• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

Joe Manganiello Says The Batman Will Be a Different Kind of Batman Movie

joe-manganiello-talks-ben-afflecks-the-batman-movie-209961.jpg

One of the DCEU's recent new additions, True Blood star Joe Manganiello, will be joining The Batman after making his debut as Deathstroke the Terminator in Justice League. Manganiello recently did a podcast with Pittsburgh's Mark Madden (via Reddit), in which he talked about The Batman, and why should be excited by it.

In describing the film Affleck is making, Manganiello said, "His take is a fresh take but I think the audience is going to be surprised. Because it's a road that no one's really gone down that's completely integral to, you know, who Batman is. And I think it's gonna be refreshing but at the same time completely familiar. But it's going to take this franchise in a direction that I think A LOT of people are going to be really happy about."

That's a big claim, given the mass exposure that Batman has gotten in modern culture. Still, hearing that fans are going pleased with the results of Affleck's Batman movie is a bit of a vague promise. Manganiello followed up his initial description with more specific descriptions, adding that, "It's going to be gritty and action packed and cerebral and all of those elements that people love about Batman...everything is lined up for a really really really great movie. Not only a superhero movie but just a great great movie."

I dislike how that costume looks. One day they will make a Batman movie where the head portion of the costume is a fabric cowl rather than the eurethane rubber molded look.

Sounds like a good idea to me! It's about time we had another Batman movie. I may be biased, of course...
It's not just you. (thumbs u

That makes three of us then. :banana:

Even the new Spider-Man is excited to see a Batman movie.

Tom Holland Looking Forward To The Batman movie

Holland has spoken previously about his friend Harrison, who is a huge Batman fan. During a recent Facebook Live Q&A (via Cosmic Book News), Holland revealed another of the duo's conversations, this time on whether he could beat up Ben Affleck.

"And then he was like, 'So you think you could beat up Ben Affleck?' I'm like, 'Nah. Probably no,' " Holland said. "You know, probably not. That guy's big. I'd probably throw a quick jab in there. I probably couldn't even reach him, you know [throws a jab]. I mean, what? He's like 6'4"? He's tall. He's a tall guy."

While he might not be able to take him in a non-super-powered fight, Holland is looking forward to Affleck's mysterious Batman project. "I'm a big fan of Ben's, though" Holland said. "I'm really excited for the new movie, man. It's going to be awesome."

:whee:

Sounds like a good idea to me! It's about time we had another Batman movie. I may be biased, of course...

He'll need to be accompanied if it's R-Rated ;)

He'll need to be accompanied if it's R-Rated ;)

Even if it is just 14+. lol

Ben Affleck explains why he’s not in a hurry to make a Batman movie

Ben Affleck was interviewed by The New York Times tonight for their TimesTalks series, and he was asked about The Batman, which he’s writing, directing, and starring in. Affleck explained why he’s not in any hurry to make the movie.

“We still have to get a screenplay and get it together,” Affleck explained. “I’m a real believer in not reverse engineering projects to meet a window or a date, but rather when you get the right story, the right idea, the right thing, then you make the movie. That’s what we’re doing, and I’m hoping to get that done. I’m spending a lot of time working on that, but also working on other stuff.”

“If I could, there’s nothing I’d love more than to direct a stand-alone iconic, great Batman movie. But it’s been done. Chris Nolan did three really great movies. I’m really mindful of that. I’m not in any hurry to jam the mediocre movie down the pipe. I really want to make sure, if we do it, we get the great version and one that’s worthy of tradition of guys like Tim Burton, Chris Nolan, and Christian Bale.”

AMEN! Someone that 1) acknowledges the Nolan run was really great, and 2) puts quality ahead of delivery.

I feel like Snyder purposely went out of his way NOT to be associated with the Nolan run. Like their work together on Man of Steel led to some fracture in their partnership.

Ben Affleck's Batman Movie Confirmed For 2018 Release

batman-grappling-gun-217820.jpg

As he leaves the company, outgoing Warner Bros. creative chief Greg Silverman appears to have given comic book fans something to look forward to: a tentative release window for Ben Affleck's The Batman.

Then, in what will no doubt be the most reprinted section of the interview, he laid down what's to come post-2017, and seemingly confirmed that The Batman, Ben Affleck's Dark Knight-centric solo movie, is planned for a 2018 release.

“In 2018, there is a second Fantastic Beasts film, and Ready Player One feels like an ambitious movie by the world’s best filmmaker, Steven Spielberg, that will set the world on fire,” Silverman said. “There is Aquaman with James Wan, and Scooby Doo will be a huge launch and then there is Lego Ninjago. And then there is Ben Affleck’s Batman.”

And with that, Affleck provides some reassurance.

Ben Affleck: "There's Not Enough Money In The World To Make A Mediocre Version Of Batman Worth It"

On Wednesday, Affleck said The Batman — which he will direct and is co-writing with DCEU co-runner Geoff Johns — is on track to commence filming in spring 2017. On that same day, Warner Bros. creative chief Greg Silverman said The Batman is expected to open in theaters in 2018. However, since Affleck doesn't believe in rushing a film along to meet a window or a date, The Batman could always get pushed back.

Speaking with EW, as part of the magazine's 2016 Entertainers of the Year feature, Ben Affleck provided them with an update on his progress with The Batman. "I'm still working on the -script," he shared. "I'm not going to write and direct anything that I don't think is good enough to be made. I'm definitely going to make sure I have something that is special—there's not enough money in the world to make a mediocre version of Batman worth it."

EW asked Affleck if his kids are 'psyched that their dad plays Batman.' "They love it," the 44-year-old father of three replied. "My son especiially. He's going to be 5, and he's in full superhero geek mode. He still sort of thinks I might really be Batman. I know he'll realize eventually I have feet of clay, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts."

:wishluck:

Can they please stipulate that Jeremy Irons has to shave for the next movie? I enjoyed his work in Ben Affleckman vs. Superman (surprisingly Affleck's as well), but he looked too much like Gary Oldman. Kept making me wonder why Commissioner Gordon was hanging out in the Batcave.