only time I’ve ever been to the circus.’

He fessed up a week later – A WEEK – when asked about the moment. ‘I said those things. But I actually made the whole thing up,’ he said to a reporter.