• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 CGC Registry Awards - the countdown begins!

106 posts in this topic

This is the 1st year I compete!

I'm really exited about having 2 sets at #1 rank in their rispective categories!

Maybe this is not a big thing for big collectors but it's a big thing for me!

Congrats, which sets are they? I remember battling it out for #1 for the first time last year too.

This year, with just under an hour to go and I've got a whole bunch of books needed to stay #1 in a couple of my favourite sets sitting in encapsulation that won't pop out in time (despite my best endeavours - dropping off in person at Motor City Comic Con). :tonofbricks:

Even so, looks like I'll manage to hold one of my key sets by the skin of my teeth (thanks to Gemma for her efforts updating the registry).

Well another deadline has come and gone, and I am happy to say that it was a fun chase for yet another year. Can't wait to hear the results in July! Congrats to all the winners...this sure is a fun competition to be a part of! :cloud9:

I'm certainly excited to see how this plays out for everyone involved. I'm fairly new the game, and decided to make a push for a "Best Presented" award for my Divinity (2015) registry set.

Learned a lot in the process, and picked up a few ideas that might be useful in future sets.

This is the 1st year I compete!

I'm really exited about having 2 sets at #1 rank in their rispective categories!

Maybe this is not a big thing for big collectors but it's a big thing for me!

Congrats, which sets are they? I remember battling it out for #1 for the first time last year too.

I'm the one who asked Gemma to create this set and when time is up i'm #1 at Back to the Future 2015!!!

I was a lil worried because i only have 4 books registered and at least 20 books grading at CGC... but everything goes well, really happy about it! :banana:

This year, with just under an hour to go and I've got a whole bunch of books needed to stay #1 in a couple of my favourite sets sitting in encapsulation that won't pop out in time (despite my best endeavours - dropping off in person at Motor City Comic Con). :tonofbricks:

Even so, looks like I'll manage to hold one of my key sets by the skin of my teeth (thanks to Gemma for her efforts updating the registry).

I'm sorry, i think it's not good to know you could be the winner but your books are still under grading, but anyway CONGRATULATIONS for your winning set, it's really well-done, cool pics and descriptions :golfclap:

I'm certainly excited to see how this plays out for everyone involved. I'm fairly new the game, and decided to make a push for a "Best Presented" award for my Divinity (2015) registry set.

Learned a lot in the process, and picked up a few ideas that might be useful in future sets.

OMG!

REALLY IMPRESSIVE! (worship)

How to make a description like yours???

Good luck with your set, fella!

It looks fantastic! Very well presented (thumbs u