• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 1

18 posts in this topic

Is that a tear going thru the Torch?

Can you remove the tape?

3.0-4.0 depending on these questions

Not a tear, a deep crease.

As for the tape, I don't know if I could remove it without damaging the book so I'm afraid to try.

Thanks for the grades, everyone!

nice book-- 4.0/4.5 - the spine on this book really boosts it up despite those creases.

I think you should leave the tape be. IIRC removing the tape might get flagged as restoration, especially old tape like that. I've had some simply fall off after the adhesive completely dried out.

just my guess - CGC might see it as low as a 3.0 on a bad day.

It's a solid 3.0 regardless what you do to it. A book of this age and wear and tear won't benefit at all from manipulation, in fact, just the opposite. Screw the possible +.5 and just preserve it as it should be preserved. :sumo::applause:

I know you'll do the right thing Unca Ben. (thumbs u

It's a solid 3.0 regardless what you do to it. A book of this age and wear and tear won't benefit at all from manipulation, in fact, just the opposite. Screw the possible +.5 and just preserve it as it should be preserved. :sumo::applause:

I know you'll do the right thing Unca Ben. (thumbs u

thanx again, to all.

I won't remove the tape 'cause I'm afraid to, and it really doesn't bother me. :D